Old 02-13-2009, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Default hello weight loss, where are you?

Okay, I'm TRYING not to get frustrated BUT last week I started exercisising every morning. At the end of the first week I had lost 4lbs!! It was great...exercise works. This week (although weigh in is on Sunday) as of this morning I'm UP 1.4lbs and I worked out everyday AND stayed OP!!

SO, it is my TOM but I thought that exercise would at least combat the effects to keep it at a maintain vs. a gain! Ooooooh, I am mad at this body right now!

I weighed in early because hubby and I are getting away to Buffalo for the night. (There's SO many great and different lo cal items not to mention flavors of crystal light in the States!) I thought it might help me stay on plan tonight at lunch and dinner (Fuddrucker's for lunch, Cheesecake factory for dinner!). I guess it still did...I need to fight this body and win the "battle of the bulge" and I will make healthier choices this weekend but DANG! I thought I'd still lose this week. I guess you can't fight mother nature. She can be a real...%$^&*.
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Kiki,

Just think how great it will be when Aunt Flo leaves...and takes the extra pounds with her. Stay on track and you may be in for a nice surprise!

Also remember...four pounds last weight is a big loss, especially when you are more than halfway to goal. My experience is that oftentimes when I have a larger than usual loss I seem to stall for a bit (not very long necessarily, just long enough for my body to catch up with the loss I figure.)

You are doing fantastic. Have a great trip.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki100 View Post
Okay, I'm TRYING not to get frustrated BUT last week I started exercisising every morning. At the end of the first week I had lost 4lbs!! It was great...exercise works. This week (although weigh in is on Sunday) as of this morning I'm UP 1.4lbs and I worked out everyday AND stayed OP!!

SO, it is my TOM but I thought that exercise would at least combat the effects to keep it at a maintain vs. a gain! Ooooooh, I am mad at this body right now!

I weighed in early because hubby and I are getting away to Buffalo for the night. (There's SO many great and different lo cal items not to mention flavors of crystal light in the States!) I thought it might help me stay on plan tonight at lunch and dinner (Fuddrucker's for lunch, Cheesecake factory for dinner!). I guess it still did...I need to fight this body and win the "battle of the bulge" and I will make healthier choices this weekend but DANG! I thought I'd still lose this week. I guess you can't fight mother nature. She can be a real...%$^&*.
Please don't get upset. I know it is difficult but unfortunatly when tom arrives he usually brings on Water Weight which is different the best thing you can do is really becarefull of your sodium intake during this time and drink plenty of fluids, one thing to be extra careful of is if you drink bottled water make sure it is sodium free I recently found out that some bottle water has sodium. Just remember you are not alone. By the way.....I am 1 week away from becomeing a life time member of WW and TOM showed up for a visit, now I am also up around 2 hopefully I can get rid of it by Sunday as well. I am attaching a link to a website I found here it will give you all the information you need on the resturants you are attending so you can have fun and make smart choices as well.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:20 AM   #4  

Thank you Pandora! I read alot on this site (while I was stalling to get to exercising) about comittment vs. motivation and I decided to get my butt off this chair and start the dang DVD. I feel good at least about the fact that I got'er done. It may not show on the scale right now...but I know.

I'm sure I sound like an idiot but I really did think I could cheat aunt flo. I figured all the exercise plus good eating...no way has she got this on me. HA! But I like your explanation of a big loss one week might mean a small stall the next. I got caught up in the excitement...I thought..."hey! If I lose 4 more next week I'm already at 60lbs down!! Woohoo!" ...in my head...I really do know better. I was trying to rush it and it can't be done.

Thanks again for the supoort!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:25 AM   #5  

cdawnfine, we must have been posting at the same time...thanks for your suggestions also! (And thanks for the link!)

Good luck at your weigh in...I'm sending you positive thoughts!! Life time member...that's awesome!!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #6  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, Kiki ! First off, OMG you have lost 56 amazing pounds! You are my hero!

Second off, you know --- you absolutely KNOW --- that if you stay on plan, those pounds will come off. Some of them are more stubborn than others, tying themselves to your hips with bungee cords or hiding behind your pancreas when you aren't looking, but they can not avoid physics and biology for long. I know how de-motivating it can be to see a blasted increase when you are doing everything right, but just look at what you have already done! You are rockin' it!

SO put on some struttin' music, grab your plan for eating out and enjoy the heck out of your trip. (The struttin' music is as much for you hubby as you, by the by...) You have way better things, much much more fun things, to do than worry about a little plateau.
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #7  

Numina, perspective is a good thing...thanks for the pep talk! Sometimes we really need it don't we? Thanks again! (And thanks for the hilarious visual of my lbs clinging for dear life and screaming as I take action...strutting action no less! LOL!!! Very inspirational!!)
Old 02-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #8  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Michelle- Great job girl! I get hung up sometimes also! You and I are pretty close to coming from the same weight and going to the same weight! Good Luck!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #9  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately weight loss isn't very linear but just know if you keep working your plan that your body will respond. I've had my body stay the same, jump up, etc and then all of a sudden it'll whoosh and drop the pounds. The overall trend is what matters, not the day to day or the week to week blips.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote