Old 01-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/198/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Somersizing?

Is anyone else somersizing? I went on somersizing 10 years ago and lost all the weight from having a baby, plus got down to 138!

I'm starting it again and would like to meet others who somersize.

Thanks,
Amy
graphicgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #2  

I am somersizing! Just started back up this year--need to lose about 5 solid pounds that have creeped up and will not go. I cannot stay on the diet-I keep cheating. I'm wondering if it is my age (54) or something else. I don't seem to have the motivation I had when I was young--anyone else have that problem? Also I have never posted stuff and am not sure what I am doing!! Hope this arrives in the right spot and that I can find it and answers!!
STELLA J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/208/135

Height: 5'5

Default hello!

Hello,
I was just about to post about Somersizing. I studied it years ago when I was barely in high school and thought it was very interesting but too difficult to follow at the time because I couldn't control the food that was bought since I was just a kid. Now I have bought another book on it and would love to try it out. I am usually a low carb dieter but I like the method of food combining and that this diet allows fruits even in phase one. It sounds great! Let me know how it goes for you and I'll do the same!
fluffygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #4  

Default I am thinking about Somersizing.

I have been low carbing for a few weeks but I am wondering if Somersizing would be better.I have tried everything else even been on 3FC a few times talking about other plans.I have read her book a few years ago.I think it would be good for anyone with digestion problems.Let me know how it is going for everyone
Patricia
patricia54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #5  

I somersized all last week and dropped 4 pounds! Then I cheated all weekend and gained 2, BUT! I am ecstatic! I started up again this morning. Anyone else somersizing?
Stella
STELLA J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #6  

Default Just wondering

Just wondering how everyone on somersizing is doing...I have been doing it for 2 weeks. I have lost 4 pounds, but more importantly I feel so much better. I haven't felt the urge to "cheat" - I am very content with the options for food. I have read that the weightloss may be slow in the beginning. Is this the case? If so, I like to mentally prepare myself!!
pawgirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:13 AM   #7  

Hi

I am Debbie and am in the exact same position.I too keep cheating,perhaps we could support each other to shed the 5 pounds.I take about 14 days to get to the "MELT" This is the only diet for me ......it has worked every time!!!
Debsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:16 AM   #8  

Sorry I did not mention my last post was about SOMERSIZING ....I really believe in it and have seen it work so many times.I just need help getting back on it
Debsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: S 225/ C 220/ G 135

Height: 5'3

Hey ALL,

I to have Somersized before and have been successful. I have had a hard time however trying to find the "purest" forms of foods that it requires.
Examples: Heavy Cream, Fat Free Sour Cream, Cream Cheeses, mostly dairy to name just a few all I have come across have one additive/fillers or another that is not allowed, therfore, not what Suzanne suggest in her program. I guess I am under the impression that any "additive"/Filler throws the diet off. There are alot of recipes I would like to try from some of her books, but I just can't find the "purest" forms of the ingredients.

Has anyone else come across this problem? I like the program beause I can have A LOT of my favorite foods in the right combinations, withou really having portion control and eating til you're full. I have a love for Cheesecake, and with this program I can make her recipe and it is AWESOME! I like the fact that you can have " decadent" foods and sauces.

I have purchased quite a bit of her products and like them, my challenge is finding the "pure " ingredients to go along with it.

ANy ideas? and can anyone tell me if they just "use what they can find" and still have good results? I haven' tried doing it, I have just stayed away from what I cant find, so basically using the same recipes over and over.

I would like to start the program again, but dont want the "burn out" of not being able to try new recipes because I can't find the ingredients. Make sense?
Would appreciate ANY advice.

Thanks in advance.
YSLGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

I have been ss on/off since last Oct and have lost 21#. As far as ingredients go, I find the best I can and go from there. It really is a good programme & easy to follow when dining out.

Good luck everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone,
I lost a lot of weight doing ss. Now I need to lose 50lbs.eek! I am thinking of going back to ss. How are all of you doing?
spagirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagirl111 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I lost a lot of weight doing ss. Now I need to lose 50lbs.eek! I am thinking of going back to ss. How are all of you doing?

Just starting back up also. Going on a Cruise in April, so I am getting geared up and see what I can lose until then, besides it being a really "eating out" freindly program. I can SS and still vacation at the same time.

Anyone know how to start a Somersize support forum??? That was someone elses suggestion that I read, since there isnt really one here and for those who are really on this program, it would be so benefical for all our over all support!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSLGoddess View Post
Hey ALL,

I to have Somersized before and have been successful. I have had a hard time however trying to find the "purest" forms of foods that it requires.
Examples: Heavy Cream, Fat Free Sour Cream, Cream Cheeses, mostly dairy to name just a few all I have come across have one additive/fillers or another that is not allowed, therfore, not what Suzanne suggest in her program. I guess I am under the impression that any "additive"/Filler throws the diet off. There are alot of recipes I would like to try from some of her books, but I just can't find the "purest" forms of the ingredients.

Thanks in advance.
I hope you don't mind me jumping in like this. I Somersized a long time ago. YSLGoddess, Daisey brand sour cream has no fillers, it's just sour cream. I'm not sure, but I believe the Friendship brand of sour cream has no additives. Depending on where you live, you may or may not be able to find these brands. Also, you want to buy full fat sour cream unless you're having it with a carbo meal. For cream cheese I used Philadelphia brand. I never used cream, but I think any brand of heavy cream will do. Trying to find the "purest" forms of ingredients will drive you crazy, at least it did for me. I would travel to more than one grocery store looking for the perfect ingredients. So, just do the best you can.
Good luck with Somersizing. Her recipes are delicious and it's a great way to eat.

Ali
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

I brought my ss book (East Great, Lose Weight) with me to work today & will do some reading at lunch. I picked this book up at a thrift store for $1 after taking it out at the library. Pleased with such a bargain!
Even just reading her books motivate me.

When I first started I kept track of my weekly menus which helps keep me organized & a list of ss foods & where I bought them, which makes shopping easier.

Hope you are all having a great ss day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleka View Post
I hope you don't mind me jumping in like this. I Somersized a long time ago. YSLGoddess, Daisey brand sour cream has no fillers, it's just sour cream. I'm not sure, but I believe the Friendship brand of sour cream has no additives. Depending on where you live, you may or may not be able to find these brands. Also, you want to buy full fat sour cream unless you're having it with a carbo meal. For cream cheese I used Philadelphia brand. I never used cream, but I think any brand of heavy cream will do. Trying to find the "purest" forms of ingredients will drive you crazy, at least it did for me. I would travel to more than one grocery store looking for the perfect ingredients. So, just do the best you can.
Good luck with Somersizing. Her recipes are delicious and it's a great way to eat.

Ali
Thank you so much for your reply! Its the "fat free" things I have the problem with. But if I tend to just stay away if I cant find the right items, and opt for the pro/fats! Simple enough I guess!