Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default BFL -- Week 3

Ready to roll thru 1/4 of the whole program? It's Week 3!!

I'm up anyway with my ice skated-sore legs -- ugh! Might as well start the Week 3 Thread!

TMI: Totally sick from free-day too. I didn't even go overboard - had like 3 reese cups and a few choco covered nut clusters. My body can't handle this stuff anymore! I think I will stick to a good solid meal from now on!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #2  
No description available.

Good luck with the test, Lydia! I know I consider you a weightlifting guru already.

My free days evolved from junky stuff to just more healthy stuff (most of the time). I think that these 12 weeks will be full of lessons for all of us. Some of these lessons I have to relearn frequently.

Well, the cold that has been hassling everyone else has landed on me like a ton of bricks. And all I can think of is---I have to feel up to lifting weights tonight!!

My temptations this week include DD's birthday. Obtaining cupcakes and a cake (at this point I'll hit a bakery!), resisting other stuff at the bakery, and making good choices out at dinner tomorrow night....where there are few good choices to be had.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #3  

Morning everyone.

So Lydia posted:
"....On that day, it {the food} just didn't rate real high on my pleasuremeter, Everyone else in the room was enjoying the experience but me ~sigh~ not quite as much. "

So what takes the place? What gives you pleasure now instead of food? A good general discussion for everyone........

I'm wondering if it will be exercise instead? Maybe it turns into shopping for new clothes, or new exercise clothes, or becoming a pro on finding the best web price for your fav running shoe? Something has to replace the high that you used to get food, otherwise life becomes a slow dull yawn. Actually, I know it does become remarkably 'boring' and predictable, but that's a result of meal planning and not eating on the fly anymore. I've seen that happen already. I mean, when you get excited about grocery shopping and trying to find your yogurt in the economy size containers..., yeah, you need a new source of pleasure!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #4  

Hmm....some food still gives me pleasure...red chile, roasted butternut squash, greek yogurt.....

Other things that give me pleasure---running fast and feeling great! Moving to a higher weight in the gym. Moving to a lower weight on the scale. Watching DD lift weights. (she rocks!)
Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #5  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

What takes the place? This week it was finding out that I can fit comfortably into a size medium in workout pants. I started in a 2x, and haven't seen medium pants or shorts in at least 14 years. I actually got to shop at the low end of the rack for pants. I'd say that's better than pizza any day!

Lydia, good luck with your test! I'm sure you'll ace it. I bet you'll be a great PT!

I'm OP for this challenge. I've been mostly following the Crossfit dotcom workout schedule this past week, and filling in with weight lifting and running. I tried following the crossfit workouts plus my usual upper/lower split schedule, but there was too much overlap. It's easier to follow the CF workouts, and just fill in with whatever supplemental lifting and cardio doesn't result in overtraining. I'm having fun with my workouts, too. Motivation to work out was a problem when I started this challenge, so I'm happy to have come up with a balance of activities that leaves me looking forward to the next workout, and the next.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

The whole weekend for me was a "free" day

I did exercise a lot though but the scale did not move this morning, Tuesday is my actual weigh-in day but I doubt that I'll have lost any weight...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #7  

hi BFLL,

I had my free day on saturday, and was back on track yesterday. I did 25 mins treadmill and then i did a lot of house cleaning and laiundry, laundy and laundry.

Today: UBWO and also power class this evening. I weightd this morning but did not loose wieght. I guess this is because I still have enormous problems with the portion control. Just sticking to the 6 meals scenario and writing down my meals every morning is a huge thing for me.

I'm over to put my meals at the meals thread.

Lydia - Studiing for certification --You ROCK!

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #8  

Just got back from a major clean eating obstacle course.

First, the mall....with Cinnabon piping fresh aromas into the air.
Then a local chocolate shop to pick up Valentine's sweets for the kiddos (2 of them leave to go skiing Friday so I need to be prepared).
Then a local bakery to pickup 2 dozen cupcakes for DD's class tomorrow and order the birthday cake. So many interesting looking cookies, pastries, etc.

But it really did help that I'm not feeling well. I was like, meh, whatever. Mostly! But I'm still proud that I came home to have spinach, beans, and turkey.

It's a new day and a new week, Ilene. Back on plan!

ETA: OMG! I almost forgot!! When I was at the mall I tried on some size 6 Levis and they fit! woohoo! I didn't buy them cause I am trying to be Financially Responsible. It was cool though!

Last edited by midwife; 02-09-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #9  
Working My Way Back Down

Just having them fit is enough, eh? Congrats!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #10  

Thanks, Pat. 'Twas a thrill to pull them up and button them! I'll go back and get them someday....
Old 02-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #11  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Midwife, just wait a couple weeks, and go back for the 4s.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #12  

Hi everyone, I bumped up my HIIT cardio today to include 2 running segments, so now 50% of my HIIT workout (excl my warmup and cooldown). I did ok at running at the final peak at 4.8, so that was pretty exciting!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Just got back from a major clean eating obstacle course.

First, the mall....with Cinnabon piping fresh aromas into the air.
Then a local chocolate shop to pick up Valentine's sweets for the kiddos (2 of them leave to go skiing Friday so I need to be prepared).
Then a local bakery to pickup 2 dozen cupcakes for DD's class tomorrow and order the birthday cake. So many interesting looking cookies, pastries, etc.

But it really did help that I'm not feeling well. I was like, meh, whatever. Mostly! But I'm still proud that I came home to have spinach, beans, and turkey.

It's a new day and a new week, Ilene. Back on plan!

ETA: OMG! I almost forgot!! When I was at the mall I tried on some size 6 Levis and they fit! woohoo! I didn't buy them cause I am trying to be Financially Responsible. It was cool though!
I had written a response to this the other day, got lost in the shuffle I guess ... I had said that for you for not succumbing to the cinnabon,
midwife .... The pant-o-meter is the best, I often, when broke , just go in to Winners and try clothes on, pretty cheap and uplifting, if you take a smaller size...

Last night, had wine, I just gotta stop the insanity .... food was good though but I'm not losing any weight because of a couple of indiscretions...

Have a good day everyone, let's be careful out there
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #14  

Oh no! Are we in the Week 3 blah-zone??? WAKE UP EVERYONE! Stick with the plan! If you haven't, then pile on some extra cardio to make up for all those empty wine bottles and food wrappers! Been so slammed at work that this is the first time I've been able to get on here.

Last edited by sportmom; 02-11-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #15  

Hi Fran,
No 3 week blah here! I'm still on and posting my day to day stuff at the meals thread.
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote