Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/?/130

Height: 5'2

Question How many calories should I be eating?

I'm about 175lb and 5'2 and I'm 19 years old. I have been working out for about an houring a day doing 20 minutes on a stationary bike and about 30 on an elliptical and then 10 minutes of lifting. I think my eating is pretty good but I wanna know how many calories I should be taking in a day so that I can start to lose some weight. I dont think my body is responding to all the exercise I have been doing recently so I wanted to try and add on to it by counting calories too. If anyone could help me out that would be awesome!!!
hcred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #2  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

I would start at about 1500-1600 daily and go from there.
If you enter your info on thedailyplate.com it will give you a sugested range.
Our weights and height is similar ( I'm 5'2" and 165 lbs but I am also 32 years old) and when I plugged in my numbers I was told around 1550 a day..to lose 2lbs a week, and I am averaging 2.5 lost a week. So I think they are pretty much on the mark for me.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:59 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Have you checked the "Calorie Counters" forum FAQ thread?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120806
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #4  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Here is a good place to start: http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...tion_guide.htm

I started a few lbs. heavier than you with a workout schedule that consist of 60 minutes on the treadmill 6-7 days per week and bowflex M-W-F. I eat about 1500 calories per day and still continue to lose weight.

Using a calorie counting program and scales to weigh all my food has been one of the best things to keep me on budget.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
Here is a good place to start: [
I started a few lbs. heavier than you with a workout schedule that consist of 60 minutes on the treadmill 6-7 days per week and bowflex M-W-F. I eat about 1500 calories per day and still continue to lose weight.

Using a calorie counting program and scales to weigh all my food has been one of the best things to keep me on budget.
A wonderful guide. It starts with your input on your personal data and gives you every information on the calorie needs.
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote