Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #1  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Default Ah, the love!

I picked Tuesday to start my food journal and add a little discipline to my portion control. I've had a terrific week ... eating good stuff often, and staying in a 1500-1700 calorie range.

Lo and behold, I get home from work yesterday, and the spouse and son present me with ... four dozen homemade dark chocolate truffles. I could smell chocolate when I got out of my car!

Now, I love a little piece of dark chocolate - it's part of the food plan to get those good polyphenols. But I've been going with the super-premium bitter stuff (that I absolutely love), with almost no sugar, and certainly no cream!

How did I handle it? Got the recipe, figured out the calorie damage per truffle, and I have enjoyed two.

I want to thank the 3FC community for helping me learn these strategies. What could have been a guilty disaster of self-hatred was instead an incredible small treat. Two truffles didn't taste ANY different from thirty truffles ... and I am still at peace. Thank you so much, everyone!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

And I bet you can freeze those truffles!

It's still amazing to me that I (she who binged for many years) can have good stuff in the house that I can only have tiny portions of...and I'm still sticking to it. If I thought I'd have to give up rich fatty foods forever, I don't think I could stick to it...but a little bit now and then is working fine for me. Calorie counting is the trick. And learning there are some foods that are just not wise to get in the habit of eating every day, but instead to use as a treat.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote