Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Default I think I have a problem

Hey. I just came to the realization today after a major binge that this isn't normal. I don't even know why it happened, I just couldn't stop eating, and I was already stuffed, and now I feel horrible. This has been going on for years since I was a kid but now its making me feel sick! I'm on ww and I end up eating OP for 3-5 days and then binge and then eat well for another 3-5 days and again it happens.
Is there any way to get over it? It just feels so out of my control.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Welcome aneleh: I hope our forum can help you. Read some old threads. They can help a lot. Most of us still struggle. For myself, since joining at the end of October, I have only had 4 binges, and they were much smaller and less damaging than previous. I have found the support very helpful. Hope you will too. Good luck managing.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneleh View Post
Hey. I just came to the realization today after a major binge that this isn't normal. I don't even know why it happened, I just couldn't stop eating, and I was already stuffed, and now I feel horrible. This has been going on for years since I was a kid but now its making me feel sick! I'm on ww and I end up eating OP for 3-5 days and then binge and then eat well for another 3-5 days and again it happens.
Is there any way to get over it? It just feels so out of my control.
i do the exact same thing. i'm pretty good m-f and then once the weekend rolls around, i start going off plan. and then sundays are traditionally when the wheels come flying off the wagon. i will say, at least for yesterday, that the binging was primarily on vegetable-type things with some cheese and crackers thrown in, which is a slight improvement, but i was definitely just eating well past the point of being full. and still felt a compulsion to go back for more.
in my worst binge periods i would order and eat an entire pizza on a sunday. and then maybe a general tso's chicken to cap it all off.
last night my roommate tried very hard to convince me to order a pizza with him (he's really proving to be a problem on this front), and the only reason i was able to resist is because i had already been binging all day and knew i would eat the entire pizza if it came.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #4  
Chubby in N. FL

S/C/G: 228/213/200

I've been binging for 3 weeks! I feel your pain. I eat everything in sight then I feel like crap and sleep the rest of the day. It's the little milestones that I am learning to recognize...like eating my vegeables!

We can't beat ourselves up for the mistakes, but reward our itty bitty achievments. Before I got off track...I would treat myself when I lost 10 lbs...buy a new workout DVD or a new blouse. Make it fun for yourself!
Chubby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #5  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws19 View Post
i do the exact same thing. i'm pretty good m-f and then once the weekend rolls around, i start going off plan. and then sundays are traditionally when the wheels come flying off the wagon. i will say, at least for yesterday, that the binging was primarily on vegetable-type things with some cheese and crackers thrown in, which is a slight improvement, but i was definitely just eating well past the point of being full. and still felt a compulsion to go back for more.
in my worst binge periods i would order and eat an entire pizza on a sunday. and then maybe a general tso's chicken to cap it all off.
last night my roommate tried very hard to convince me to order a pizza with him (he's really proving to be a problem on this front), and the only reason i was able to resist is because i had already been binging all day and knew i would eat the entire pizza if it came.
wow...that's me! I'm good M-F then the weekends get here and I screw up! I'm glad that I'm not alone, but how do we break the cycle?
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

I don't know how we break the cycle - Sundays are my day too - And drinking alcohol is a big trigger for me but it's hard not to drink in social situations - I eat for comfort and in response to pain, and it's somehow learning to manage the discomfort and pain without eating, cause the food sure doesn't make it go away.

Haven't been on here in a year so ignore my numbers.

Last edited by SarahinBalance; 02-11-2009 at 06:39 PM.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

ok this whole week has been horrid. monday i was easily swayed by roommate to order pizza after i got back from the gym. i had friends come into town tues night who insisted on eating pasta/italian for dinner. and then last night i was FAMISHED when i got home from work, didn't go to the gym as planned, ate a bunch of roasted cauliflower and a steamed artichoke with an olive-oil-based dip i made, and then lean cuisine chicken parm. which was a lot of food and probably over points but not absurd. but THEN i went to my best friend's house to keep him company because his dog had been put to sleep yesterday morning. ended up eating this little spinach feta pastry triangles (about 200 extra calories) and then my other friend convinced me (again it doesn't take much convincing since i have NO willpower once the suggestion has been made) to have a huge mugful of ben and jerry's ginger ice cream.
UGH.
so today is a new day. but i just can't believe it's been like this. had a longstanding steak dinner planned for tomorrow night as a reward, but now i will feel really guilty when i'm eating it. oh well. at least i'm doing the 5K thing tomorrow too.
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

