Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something chat Monday Feb 10th

Morning losers (to quote poppy). Hope everyone is well. I am so sore from my yoga class last night...but its a good sore. Off to work in a few...but I'm going to try to bring close to go to another yoga class tomorrow. Hope everyone is well and stays motivated. I made myself a promise..i'm trying to give up soda (its hard for me). So i decided you can do anything for 2 wk. If i don't have one soda for 2 wks..i'm going to reward myself with a trip to the store for a new shirt. I really need clothes but want to loose some more weight...so we'll see how i do. I'm also forcing myself to floss my teeth too as part of the pack..i know its not really a diet thing...but i need to floss for the health of my teeth and i'm horrible about it..i brush and rinse but don't floss. So we'll see how it goes...

alright hope everyone is well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #2  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well folks, I'm a bit disappointed. Lemme tell ya about my day yesterday. I began with a workout (1 mile on treadmill, 4 miles on stationary bike, 100--yes, that's one hundred--crunches on the crunch machine, then a couple more light weights), came home and straightened up around the house (did little sitting around), fixed supper, stayed within my points for the day, went to the grocery store (WalMart, so there was a TON of walking involved as I kept forgetting stuff on the other side of the store), came home and put everything up then off to bed with hubby....AND I gave him a "sleep aid." I am completely exhausted today...and am UP .4 lbs. Yes, I know I shouldn't have weighed today but I just KNEW I'd be down atleast a fraction. DH told me last night (post-sleep aid) that he could definitly tell I was losing, but he's losing as well, so what if it was just his loss that he was able to tell about....ya know?? UGH....I'm not gonna let this get me. I've hit a plateau so early on, which I never suspected....I've been stuck here for well over a week...and I know, you're saying, "wow, a whole week...poor baby!" But I've been really really trying!!

Encourage me, everyone....I wanna be a loser toooooooo!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

This week is going well. It’s much better than last week where I thought I was starving all the time, but that was hormonal. I’ve been logging points like I should be. Yesterday I burned more flex points than I would have like.

Work is going well. We had some technical issues yesterday, but today is okay. I’ve been doing my blogging.

Not much else to report. Have a great day.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

gainin-I'm kinda there with ya. I was able to lose 6 pounds right off and now I am just sitting dancing around a few pounds up and down.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #5  
GSD Mom

S/C/G: 205/201/145

GainingWeightinLA,

It sounds like you had a heck of day. I know that hitting a plateau, bites the big biscuit! D-BF has lost about 25 lbs and I have only lost a mere 8, so I can definitely relate to the frustration. My dog has been begging to go for walkies, but my shoulder is still not strong enough to handle him yet. I feel bad for the fur-kid, so I made myself a promise whether my shoulder is healed enough or not. Once the snow and ice has melted away, I will take him out for a daily walkies.

To go back to what I was saying, I have to shake up my system by rotating my carb intake every week, so it breaks up same routine. Maybe, you need to shake up your system with a week of higher or lower point count for your particular diet. Don't let it get you down, just keep on trucking and you will get there.
LadybirdnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Afternoon All

I, too, have had a rough weekend. It must have been the moon. I don't denie myself of anything because I feel that I binge alot more after I put something on the naughty list.I just try to take it day by day. It's a struggle but it's the outcome that pays off in the end. Keep up the good work.
Suzy
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #7  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Well, I've been at 215 for 6 weeks. So I'm joining a gym with my boyfriend & daughter (for moral support) and I'm gonna change up what I eat and when.
I've been eating a muffin for breakfast (1 Light Whole Wheat English Muffin w/ 1.5 egg white, 1 slice 2% cheese slice, 1 slice Jennie-O bacon & sliced mushrooms = 187 cal) and a coffee (fat-free half & half w/ equal) and I think I need to start adding in a fruit. Instead of eating my pasta/break with dinner I am going to incorporate it in with my lunch (1c cooked Ronzoni pasta, 4 oz chicken, 1c carrots, 1 c zuccini & 1 tsp EVOO) and have 4 oz Chicken or Fish with 1 c broccoli & maybe another veggie. I need to make my daily calorie goal = 1500. I will start doing 45 min cardio/day 5X/wk. Hopefully this will kick start my weight loss & I can get back to a "normal" weight/size soon. My goal is to lose 65lbs by the end of the year (worst case senerio).
1st Mini goal = lose 20 lbs by March 15th.
2nd Mini goal = lose another 15 by May 6th
3rd Mini goal = lose another 10 by July 4th.
4th Mini goal = lose another 10 by August 10th
5th Mini goal = lose the final 5 by September 1st.
6th goal = keep the weight OFF through the end of the year!!!!

Just one step at a time!!!
4th
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #8  
Diana

Wow, Samantha...you have your work cut out for you! My goal is 45 lbs this whole year! Maybe I'm an underachiever. I figure 1 lb per week...yeah, that's 52 lbs in a year, but like last week, I didn't lose squat! I know there'll be weeks like that, so I set my goal at 45 lbs. I figure that's a definitely attainable goal (1 lb per week), so I know I can make it....or I thought so anyway. Ain't lookin' too promisin' this week.

Great idea about mixing things up a bit, Ladybird. I'll have to think about how I can do that (I'm a planner before I go into action.) But I think that may very well be a key to coming out of my plateau. I know I eat a lot of carbs (I'm mostly doing low fat)...although I try to do high fiber stuff. It's less weight watcher points. I don't know....I'm definitely going to look in to it.

I skipped working out today....I'm gonna shoot for M-W-F, although Fridays are hard for me...it's after 5:30 by the time I pick DD up from sitter after work, then home to cook supper and I usually end up exhausted, so I may have to change to M-W-Saturday. My goal right now is 45 minutes-1 hour, 3x/week. Although, I've been almost a total couch potato today...I know I can't do that!

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement....keep it coming!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #9  
GSD Mom

S/C/G: 205/201/145

GainingWeightinLA,

I find that eating a diet that is low-fat cause me to have many issues with slow weight loss. Everyone's body chemistry is different and for me eating more carbs and low-fat does not work well. I find that if I stick to eating a lower carb diet with moderate fat intake works much better for me.

I eat a combination of fruits/veggies/dairy and grains daily. Depending on what week my rotation schedule is in, I can have no-sugar added ice cream and low carb Italian pasta dishes as well. I had to find a solution that worked for me but it was much easier once the doc and I found a plan we can both work with. Once I reach my goal weight, I will be able to consume no more than 100 carbs daily.

You might just benefit from the shake up in your daily routine. You might consider the benefits from eating a reduced carb diet, if you find that your weight loss is to slow for you. You don't have to reduce your carbs to the extreme that they recommend.

My doctor had me reduce my carbs to 150 for two weeks, then down to 100 for two weeks to slowly ween me off the sugar. Then she developed a plan that worked for me which was 35/55/75 rotation.

First week at 35 carbs
Second week at 55 carbs
Third week at 75 carbs
Fourth week start over at 35 carbs and continue on until I get to my desired weight and then maintain at 100 carbs a week. That formula was based on trail and error for a few months. So, keep up your hard work and you will get to the Onederland, I promise..
LadybirdnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #10  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Hey ladies!!
Well I have been a busy bee today. I have cleaned my whole living room and kitchen today. I still had my decorations up cause of my broken wrist I couldn't get the boxes out etc...don't ask about DH cause that was a lost cause..lol, so it is officially gone now!!! I guess days off now are back to normal....lol. Cleaning, laundry, groceries...etc. Not really days off I guess.
I really would like to get down 20lbs by the end of April. My step daughter is getting married on May 1st and I want to look better than her mother...lol. Can you tell there is no love there????
Well I had better get back to doing the last few things and prepare dinner.
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #11  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, I do tend to set high expectations for myself. Right now I am very goal driven. The last time my boyfriend & I went to Florida I felt like a cow compared to most of the women at the party we went to. I felt like some of them looked down upon me due to my weight. However, I didn't let it stop me from having a fabulous time. We were in this mansion of a house that was right on the water and there was fabulous food and I made darn sure I enjoyed myself. Anywho...I want to be under 200 when we go back. I would LOVE to be under 195 (how much I weighed when I met my wonderful boyfriend almost a year ago) but I don't want to set my expectation too high.

This is me at 195...not too bad huh!

This is us at the party in June.

You can see the weight gain in my face!

Oh & this is us now.

Last edited by SamanthaJubilee; 02-10-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: insert pic
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey all... been sooooo busy the last few days. Mom is finally feeling better but her stint in the ER last week was scary. Work isn't busy and the days are d-r-ag-g-i-n-g... LOL

Sounds like normal around here. I cannot WAIT for the weather to break so I can start taking my walks again. My weight isn't moving but that's OK for now. I'm just maintaining for now till I can get out of the houe again. Tomorrow is supposed to be almost 70 degrees!!!!!! Maybe I can get a walk in tomorrow night... I know my doggy would be happy!! LOL

Have a good night all!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..work was slow...but that's life.

diana-stop weighing yourself daily girl. Yes you did a ton..but sometimes it doesn't come off overnight. Try to just weigh once a week and you won't see these issues. You really aren't at a plateau since you've been steadily loosing. A plateau is usually 3-4 wk or more w/o loss. Just relax some. Weigh once a week and it will be easier on you psychie (sp?). You definately can change up exercise routine and do different stuff and mixing up the diet...but hang in there..take your time and relax some.

hey to everyone else...we can all get motivated to get into this together. Night all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #14  
Diana

Samantha, WOW you're beautiful....then and now!

Thanks for all the encouraging words....it's helping....a LOT! I am going to just be patient with myself and try to do things differently. I'd really like to do my big meal at lunch and eat really light for supper....that's sooo hard to do when the rest of the fam. is sitting down to a big meal for supper....that's our meal together. Guess that's the real toughy for me now...kinda my final big hump to cross over. If I could get past it, I think the weight would come off quickly....as quickly as I'm hoping for anyway.

Okay, I'm done rambling now...you guys are

Goin to put my little darlins' in bed!

PS Gatorgal, next time I weigh myself on a day besides a Monday, tell me !! (And remind me that I told you to!)

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 02-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #15  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hello! Just popping in real quick before bed. I did my BL cardio workout before work today and after a long day, I'm tired! I'll try to pop in tomorrow before work, otherwise, I'll see you all Wednesday night!

Gator - I know you can do it! I quit soda and I haven't had any now in like 3 months! It's one of the best things you can give up for your body!

Gaining - You are kicking butt on your workouts girl! Good for you. Can I ask how many calories you are taking in on a daily basis? Also, if somehow you workout for more than 2 hours in a day, it doesn't do you any good. Don't fret too much about the plateau, I bet we could help you figure out what is going on. And, I know its not fun, but being on a plateau for a week or so isn't the worst thing in the world. I'm asking about your calories because the reason could be in there with your food intake.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote