Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Struggling

I was doing so well...then I went on vacation, ironically to a health spa. (First to a dude ranch and then to Canyon Ranch.) I exercised a lot, but somehow talked myself into the fact that since all the food was healthy I could eat an unlimited amount. (Even healthy lo-cal food adds up.)

I came back in early January and have struggled to maintain. I'm still two pounds above my lowest 2008 weight (in December.) I seem to be okay for a day...and then to fall back. I crave bulk. I'm not binging particularly, but at a restaurant I will eat 2-3 rolls where I was eating none or one.

I'm really scared that this is the beginning of the end.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #2  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

It's the beginning of the middle!

This is life and I'm pretty sure few of us are perfect at any one part of it 100% of the time. It's good that it scares you because as I was just teaching a bunch of 3rd graders last week "Fear keeps us safe and healthy."

I'm with you - these last couple weeks have been more stressful, I'm getting less sleep, my house is a mess, and I have been craving food. My calories have slowly been moving down from around 1900 when I started to about 1650 right now and I'm noticing it at the moment. I could go up to 1800ish, and might for a week or two, but mostly it's just harder to stay on plan right now. I'm coming in usually between 50-100 calories over my daily limit this week and I don't like that.

So you're not alone. I think everyone struggles with staying on plan! What's done is done but you're not back at 254, you're 50lbs lighter! w00t! So just start right now like you did back then and the weight will come off.

You can totally do it, just suffer a little by saying no to off plan choices and then in a week or two or three rejoice when you hit ONEDERLAND!!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #3  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean about the bulk. I have been worrying the last few days because I feel so stomach gnawingly hungry even after I eat. it makes it very hard to stay focused or even feel like it's doable.

today I made a protein shake and added 3 tbspns of psyllium husk and I have felt satisfied all day. I had planned to have another this evening, but I don't even need it. give it a try.....what a lifesaver!
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

If you are craving bulk then GO WITH THAT! Big giant huge salads with TONS of veggies, a cup of grilled chicken and some lower cal dressing.

Cups of cubed watermelon, grapes, kiwi, clementines. Make a huge fruit salad and add some yogurt.

Cups of puffed wheat with skim milk.

Go with it! Maybe it's time to check out the women who do volumetrics?

You CAN do this and you will
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

Most people struggle at some point in their weight loss life. I lost 12 lbs in January and gained them back (stupid!) so now I'm working on losing them again and I want to keep going this time....I just have to get up each morning and make a decision to try no matter what the day holds...good luck!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #6  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

You have come so far!...You may have taken a little detour but you are back on track now....

If you are craving bulk then eat more calorie dense foods... I find eating more protein helps when I feel like I could eat the house.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #7  
FB

Shoot, I crave bulk too - every day. My solution is to eat bulk healthily, ginormous salads, tons of veggies and ramp up the lean protein to help with satiety. Lessening/eliminating processed carbs and adding in plenty of healthy fats always helps with keeping my appetite under control as well.

You're doing a wonderful job, have come so far. There's nothing wrong with eating and wanting a lot of food, as long as you're able to make it work for you.

Last edited by FB; 02-11-2009 at 09:59 AM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

I wish I could give you a hug. You just made me feel better even though that wasn't the point of your post.
We all have rough patches, bad days...whatever. You've been at this for a while. 50 pounds is incredible! You can't be perfect forever.

I went way OP yesterday. We had Chinese food. Not all the choices were smart ones and I still ate them. I ate it and then felt awful later. WHY was I sabotaging myself? Why couldn't I do better? Blah, Blah, Blah...you know why? I was hungry, it was there and I am HUMAN. I fell off the wagon, but I am climbing back on.

I too am a bulk eater. I never had a name for it, but that is EXACTLY what I am. Knowing I am not alone made me feel better and it should make you feel better too. There are plenty of us out there! Come in here, get a hug, spill your guts and then try again!!! That is all any of us can do.

NEVER underestimate how awesome that 50 pound weight loss is. NEVER. It shows you CAN do it. You WILL do it!

irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #9  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Dont you hate when you get that feeling? Like even though you've been doing extremely well, you fear you will go back to all your old habits? I hate this. Just tell yourself you can do this. Even if it means being off plan, and then going right back on plan. MAKE yourself go exercise, and maybe write down your food, so you can actually look at what you have been eating daily until you get back to where you feel ok again.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #10  

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodeogirl View Post
It's the beginning of the middle!
That's funny and TRUE!

I've been doing this for about 2 months, and let me tell you 50 lbs is awesome. You say you're afraid it's the beginning of the end-- like someone is going to take it away from you, like you are not the one in charge. You KNOW what to do, and you WILL do it. You've already worked incredibly hard, and you are almost to onederland. You'll make it, sometimes the food is a lot harder to manage than other times. Now may be one of those times. Hang in there!
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks all of you...yesterday I forced myself to think about what I've been doing and go back to some of my good habits...writing this post made me think about how I have fallen away, chiefly from my healthy breakfast of Greek yogurt.

Magically, I was full and satisfied all day, cravings very reduced. (Gee, doing the right thing, breakfast, works.) Even more magically today the scale registered my 2008 low weight...doesn't count yet (I'm a Monday weigher) but gives me hope that this Monday will be a better day.

I'm hanging in...by my fingernails sometimes. Posting helped. You all helped. Thank you! (And I did have a "ginormous" salad yesterday...Caesar with grilled calamari. Very yummy! Tonight I'm making kasha...a very filling comfort food, and a very healthy carb, so I'm taking the advice to heart.)
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Hang in there Pandora! It's just a rough spot, you'll get through it! I like the suggestion some of the ladies made about getting more bulk to fill you up. Sometimes when I'm really hungry I'll cook up a big bowl of veggies. I like yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes with italian seasonings. I've also cooked up a bag of frozen broccoli in the microwave and eaten the whole thing. Don't panic, we've all been there. Use the fear to get you back on track.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #13  
started 1/28/08

Glad to hear you're back on track!
Merksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Never think it's the beginning of the end just move forward. You messed up, oh well move on and forward. YOu can do this!

Whoops! I didn't read through the thread. Glad to hear you are track again. Good luck!

Last edited by SnowboundChick; 02-12-2009 at 02:18 PM.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #15  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I was about to add Greek Yogurt for satiation but you beat me to the punch. I do find it does wonders to control the hungries.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote