Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1197

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning ladies:

Heatherdw: Welcome back lady! yes has been a while. But we all take a break now and then and come back. I would have to agree with Annie on the way ya say your words. I can tell you this from experience. In December of last year, I had hit Depression so hard. Everything I said out of my mouth was negative. To the point I could not stand myself! Or other people around me. I decided no matter what happens I will find something positive. When my cars pulley broke that costed almost $200 to fix, I found something positive in that..atleast it didn't break down on the freeway, it waited til I got home in my driveway. I promise you, if you start talking positive..things will get better. I have seen it!!! It is hard soo hard, but just try it for a while. When you change your thinking and what you say, everything changes. You can do this!!!

Debbie54: Did you get rid of your jewerly site???

I am getting of work early tonight because we are having out annual awards ceromony with Sp for our team. Being that I am new, I might not get any awards but heck I am not missing a celebration! It is semi-formal..lol. No I am not getting into a dress but dressing up a bit. We also get to take our partners/hubbies.

Toodles ladies, drink an extra glass of water for me.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 316.5/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Not much going on here today but schooling. And boys are fighting like crazy already this morning.Oh oh oh got some great news for years I put myself first even after our first child was born. I was in High School I dropped out to care for her forget me. Well I'm almost done my High School diploma. Me and my husband we're talking last night and he said we putting all the kids in school next year. And I'm gonna take the SAT or Act test and then apply for college. And go for my nursing degree. I've wanted to for many years but I always put the kids first. He said no more I'm gonna do something for me for a change. I'm excitied and know I need to do this. As he is 18 years older then me and if anything happened I want to be able to take care of me and the kids on my own. Still got to work out sometime today. Not sure what else to write.SO will close for now.

Lorrie~ Thanks that is what I'm gonna do gonna prove them wrong and lose the weight.

Annie~ Thanks I knew you ladies would understand here. I LOVE THIS Group

Last edited by keeperofthehome4; 02-09-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #4  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies. :]

Just a quick post to let you all know that I was very happy with the hard work I have been doing to lose weight. I weighed in today and I have lost 2 lbs which was a big surprise because I had a couple slices of pizza from Domino's at the weekend so I was expecting to retain water and it's also TOM so I was expecting at least a gain of 2 lbs.

So far, I have lost 17 lbs (1st 3 lbs) and I'm only 3 lbs away from my second goal which is to lose 10 lbs!

I want to thank all you lovely ladies for the support given and for keeping me strong on this weight loss journey. I also would like to thank my mam for keeping me grounded! :]

I have some housework to do and I need to rustle up some lunch so I will be back later to reply to personals.

Have a great Monday, all.
Beth

xx

Last edited by Baz xo; 02-09-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:17 AM   #5  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Ladies

What is your goal today?

What choices can you make to make your goal move into the success status?

How are you going to celebrate your success?

Lets go Chickies Lets Go
Old 02-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #6  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

My GOAL today is to stick to my meal plan.
I will choose to read the menu instead of ignoring it.
To reward my self this evening I am going to give myself a pedicure!~
Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

My goal for today is to not take a bite of extra food. That means no baked chips at snack time..not even 1. I am finding snacktime for the kids my downfall. I will have an orange when they have snacks. I also plan to do the one mile dvd today with the kids.
I am treating myself to a haircut and wax this afternoon.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

hey guys! Thanks for all the support!

I usually like to weigh in daily to see the numbers. I hadn't been weighing in for like a week because I was "eating badly". I Finally weighed this morning and I was down 1.2 pounds woo! Per Julia's post, my goal today is to STOP with the mindless eating whenever I get up and walk by the kitchen. Instead, I've got my pack of SugarFree gum and my water. Even though I wasn't eating the best the last month or so, I usually got my water in. I know I've seen news stories saying that drinking all that water is not needed but I know that's not true. Whenever I don't drink the water, my weight goes up a bit.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, I’m down 2.2 lbs this week. I was hoping for a higher loss, as a couple of days ago, it showed me as a lower number. I’m still feeling ill, and am quite ‘stopped up’, if you get my drift, so I’m hoping it’s due to that. But a loss is a loss, and that 2.2 brought me out of the 350’s! That means I’ve finally lost all the extra weight that I gained when I lost and gained back a year or so ago. I started this at 350 lbs back in 2005. I lost, and gained, and went up to 380, so this is kind of a milestone for me. AND, that brings me to 30 lbs lost, so I’m happy.

Ally – That’s great! Congratulations for going back, and for almost finishing! That’s very exciting.

Beth – That’s GREAT! Keep up the amazing work.

Julia
– Hmmm…I think my goal for today is pretty much the same as every other day. Just stay on plan, and get exercise in.

Heather
- Welcome back, and congrats on your loss!

Last edited by kayleystar; 02-09-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Default blc

Results are in!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #11  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Happy Monday everyone! My goal today is to ride my elliptical bike again. I rode it last night for about 22 minutes and I feel much better today--so I want to try to do that again.

I have been a little down lately because my weight loss has been stalled for several weeks, and I'm so close to making my 100# in 6 months goal. But, this weekend I figured out the cause of the stall--one of my daily vitamins had hidden carbs in it--so I am hoping the scale will start moving again in a couple of days.

If I make that goal, great. If not, that's fine--90-some-odd pounds lost in six months is pretty cool too.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Well I’m back, and hopefully this time I will stay on track. Since I came back earlier this year having gained all bar 21 lbs back of the weight I had lost, those figures have changed to all bar 14 lbs of the weight I lost. So instead of doing any losing, I actually gained 7 more lbs. I’m kind of glad I did because I refuse to gain back ALL of the weight I had lost. Soooo, it’s been a huge kick in the butt, the huge kick I’ve needed. Today I have stuck well within my points range and shock horror, I actually did half an hour of exercising!!!! I bought My Health Coach for the Wii, and used it for the first time today. It is amazing. It was hard work because I haven’t exercised for so long, but I am determined to keep at it. So if I can actually move without pain tomorrow lol I’ll exercise again. It feels good to actually feel in the right frame of mind, I just hope it lasts more than one day. It helps that my daughter, Beth, is doing so fabulously. If she can do it, I don’t want to let her down by not losing weight myself. She’s hoping that when we both get to our goal we can go clothes shopping together and have the fun of swapping clothes because we should be the same size. Sounds fun and is a good incentive.

OK well I just wanted to say I’m back, AGAIN, and I will definitely be posting regularly now.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #13  
Beth :]

S/C/G: 238/219/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies. :]

Urgh, I'm not feeling too good so I think I've got a cold coming on. Joy!

Kayley
Thank you! :]
Well done on losing 2.2 lbs. Keep up the good work! I hope you are feeling much better now.

Mam
I'm happy to see you posting! I hope it wasn't because of my nagging.
You better hurry up with losing weight so I can steal your clothes, hehe. :]

Beth

xx
Old 02-09-2009, 07:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Cyn, yeah I did. It just wasn't going anywhere and I couldn't dedicate the time I needed to, to it plus my clay. My clay is doing pretty good, so need to put more time into it, so away went the jewelry. I still have the earrings and I can send you pics if you want, just let me know.
Have fun at the awards dinner and I hope you get lots of awards for being the newbie!!

Ally, that's great news that hubby sees that you need to put yourself first to make a better, happier you!!! I'm so excited for you to get your nursing degree!!

Beth, you've done so well!! That's great that you've lost 17lbs already. Keep up the good work!

Hi Heather dw, good to see you again. I read your other post, and I gotta say, that's exactly how I'm feeling right now. I hope to get motivated again, but I sure don't know what it's going to take. I'm glad you've got your's kicked into gear and going forward with your weight loss.

DCHound, omg!!! 90 lbs in 6 months is awesome!!!

Ammi, good to see you back too!!

I don't have much to add. Just wanted to stop in and see how it's going for the rest of the chickies. I won't give up on coming here and reading. Hopefully someday it will kick in and get me motivated enough to not be left behind while all you girls get thinnner.
toodles
Old 02-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I've been having a really hard time getting in my points/calories these days. I've eaten lunch today, but I'm just not hungry anymore, and I hate the idea of making myself eat, but I do, because I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. I'm supposed to have 43 points a day, and I'm lucky if I get in 20 of those, anymore. Anyone else have that problem?

Ammi – I am SO happy to see you back!!!! Good for you for getting back on track. You can do it!

Beth – I’m feeling much better, thanks. I sent my cold over to you, apparently. Feel better!!!

Debbie – It’s good to see you posting. Hopefully, that motivation will come soon.
Closed Thread