I had a few friends over the other night and one of them was staying over. After the others left, she suggested we go to kwik star and buy some popcorn and m&ms. We also got cookie, beef sticks and she got peach o's for herself (too sweet for me.) This was at like 1 in the morning too. Anyway, we didn't eat all of it, but a lot of it. I haven't done that in a long time and I felt gross for a couple days. I am beginning to think my friend has a binging problem too.
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #9  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I have that problem too- I do good a few days then lousy one day, then good a few days then lousy another.

What I'm doing is trying to eat more overall on the other days- I'm trying to hit 1500 calories a day and eating more nutrient rich foods and so on. It's definitely been helping because yesterday my "binge" was a hot pocket panini and a snack size bag of chips- probably all in all totaling just over 300 calories extra and at the same time I still only ate 1800 calories on a "bad" day

I think with time we learn more and more how to change to where we don't go insane and slip up too bad lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #10  

Today did me in. Husband came home from 4 day trip and he lives to binge OR he's an emotional eater or both...and I'm right next to him...

I had SpecialK-Banana-1/2 cup of coffee for breakfast.

LUNCH..well. Lunch was Chinese (Chicken w/Broccoli/Rice Combo/Egg Roll) and a HALF PINT of BUTTERPECAN ICE CREAM...I feel sick...I won't eat supper tonight..

ASoutherner~
ASoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 168/164/112

Height: 5ft2''

I've been Bulimic since I was 14 and at 37 now nothing much has changed, (except 4 stones in weight gain) I have had the binging under control for a few years now but still can't shift the pork, this is depressing so I eat more. Last night I started binging again and went through 19 bags of cheesy wotsits, a bag of choozers, chewy sweet mints and a large galaxy bar! I feel so ill and ashamed today but know that I will probably do the same tonight as I don't bother through the day. I do a lot of walking which is probably the only reason I haven't gone over my current 12 stone weight. I can't think of anything I haven't tried to shift my bulk, (I'm 5ft2 by the way) except a bypass...Which I'm not big enough for! The binging is really getting me down now. Do you think that as long as we're overweight, even if it's not morbidly obese that we should have the option of a bypass or gastric band? I do, as it's not as if I won't be paying for it!
dusk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #12  

I am sorry.I no how you feel.It is so frustrating to be out of control.I am a nurse so I know that surgery is not the answer.I see so many patients that have had the surgery, which certainly does not cure the eating disorder.I wish I had some good advice for you, but I dont.I struggle so much also.I know exactly what do do and eat to achieve my goal but am failing misreably.Stay positive.Dont beat yourself up.For us, food is a way of coping.Others cope with drugs, alcohol.........You are not alone.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #13  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I have a very erratic schedule, so going off kilter on weekends is not my problem. BUT, when I haven't had much sleep, I often have a mini-binge on something hi-carb, so I sleep better, or can get to sleep. I am concerned about starting back to work next week. It will be busy for the next month and I don't want to get over-tired and feel the bad urges again. They have been under-control for the most part since it hasn't been to busy, but that time is over.
*sigh*
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

I think finding out WHY we do theese things are jsut as important as doing them. You are amongst good company so please do not be so hard on yorself. Main reasons is you are board or frustrated. Keeping only healthy things in your home helps this way when you do go of course it is not as bad. I keep NO junk in the house if I want it I have to go get it. Keeping a diary helps not only for food but for emotions as well this way you can identify your triggers and work around them. I hope this helps don't beat up yourself. Pretend your weight loss journey is a story, if you make a mistake just go to the next page and start over again. Good Luck
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote