Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking G2009 - This Takes More Than Luck - Challenge #2

Goals 2009 - Challenge #2:

This Takes More than Luck

Hey everyone!

To all you losers from the first challenge! I hope that you are all picking up some steam for the beggining of our second challenge of the year! So, the title of this challenge says it all. I think we all know that losing weight and being healthy does take more than luck! It takes dedication and commitment! It also takes lots of support and from time to time! LOL!

So, welcome one and welcome all to our NEW challenge!

Stay tuned for our weekly mini-challenges which will address our physical activity, food, spirit, and so much more!

This challenge is gonna be a short one running February 14th till March 17th
which is a little over 4 weeks!

A few things to note about this challenge -
**The weeks will start on Saturday and end on Friday
**You must PM your weigh ins to me by each week on Friday (at least until Eny gets back)
**I will post results on Saturdays
**Final weigh in will be Tuesday, March 17th 2009!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

So should we PM you our start weight today as well? Then PM you each Friday here after? Thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #3  

Talking Mini-Challenge #1

Mini-Challenge #1 - Exercise Challenge

Tag Your IT!

Back by popular demand - It's the "TAG YOUR IT" Challenge....with a few changes!

**First of all - This mini challenge will run Feb 14th - February 28th! That is only two weeks! Why you ask are we only doing this for two weeks and NOT the full challenge? I will tell you - I want to try something different with the exercise challenge....I think whenever we are starting something new people hit the ground running and after a couple weeks things die down...so I'm gonna try doing exercise challenges 2-3 weeks at a time now and then switch to a new exersice challenge for the last part of the over all challenge. This means that from now on there will be at least 2 different exercise challenges for each big challenge (could be more than 2 for longer challenges).

**Secondly, to make the challenge a little less overwhelming.....we are only going to tag 2 people at a time this time!

**How this challenge works!**
#1 - I will start the challenge off by tagging 5 LUCKY ladies!
#2 - Those ladies will put in 30 minutes of some kind of exercise (cardio, strength, etc.)
#3 - After those ladies put in their 30 minutes, they will come here and each tag 2 more lucky ladies!

So, the long and short of it.....if you get tagged...you owe us 30 minutes of exercise...when you complete it...you get to tag 2 people and then they owe you 30 minutes!

HAVE FUN!

Okay, so here are the 5 ladies who are gonna kick this off!

#1 - Fauxtini
#2 - Heather1979
#3 - Modcat
#4 - Dixiemae
#5 - and ME (McKenziesmomma)

If you wanna get tagged...make sure you are coming here and posting frequently so we know your here...we can't tag you if we don't know your here!
Old 02-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #4  

You do not have to PM me a start weight....

If you would just post your start weight here that will suffice!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

SW:193

Hi girls! Glad to see another challenge!

Melissa- Thanks! Im in bad need of encouragement right now. Im having a HORRIBLE day. Seems like everything is going wrong today. Austin isnt cooperating with me today, I was a little dissappointed with my weight loss, started TOM, and im just in a crappy mood. So I binged on a Big mac and fries...grrrrr. Sorry had to vent for a min. I know I shouldnt be dissappointed. I know its not the pds it IS that I know I can do better. I hope through this next 4 weeks I can concentrate better. I planned out a exercise schedule for the gym. Hopefully things get better. Good job your weight loss!

Well congrats again to everyone! I dont particularly like the tag challenge but ill try to participate just because most of you are so fond of it. I have a exercise regimn I plan to follow starting mon, its about 40 min a day 5x a week.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #6  

Melissa- Will we have another no scale challenge?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #7  

Heather - We may have another no scale challenge later in the year??? Not really sure yet..... I think it is great you developed a schedule for going to the gym.....good luck! Just remember that if the schedule you made doesn't work out you can always figure out why it didn't work and readjust and try a new schedule....just keep trying and you will get it! Your getting so close...and it shows! This is a short challenge...so hopefully everyone will keep their motivation up...

Why don't you like the tag challenge? It is supposed to motivate you to exercise so you can make other people exercise and motivate them.....exercise is just a part of what we are having to do to get to where we want to be. You don't have to participate in any of the challenges that you don't want to participate in....if you don't want to play tag you don't have to...but it will be your loss

We all need to remember that warmer weather is just right around the corner.....I don't know about the rest of you but I'm getting kinda comfy in my bulky sweatshirts and they hide the rolls well too...LOL! So I have to really kick it in gear these next couple of challenges so I'm ready for warm weather attire!

My start weight for this challenge is 241....I would like to lose 6 pounds in 4 weeks and be at 235 by the end of this challenge!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 02-14-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #8  

Melissa- I dont know why , I just dont. Im gonna do it anways because we are all here to help each other.

OMG girls!!! My day has totally turned around and im sooooooooo excited!!!!!!
My sister I found wrote me back today. She knows who me and my sister are and and shes excited to interact with us. She says shes always known about us , was just scared to open up that chapter in her life.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #9  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Heather - Good for you! I hope you & your sisters all get to form a relationship & enjoy being family Maybe with this happy news it'll put a little pep in your step & you'll complete your first tag I think this time around you'll enjoy it. You weren't in the zone last time we played the game. Once you get into it then you'll enjoy it. During the first game I used to check the computer throughout the game going "Oh I have another tag!" It'll be good. And if you don't like it after awhile, then just tell us not to tag you. We'd understand.

Alright... my start weight for this challenge is 212. My goal will be to lose 5 lbs. to be 207 by March 17th. I'll aim low because, as some of you might remember, I'm not on a "diet" or counting calories. So I'm losing slowly. I've just changed eating habits, drink my water, and work out.

I have to babysit tonight... so I'm wondering if I should work out before hand... I'll think about it

I wish you LUCK on this new challenge. Hope you all stick with us!!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

OMGosh, we have the tag game back!

My start weight for this challenge is 259.2

I really just want to focus on getting back into eating right and doing some form of exercise. So I'll make a small goal: 4 lbs?

Tonight I will: walk the unnamed dog around the block, fill my vitamin box, and get to sleep by midnight.

Tomorrow I will: wake up by 8 am, take my vitamins, take the dog for a walk, and stay away from soda. Gotta stay away from the soda.

I miss Eny.

I miss all of you! Hopefully I can be more active this challenge, online and off.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #11  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Heather ~ YAY! I'm happy for you!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #12  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I'm starting the challenge at 213. I'd like to lose a pound a week and get down to 209 by the end of the challenge.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #13  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! I worked out for only 45 minutes... I need to make up the last 15 minutes tomorrow. I need to jump in the shower before I go babysit for some friends. I'll be back later! Great to see you here Jasonslea & Ufi!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Thanks for the tag, Melissa! I'm starting about 179 (178.8 actually) and want to lose 4 pounds, to be 175 by St. Paddy's Day! Yes, I can!

Off to the store to buy more healthy foods, then will do my 30 minutes tonight!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #15  

Shari - I miss Eny too...I'm starting to get really worried
She has never been gone this long...I know she is tired and has her plate full, but she almost always checks in.....I hope she and the baby and Joe and Hunter are all okay! Everyone keep your fingers crossed that she will soon return!
Closed Thread