Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat Feb 9 - 15

Good morning all! Welcome to a new week! What's up?

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:38 AM   #2  

Smile Still dog sitting

I am maintaining right now rather than losing. I am looking forward to getting back to my exercise routine at home on Thursday, cooking real food, and having something to do other than hang out with a dog. She's a really nice dog but I'm limited in what I can do while she's loose in the house with me.

I had a run in with my client's crunchy granola bars but managed to avoid the rest of their "junk" food. There is no scale in the house but I imagine I'll weigh about what I did when I last weighed at home when I get back there.

I kinda have a goal date in mind for reaching my goal weight but, whenever I do this I sabotage myself, so I'm just going to be kinda vague about it for awhile.

I know that defies all the conventional dieting "wisdom" but we are all different and do this differently.

Have a good Monday all!

Dagmar
Old 02-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar, perhaps you ought to make all client food off limits. Bring your own and tell yourself that you can't eat theirs because it doesn't belong to you. could work, no?
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

I have been so busy planning shopping and overly stressing out about the cost of moving, that I really haven't exercised the last couple days.But that should be no excuse! haha

I am now down to 138.5. I feel great. So great that today I went to taco bell. After I ate there I looked up the calorie count and almost fell over!!! but that's ok, all I have to do is regulate my diner tonight and I shouldn't have to feel too bad.

Anyone have any new plans for v day this weekend? I will be unpacking all day but I am hoping that we can at least do something at night.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Dagmar, perhaps you ought to make all client food off limits. Bring your own and tell yourself that you can't eat theirs because it doesn't belong to you. could work, no?
Easier said than done unfortunately. I have developed a lot of self-control over the years but there are some things that I just can't resist . Luckily not all of my clients eat junk food and a lot of them don't have kids, which always cuts down the snacks available.

Dagmar
Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Dagmar, I totally understand! I used to dog-sit for a guy who would continuously tell me to help myself and he had all kinds of yummy things that I kept out of the cupboards at my place.

I finally re-joined the gym after being back home for a month... I think I've been maintaining my weight but I've only weighed once so I can't say for sure. The pants-o-meter shows no major changes. Time to get a move on!

And valentine's day... I might see if my BF wants to drive down. We are long distance and I'm in grad school (and my car is not in the best condition) so I can't go to him. I'd love to see him and he has off work for a few days, but I feel bad always asking him to come here. It's a full day of driving. Neither of us are really in to valentine's day as a holiday, but it's a good excuse to see each other!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello all

I know I haven't been posting for awhile (I have been lurking). My weight has pretty much stayed the same since Jan 1st. I had a little foot surgery done about a month ago so I have been pretty sedentary lately. This week I was able to do a little exercise. I don't know if any of you have "Exercise TV" on demand on your cable, but I just discovered this on mine. I did a little "dance exercise" yesterday (10 min video; not much I know) and when I was done, I was smiling and thinking to myself that it was fun. Maybe this might be my answer to hating to exercise
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 179/148/135

Height: 5'9

Default Checking in

Hey everyone, newbie here I feel like I started a whole new phase in my weight loss journey when I arrived in Spain to study abroad : ) This week I'm concentrating on eating healthy and keeping up my workouts...It's hard to structure my meals because I eat when my host family provides, which means lunch at 2 and dinner at 9 and a huge no-man's land in between! I won't know if I've lost anything until Sunday, but here's hoping
samandsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote