Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #1  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

Default PCOS question

I went to my doc about my weight...said it seemed like it was not coming off...I had lost weight b4 (after pregnancy) and it wasn't as hard. got the usual unhelpful advice.
I went to my doc a while back complaining of hairs on my face....she was not helpful.

I went for pains in my side...got an ultrasound and found that I have cysts on my ovaries...

I haven't had a period in months and b4 that my period was almost incapacitating...she said it was early menopause.

Do I have pcos??? wouldn't she know that? I know you're not docs, just looking for opinions.
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #2  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

It honestly sounds like you need a new doctor brushing off of symptoms are a big no no with me. We can't diagnose that here, and you should be seeing an OBGYN for that kind of thing if your not already. It depends on how old you are etc other med history.

Last edited by Bee20nine; 02-07-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:43 AM   #3  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

One thing that I have noticed (at least in my area) is that there are some doctor's who are resistant to the PCOS diagnosis.

For me, my GP is an older doctor doesn't like to call it PCOS if you don't have insulin resistance (which I don't). So when he referred me to an endocrinologist when my thryoid was acting up, and the endo actually asked me if I thought I had PCOS in our consultation. We went through all the protocol, changed the type of birth control I was on, and I feel so much better now. We also still straightening out that pesky thyroid.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my GP. But sometimes you just need a referral to another doctor.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

i have PCOS and it sounds like you may .. you definitely have signs of it .. the black whiskery hairs .. missed periods .. another sign of it are those skin tags .. i would definitely find a new Dr if i were you .. you need to be tested and figure out whats wrong .. GL
haleysmommy5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #5  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

thanks...I DID have skin tags...my doc burned then off.
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

It sounds like you do need to see another doctor. Will you have any peace if you don't?
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

I have to agree with the others, seeing a new doc and getting a diagnosis. I also have PCOS and your symptoms sound just like mine. GL
3turkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 302.2/302.2/160

Height: 5'7"

My doctor is testing me for it right now and I have those same exact symptoms
Newlywed is offline   Reply With Quote