Old 02-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #72

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Feel free to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Cristina - Thanks for the new thread! Hope you are having a good day and congrats on the ticker!

Sue - It is nice to see you posting and thank you for the birthday wishes 4 Gaby. She is busy playing w/ some new Barbie's at the moment. Hope you are making headway on Mt Washmore!

We were going to go home after a quick lunch, need to be home by 3pm....or at least I want to be.....have laundry to get done. Bachelor is down to 3, I hope he sends Molly home tonight.

anyway, talked Gaby into a smaller cake, we certainly dont need a sheet cake if it is just the 2 of us. We were going to go by Albertsons and pick up her cupcakes for school as we head out of town.

k- just wanted to say hello again since I have the computer right in the house and don't have to do the lame library thing.

to everyone.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #3  
One day at a time

Okay, so 3rd times a charm eh?

First...

Happy Birthday Miss Gaby!!

I'll be back in a few minutes!
Old 02-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #4  
One day at a time

Okay, I am back...

SUSAN...you silly woman...I have talked about Jason plenty, my oldest. I probably don't say his name much, him or DD...use DS or DS#1. I know I mentioned their trip to Canada and then his trip to Miami recently. Just I seem to talk more about DD because I spend the most time with her, and J & C/family because I watch Cambrie...I guess He goes to school, works and is hardly ever home but I am sure I talk of him. Anyway, the pork chops w/mushroom soup was good! I have cooked them in the crockpot before...taste the same to me as being baked in the oven. Yay on the shoes! Hoping Gaby's BD is a fun one!

MINDEE...hoping you and the hubby get some alone time soon. Sorry the friend wasn't feeling well.

SUE...beautiful picture! I love the rays coming thru the trees, so pretty. Can't wait for spring...of course we have had some spring like days last week and tomorrow is supposed to be up to 69! Sorry about the 3 pounds

SASSY...don't work too hard packing! Ugh, that is something I don't look forward to when and if we ever sell this house!

KATHY...I think you did an awesome job with your walking challenge/goal! I could never do 3 miles in 30 minutes. And to the 10 pounds missy! Hoping the puppy is okay, poor little guy.

FRANCIE...hoping all is well with you...come and chat when you can.

JULES...hoping you are having a good day!

TAMMY...you must be back at working hard.

KATY...hoping you are having a good day!

ASIA...come out and play when you can!

MICHELLE...hoping you are having a great day, and hope to hear from you soon.

Okay, I think I got to everyone, if not sorry.

I've had a busy day today, or rather the time has gotten away from me doing nothing, lol. I think that is what it is. I get on the computer and lose track of time. But in between I do things...got in my exercise, a little over 5 miles...feeling good about that, got two loads of laundry done, the kitchen cleaned...someone is feeling better and starving and left me a sink full of dishes!, had my shower, straightened some and read some. So I guess it has been a busy day.

Had a horrible eating weekend. Was just being a pig. But I am on track today. I am going out to dinner, an early dinner with the hubby when he gets home and showers. It's our V-day dinner. We never go on the actual day...usually do a day the week of. But I was getting over the sickness last Monday, he worked late Tues-Thurs and we never really go out on a Friday, especially Olive Garden so...tonight it is. You probably didn't need the whole story about that tho Oh well...need to go finish my hair.

Take care all, and I hope you are having a great Monday!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #5  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Well, we had to go out and get my phone fixed......then we went and looked for some dress shoes for Tommy......then we grabbed some lunch, walked around the mall and came home. a lady that Tommy used to work with, that lives in this complex, is giving us a new couch and dresser. so Tommy is going to go over there in a little bit with our neighbor and they are going to pick them up.

I changed my tongue ring today.....it took me and Tommy to do it, but it is done. I could do it on my own, but the bar is a little short so I need his assistance in changing it.

my eating really hasn't been the greatest BUT I am still somehow losing weight, so I am not complaining! Must be all the Wii playing! I still want to get a Wii fit for it.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #6  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

I'm still here!!

Back to work last week and it totally exhausted me. I should have gone back to 8 hrs instead of 12 hr shifts but somehow I made it. I worked Mon, Tues, Wed I had a dentist appt and hair appt and then had a guy scheduled to hang a new foyer light. Went to dance that eve, worked on Thurs and collapsed in bed by 10. I can't believe how little energy I have. Then we went away to the beach for the weekend with friends to celebrate Valentine's Day. Eating out all weekend was wonderful but also left me feeling bloated and full of fluid from all the sodium. My legs are so puffy. I usually don't retain fluid. Gotta work Tue, Thurs and Fri. I had off today and went to Wally World for groceries. I forgot that school was off for Pres. Day and the place was over run with kids. I had good intentions of doing indys tonight but have run out of time. I have to iron uniforms for the week, pack lunch and watch 24 tonight. I check back as soon as I can. Take care and hugs to everyone
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola.

Well I made it through lastnight at work alone. Wow was it busy! In the AM I got totally slammed! I was sooooo happy to see the dayshift girls come in! lol.

I feel about the same today. Girls at work say I sound worse. lol. I feel worse......UGH. I guess just have to get "over the hump" right? Its not in my throat, that was just the 1st night. Its all in my head now and I can't breathe...........UGH.

I kidded with my husband and my coworkers saying I came up with a new diet, just plug up your nose so you can't smell or taste anything! Cuz I don't wanna eat. Lastnight I ate my WW's Yogurt for lunch and that was it. Just didn't want anything else. I should have just packed all yogurt for lunch. lol.

DH stopped to get me some dinner tonight and I can't eat it either. My coworker looked at me and said, "you don't want that, do you?" lol. I was like not really.........lol. But my husband won't let me not eat..........

I will be so happy once this move is done with too! We did get the coolest thing at Costco though for our house. Its an Electric Fireplace but it is also an entertainment center too! Its really cool. We have it at my in-laws right now until we get moved.

We have to find a dresser or something. The one we have my mom gave us and we've had forever and its just falling apart. Ikea has one we like but I think its like 2 or 300 dollars and we just don't wanna spend that money right now. So have to get by with something. May just take the one we have I guess.

HAPPY BDAY GABY!!! I hope it was a good one!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #8  
One day at a time

Good morning!

SASSY...hope you feel better soon.

MINDEE...so how are you liking the tongue ring?

TAMMY...try not to work too hard, I know that is easier said than done.

Hello to everyone else

Nothing going on with me right now. Went and picked Cambrie up, just had breakfast and getting ready to start the day. She's watching Diego right now so as soon as it is over I have exercise to do. Getting back on my schedule of doing weights/sculpting on Tues & Thurs...not being doing much sculpting or weights at all and I don't want to lose the muscle I built. It is supposed to get up to 69 today but with the wind blowing as hard as it is I'm not sure it will be so warm so our little walk/bike ride may be out...we'll see. I'll be back later this afternoon when I put her down for a nap.

Oh, as far as an Easter challenge goes...I am going to go with a 3 pound loss I hate doing weight loss challenges as I feel I set myself up to fail from the start...put a time frame on it and I might as well forget it, lol. But I am going to try anyway. Only going with 3 pounds because Easter is not so far away!

Hoping everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 02-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. Oh wow, I did indies and then the thread changed. I really did shout out to all of you.

Not a lot going on here today. I am still drinking coffee and trying to get warm. Can't for some reason. It is sunny and 26 degrees in our neck of the woods. Brrr.

I am taking Mom to the Dr. this afternoon. We will most likely go out for a very late lunch, early dinner after the Dr. DH won't be here all day or evening, so I see no need to cook a big dinner. heehee. He said yesterday if he was gone Mom and I would eat out every day.....I argued and said "not EVERY day." But he is right. I am burned out on cooking. I have been doing it since I was 16 and that's a lonnnnggg time.

I think I will get time to finish my latest Sue Grafton book today and possibly start another. I have been watching a mama hummingbird feed her babies via webcam, very entertaining.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hummingbird-babies-webcam

Talk to you all later. I do want to get in a walk today. (indoors)
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #10  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Cristina - ohhhhh, that Jason....., I really don't remember. It is just spacey me, I guess...lol. Thats an adorable picture for Gaby, thank you! I will have to show her next time she is around the compter. How was the Olive Garden? Sounds yummy! I think my Easter challenge will be no eating after 6pm.....starting tonight because last night I was grazing. lol

Tammy - Nice to see you posting, a 12 hour shift would be grueling no matter what to me. Hope you start getting more energy, and take it easy!

oops, better get to work!

to Sue, Sassy, Mindee,Katy, Jules, Francie, Michelle, Kathy and Asia!

Hope I got everyone!

Gab and I had a *cake for 2*, I picked it up at Albertsons last night, just perfect. I am glad I didn't get the sheet cake. After driving 90 minutes to get home I had to hang streamers and blow up balloons....to make the kitchen area festive for the party girl....we also dashed to Freddies and picked up a Barbie car.......cause she HAD to have one of those.

Watched the Bachelor and was bummed he sent Jillian home. What he see's in Molly is beyond me.....her make up looks gross and her hair looks matted....lol, so mean. Whatever. I like Melissa, so will pull for her now.

k- time is up...and so is the scale....lol.....I HAVE to get it back down this week. Been very naughty for the last 3 days, back to my salads now though!

chat more later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-17-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Back again for a few minutes...

SUE...I am the same...been cooking since I was 15...worked in fast food if that counts, lol. Plus at home...just get so tired of trying to figure out what to cook everyone and it is so much easier to eat out. Hope everything goes well at the doctor.

SUSAN...I was wondering when the girls got into playing with Barbies...have bought Cambrie a couple and she liked them for about 5 minutes, lol. This is after she said she wanted one too! Hope Gaby had a great/fun BD!

Hiya everyone else again!

Did my walk and took Cambrie on her bike ride. She is down for a nap so trying to be quiet. Once she is out I am going to do my BL sculpt dvd...haven't done that in ages, and then I am done for the day, with the exercise that is.

Almost forgot Susan, the book I am reading is Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos...it's okay, not great but it sounded good at the time I bought it at the used book store...one of the 10 for $10 ones...can't beat that. Anyway...

Have a great day!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #12  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone

Popping in really quick before we run the puppy to the vet.

Went and saw Paul Blart Mall Cop last night and we actually had a good laugh. It was good. Made a loaf of raisin bread for DS #1 because he has spent the last 3 days playing DS #2 favorite racing game with him and he hasn't complained about playing with his little brother. Shocked me! Actually shocked me to find out that DS #1 even really liked raisin bread.

Cristina - Oh yeah that Jason jk I did know about him but I missed somehow that he had been on a vacation to Canada. Where did he go while he was here? He certainly did not pop in to my house for dinner. He would have been more than welcome. The Barbie thing....my DD never was into Barbie's, but all her friends at the age of 4 were Barbie crazy. The babysitters girls are 4 and they love Barbie's. Cole likes to play Barbie's also. He wanted one for Christmas, but DH said NO WAY. Then DH said maybe we could get him a Ken doll. I said wouldn't it be better if he plays with Barbie instead of Ken? Needless to say Cole did not get Barbie or Ken. DH did let him get the Easy Bake oven that he wanted though. Hope that you had a great walk. I bet the fresh air helps Miss Rugrat nap better. How do you like the BL sculpt video?

Susan - What a good Mom you are to decorate the house for our Gabster. Did you find a Barbie Car? BTW your garbage must have been really heavy if the ex has to sit down to tie it up. You have him trained well though if he will still take out the garbage for you. I don't watch the bachelor. Maybe he kept the one so it won't be so hard to choose which one he will make as his final choice??

Sue - I hope all goes well for your mom at her Dr.'s appointment today. :fingerscrossed: and I am sending good vibes also. I have just finished reading a series from David Peltzer. A child Called It, Little Boy Lost, and A Man Called Dave, and there is one more in between that I can't remember the name. It is his Autobiography about his life and how he over came the child abuse he suffered as a child.

Sassy - Sorry that you are sick. Also having to work alone when you are sick sucks also. What kind of calls do you take? If I was to call in at 2 am because my internet is not working, would I get to talk to you? I know I wouldn't but it would be nice. When do you start moving? You will have to send us your new address.

Tammy My goodness, I am still exhausted after reading what was going on with you and I am not sick, or actually doing all that. Wow....You really are Superwoman. I sure hope that you get some time just to put up your feet and relax a little. Unplug the phone while you are at it.

Mindee - that is great that you are getting some new furniture. Have you heard anything on a new place? I have to say, too bad you didn't have some pictures for us to look at of both of you changing your tongue ring. What a good hubby you have, because mine would not have helped me. In all honesty I think he would have hid my car keys if he knew I was going to get my tongue pierced. He is kind of old school that way.

Ok Michelle - You took the hard step by finally logging back in, now come on out to the kindergarten yard and spend some time with us.

Jules - How are you doing? Is little man walking yet? Our daring Punkin has decided it is time to start running. It is so funny to see her little legs go. She of course lands on her butt, but she is determined to get it right.

Katy - Did I mention how great your tank top looked on you? I can't wait to be able to wear one. What do you have going on today in your busy world?

Francie - How are you? We sure do miss you. I hope all is going ok.

Asia - Come out Come out wherever you are!

Well I guess I had better get going. DD took one puppy up to someone in Edmonton today, then there is someone else in the town closest to us that will take a puppy. That only leaves us with 3 more to get rid of. I can't wait until they all have happy homes.

BBL
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #13  
RosieKate

Hi all ..have a few minutes to kill before I have to head up to the bus stop.

Susan - HB to Miss Gaby! Leigh swears being 7 is So much better than being 6, lol! Much agreement on Jillian. She had lots of energy, personality and drive....so of course she must be dumped! I think Kathy is right... and DH said the same thing when he caught himself watching it with me last night...she would be too hard to dump at a final two. I get the impression that Jason wants to be the dominant one and is less interested in an equal partnership.

Kathy - thanks for the compliment..I'm still too self-conscious to wear the tank to the gym.. but, put it up on the blog? No Problem!

Cristina - Leigh made a big deal about Barbies, too, then lost interest very quickly. She is way more into Littlest Pet Shop. Makes sense as she loves animals. I need to think of an Easter Challenge. I was pretty spotty on the Valentine's day one, so I need to be more realistic with the next one.

Sue - hope you got your walk in today...and that your mom had a good visit with the doc.

Sassy - good luck with the move...you sound so excited! I'm excited for you.

I know I'm missing people so Hi to everyone I didn't get to!

The girl scout cookies arrives last night. I did indulge to day, but i counted the calories and will stick to a light supper to keep things under control. It put my carbs over 100, but I can keep it under 125. I think that will be my Easter goal...keep the carbs between 100-125. I am doing better at getting it under 100, but I am not consistent. DH and I also a going to have a Lent challenge of doing some kind of exercise everyday. So when's Fat Tuesday? That's when I'm supposed to start right?

Anyhoo...hope everyone is having a great day, I'm off to the bus stop...

Last edited by RosieKate; 02-17-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #14  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Did someone say GS cookies? For several years I have avoided buying any. This year one of our new neighbors asked us if we wanted to order them...so we couldn't be the nasty new neighbors. I think DH has 2 boxes coming. Luckily I hear the boxes don't have many in them these days.

Nothing going on here. I watched Biggest Loser and switched back and forth to Idol. DH was gone or I wouldn't have kept flipping the channels. (can't tell him not to if I am going to do it...lol) I forgot to mention earlier that I was disappointed with the Bachelor last night sending Jillian home. I thought all along that he was into Melissa, but I hoped it was Jill. Actually, he was probably into more than one...oops, did I just say that?

Mom's Dr. sent her specimen away for a culture...whatever that will mean. We will know on Friday. He did explain more about what can be done since she can not have surgery. Nothing sounds like a true solution. We just play it day by day.

I finished my latest Sue Grafton book and started a Patricia Cornwell. That and a little housework was all I did after going to the Dr. Tomorrow is a trip to Hobby Lobby for patterns and fabric then to lunch with mom and DD.

I hope you are all having a great week and have a Happy Hump Day!
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #15  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

my goodness you ladies were chatty while I was away!

we were so busy over the weekend, and then yesterday we had some running around to do. today was a rough day since it is Tuesday.....but they were okay for the most part. Tommy is going to Walmart, and then he will come home and we will more then likely play the Wii for a little bit!

we never did go out for Valentine's day......and our neighbor was going to watch the kids for us on Sunday, but then she got sick......so she couldn't do it. she said that when she gets better she will watch the kids for us to go out and go bowling or something.

someone mentioned GS cookies? we ordered 3 boxes each from two of our nieces........I went with the lower calorie option. I was mad that they didn't keep the Cinna-spins that they had last year.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote