Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Default Trader Joe's Soups

I had the butternut squash and apple soup today and it was so good, can't wait to get back to Trader Joe's and try the rest.

Has anybody had any of the other flavors?
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There is a ginger one? butternut squash ginger? or something like that. It is pretty good. I don't eat dairy anymore though and I think most of them have dairy.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #3  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I love their Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper soup. I add fresh basil and a very light drizzle of olive oil. However, I'll be omitting the latter now. 1C is 100cal/2g fat and a hella sodium. I've made it myself healthier and usually do unless I am in a rush. I will post my recipe if there isn't one up there.

I take the squash soup and throw in some fresh, roasted garlic and a good curry powder w/anchillo chilis. Just watch out for the serving size vs. the cals/fat/sodium - they sneak up on you.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

I had my first Trader Joe's experience a few weeks ago, I picked up the tomato and roasted red pepper soup. It was so incredible that I picked up 8 containers when I returned a week later. The store is fairly far from my home so I figured that would hold me over till next trip. I eat it every day!
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #5  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyNurse View Post
I had my first Trader Joe's experience a few weeks ago, I picked up the tomato and roasted red pepper soup. It was so incredible that I picked up 8 containers when I returned a week later. The store is fairly far from my home so I figured that would hold me over till next trip. I eat it every day!
Hint: you need to stock up on what you like because they run out of certain things fast! I stock up on Santini olive oil - the closest to what I used when I lived in Italy and their 21-Seasoning Salute ... oh baby! lol

Check out the frozen foods - the frozen papaya and mangoes, for example, don't have sugars added. It's great for things not in season.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:23 PM   #6  

I like the roasted red pepper and tomato one as an emergency snack. I think it about 1/2 & 1/2 with water or broth, add in hot pepper flakes and/or ground pepper, a drop or two of balsamic and heat. If I need more oomph I add a spoon of cottage cheese. It kinda melts in there. Has saved me many times from mindless eating.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I also like the roasted red pepper and tomato one, as well as the Creamy Corn and Roasted Pepper
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:31 AM   #8  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

I sometimes use their ginger carrot soup as a base for my quick spicy winter soup. I just add a pack of frozen pureed squash, a can of TJ's light coconut milk, ginger/roasted garlic/chili flakes and some Thai hot and sour paste. Major yum and a great hit at dinner parties.
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 259/253/135

Height: 5'5''

OMG, try the creamy tomato soup... It's delicious!!! I do, however, try not to eat more than 2 cups per meal (200cal). Also, if you're trying to control your sodium, you might want to limit your intake for the rest of the day after having this baby.
uhgabyzinha is offline   Reply With Quote