Old 02-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default What is your reward?

Back in the day and through my many attempts at weith loss, my goal rewards were always "food" related. When I lose 20lbs I am going to the Melting Pot, when I lose 50 I am going to the .....you get my drift. So this time, food is not an option and not a goal. Back in early Jan. I went through my many buckets of clothing (size 12-24) and on the outside of them I wrote...265, 250, 235...etc. I am pretty sure I know what will fit and will not. Well I hit 275 this morning and that means I am 10lbs away from opening the first box, which probaly contains 5-8 outfits. I am SO EXCITED and working so hard to get to there.

The other night I was on ebay and was looking for a pair of "seven" jeans. I have always wanted a pair but refuse to spend that much money to make my a#% stand out more! LOL Well I took the plunge, bought a pair in size 20 and they came yesterday! Well they are a bit snug, but they did zipper up. I closed my eyes and carefully put them in the 265 box. Now I am busting my hump to open the box once again.....10 MORE POUNDS TO GO, I wanna wear my Sevens!!!!

So tell me what are you doing to encourage yourself and remain motivated? We all deserve rewards!
Luvbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

I think clothes are a great way to reward yourself. Its a big accomplishment to go down a size! Food is definetely the wrong way to go I mean its so counter productive. when i get to Onederland i am going to splurge on a new hair cut and highlights. The cut is no big thing, but i never spend a lot of money on my hair, so the highlights are going to be the big reward. plus, of course..... new clothes. ( i am shrinking out of my clothes pretty quickly these days) yey!
congrats on getting to 275, you'll be wearing those "sevens" in no time
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

The reward for when I reach my Biggest Loser Challenge goal is buying a blue BL t-shirt! I am pretty close to getting it too!

Beyond that, I don't know. I'm taking this journey one step at a time!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

If I ever hit 150, the day I see that number on the scale I'm ordering myself a pair of Ugg boots, real ones. Although, with as long as I've just hung out at my present weight, they could be out of style by then!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/256/160

Height: 5'3"

When I lose my first 20lbs the shoes on the left are mine!! Dh thinks I dont need more shoes I dont wear LOL
evillynn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #6  

Height: 5'11"

I think this is my first time posting in this forum, so I'll start by saying hello! I kind of browse all forums but the 100 Pound Club seems to be the most active and interesting right now, so I like it here.

I have a spreadsheet where I'm tracking my weight loss, goals, etc. One tab lists my rewards, and the first one on the list is an mp3 player. I must be one of the few people on the planet who don't have one, LOL. Anyway, I have 1 pound to go before I buy it--it's a little red one that is so cute! Other ideas on the list are: new handbag (I'm a purse 'ho), fabric (I'm also a quilter), fancy bra, and a new sewing machine. That last one is a huge reward so that one I will probably save for goal. And once I start shrinking out of my clothes, then I'll have new clothes as a reward, too.

Luvbean, your story about the boxes of clothes is inspiring and I know you'll be in them soon. I have kind of a funny little story about when I saved a pair of jeans. A few years ago, I lost 30 pounds. I had a special pair of jeans that I was waiting to be able to get into, zip up, etc. Finally the day came and they slipped on and zipped easily. But......they were so old that they were horribly out of style! The waist was way up past my belly button and the legs were tightly tapered. I must have saved them from the 80's! They looked so funny that I took them to work and tried them on for a co-worker and we laughed until we cried. I had no idea I had saved them from that long ago! This time around, I have a pair that I am using as inspiration but they're only a couple years old, I promise.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #7  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Every time I hit a goal I reward myself with a non-food item....like new pair of shoes, new clothes, manicure, pedicure, massage, facials When I am maintaining my goal of 150 for a while then my biggest reward is probably going to be getting some saggy skin removed.

When I get to my goal, my husband and I are going on a weekend getaway...we haven't really been by ourselves in a very, very long time!

I have lots of rewards lol
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I definitely use this to motivate myself.

My big reward is to get my hair permanently straightened and that costs $350 but it lasts for a year according to the woman at the salon I go to who does it.

Other small goals are definitely buying myself clothes- when I started this weight loss I went out and bought a few workout outfits that made me feel good. I plan to buy new jeans when I go past a size 16 (I don't have anything smaller than a 16 right now).
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to use rewards that help me look better. When I reach my current mini-goal, I'm going to buy a teeth whitening kit. Other rewards include the mani/pedi, hair cuts (I'm also considering highlights for the first time; possibly a spring or summer reward), new clothes and new makeup.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

well I have a few goals.

1) Have my wedding rings resized. I've told myself that I want to at least be 170 (preferably 160) before I get them resized even though the resizing is free through my jeweler. Until then, the rings sit in my safe.

2) Go rock climbing. Again I want to be around 170/180 before I take a rock climbing class.

Last edited by nelie; 02-13-2009 at 10:41 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

When I hit my 10% goal this time, I bought my Wii and Wii Fit. When I hit a "normal" weight, my goal is to get a new custom horseback riding suit which will cost about $2500. Should have plenty of time to save up!
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Clothes are my reward too. I am huge thrift store shopper though. I know it's gross or whatever to some but I have an awesome thrift store and am easily able to find Anne Taylor, Banana Republic, Express, Lucky blouses, and more there in my size. I went yesterday and spent 31 dollars. LOL!

I also will engage in guilty indulgences like watching a double feature on TV or talking on the phone way too long when I should be doing something else.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #13  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

I had to laugh about the rock climbing. I had given that a thought as a goal weight outing. I also plan to buy a nice classic suit at Talbot's (size 12, I think). I have been doing most of my shopping lately in consignment stores, but it will be nice to have a wide selection to choose something that should fit for some time to come.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #14  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I don't have any set rewards planned... however, I think I will feel rewarded when I am able to wear clothes again from "the other side" of my closet.

Today I am comfortably wearing some blue jeans that were painfully tight a couple weeks ago... and a lace, empire-waist top that I haven't worn in several months.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Ive gone the mani peddi route and facial when I hit my goal i got a new MP3 and when I keep my weight off and May comes around I am going to hire a Cleaning Service to Spring Clean my House
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote