Old 02-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: Sat/Sun, 2/7-2/8

Good Afternoon All!

Good thing I popped in to say hi! Went to a WW meeting this AM, to see if I liked the leader. I do, so I will start going on Saturday AM's, at either 8 or 9:30. I didn't WI, because I already did on Tuesday, so next Saturday is my next WI. I haven't weighed on my home scale since WI either, hoping to stay off it and be surprised.

I've been soo good today, DH suggested Fuddy's for dinner, if I have the points for it. I checked for nutrition info online and found some, so i will have a turkey burger and fries and cheese sauce, and will be OK on points...with a couple to spare, actually!

I had an Arnold sandwich thin (1) w/3 sl. Oscar Mayer turkey (1), 2% cheese (1), and lite mayo (1) with baby carrots (.5) and grapes (1) for lunch. Yum! And soo much! I'm such a volume eater, so that was good.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #2  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone...sorry been MIA....a major phone line was cut so I've had no phone/internet for two days. Glad to be back on!

We splurged last night...had a fried catfish dinner for supper. It was oodles and oodles of points....but I'd been pretty good most of the week, so I think I deserved it. I've had 9 points today.

Lauren, I think I read another thread and you were asking for suggestions for when you get to supper and have few points....what I do is either send my family out to supper without me and I have a salad at home (gives me quiet time without having to cook and is good for my points) or I just suck it up and fix broccoli and a salad with whatever I fix for supper and that's all I eat for supper....a salad at home for me consists of lettuce, ff croutons, ff catalina salad dressing. I eat my broccoli steamed plain w/salt....I love it! Too, it's cheaper for my family to go out to supper without me...one less to have to pay for. Sounds kinda strange that I'd send my family out and not go, but it works for us....we only do that very occasionally, though. I'm looking forward to hearing about your loss at weigh in. I've vowed not to set foot on the scales again til Monday. I hope I make it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would certainly think that with 13 lbs gone, I could tell a difference in my clothes...but I can't yet. Kinda disappointing.

Well, my 3 yr old is needing a drink....guess I'll go. Have a GREAT weekend everyone! Hope everyone else is enjoying warmer temps like we are....expecting 70-75 degrees today!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 02-07-2009 at 02:38 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...enjoyed the beautiful weather today..it got in to the high 60's. Was a great day. Loving my 3 days off..now tomorrow dh and i are going either hiking or biking. Need to get in gear about my eating..ughh i really need motivation and need it now. Hope everyone is doing well.

Lauren-glad you found a good leader..i know weight watchers is a good thing.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #4  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Evening everyone!

I haven't posted in a long time, I wanted to check in and see how everyone is. I hope all are well. We are having a couple of nice weather days here also.

Lauren, Fudd's sounds good, you'll have to report on the turkey. Don't know if I could go there and not get a reg burger, they are sooo good!

We have been busy, trying to get the house together before the baby comes. I can't believe he will be here in May. All the kids are switching rooms and DD is going to have the den in the basement turn into her room.

Spencer is really excited, he has taken all the ultrasound pics to school to show to his classmates. McKayla is not as thrilled about another brother she said Spencer was enough, ha.

Hope everyone is doing good and I will check back in soon!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Today was a little stressful. My charger for the cell broke and so the cell is dead. So, I went to 3 different stores to find a new one and none of them carried it so I finally went to the dealer. It was packed in there and while I was waiting my one year started to throw the most massive tantrum ever. The young college workers did not appreciate the screaming so I had to leave without a charger. Anyway, the fit carried on for about 45 minutes straight. There was kicking, thrashing the head around and waving arms. It took me forever to get her in the car seat. This was her first real fit and it was shocking to see my sweet baby turn into a massive monster. I am seasoned in the fit area because my 5 year old used to throw one at least once a day at that age. WOW!!! I got in the car, tore into the Valentine candy and gobbled a bunch before I could think about it. The candy felt good.

Hope everyone else is having a relaxing day.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Good Evening Ladies.

Been doing pretty good eat-wise. Actually less then I should be, but, I've been busy so that'll have to do. TOM is on her way out, so am feeling back to normal. Yay! LOL!

riely--- oh those terrible in the middle of the store tantrums. Hate them. ... not necessarily the child having them, but the on=lookers staring at you like.. what gives mom, can't you quiet your kid? Sheesh, people, she is only a tot. Want to see me acting like that. LOL!
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/194/155

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies! Doing pretty good here, had a pretty busy weekend so far. Between the many, many piles of laundry, chess tournaments for the kids (total snore), grocery shopping, I think I've done pretty good. Decided on Monday to be the weigh-in day, so really watching what I eat so I can see a decrease on the scale.

Went out to eat with the family last night. Hubby and I split a salad and calzone, and I couldn't even eat half of my half of the calzone (yea me!). Of course, no dinner is complete without splitting a tiramisu, and of course my boys went wild over it, so I got a few bites. Overall, didn't do too bad. Didn't get an offcial exercise yesterday, but will try to get some yoga in before I go to bed today.

Tonight, I start back at work for a stretch for the next 5 days. I will be sooooo exhausted come Friday morning. We also have a full moon, and that brings all sorts of interesting characters to the ER in the middle of the night, which makes work that much more exhausting.

Anyway, I hope ya'll have a good rest of the weekend, especially with this beautiful weather. THis would be a good day for a nice bike ride!
anniedoll30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #8  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Hey ladies!

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I have been battling this cold now since Thursday and I think it is peaking so I feel terrible. No exercise in this weekend at all. I have no energy. I sit and read or sleep. Eating has been a menace also as I don't want to get up and make anything good, I want a quick fix. Not a good weekend at all.
I am back to work Monday for an 8hr day and then Thurs and Frid for 8hr nights. I have been off work for 7 weeks with a broken wrist so I am being gradually worked back into 12hr shifts. I hope the 8's go ok. My wrist is still really tight and I have some pain still. Cast has only been off for 10 days so I can't ask for much more than the mobility I have....lol. Us medical people are always looking for more!

I hope that everyone is having a good weekend.
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #9  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies!

Trying to work on getting my weekly food and workouts planned today. I did horrible last week with the workouts, so it is very important that I make a schedule for this week and stick to it. I am looking forward to having income soon (first paycheck is the 20th), so I'm going to join a gym next month for sure. I think I really need one to go to regularly now.

Hope you all are having a good and productive weekend!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Ranger - It's hard to balance work with working out; especially at first. You really have been doing so well.

I am going running this morning after my coffee hits the blood stream. I know I should be downing the water, but coffee feels so much better in the morning. I think I am taking my 5 year old to a movie with a friend this afternoon after I go into work today. Work on a Sunday?? I am really far behind though and need to catch up so I don't have a horrible week.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #11  
LBH

Mornin' All!

Started typing a post, got side-tracked and lost it. I'm such a spaz! I'll try and get back later!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

afternoon all...dh and i took the dog on a hike. We did over 6 miles...it was such a great day and very relaxing. Now the dog is totally worn out..and so am i LOL.

Ranger-good job on becoming organized..i really need to do that too. It really makes a hugh difference when you do that.

hey to everyone else.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #13  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey ladies....just got thru painting 2 doors and 6 sticks of trim. YIPPEE!! Been one of those days......all work and no play. Guess I'm pretty dull, huh?

I've had 15 points so far today and still have supper to go. I try to stay at 24 points. I'm also up a lb, but my official weigh in day is Monday, so I'm not changing ticker until then....hopefully I won't have to change it....not up anyway. Down would be awesome.....the one pound gain was dressed in heavier clothes than I wore when I got the 13 lb loss, too...so that may be part of it. I sure hope so. I don't think I've lost squat this week...I'd have to reread my posts to know for sure....

Anyway, hope you all have a GREAT end of your weekend. Hope everyone's a BIG OLE loser this coming week!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #14  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Yeah, I'm trying to be organized. Ha. It's definitely not easy since I'm pretty scattered normally. But, I think to fit in my workouts, I need to force myself to adhere to a schedule at least Monday through Friday.

Congrats on the hike Gator! That is great.

Gaining, I've never really painted a lot so good for you!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #15  
LBH

Hey All,

OK, went to mom's today and she made a recipe she found on the WW site. It's a pork roast recipe that is kind of "stuffed" with cranberries, onions, bread crumbs and spinach. Has an apple cider sauce. It was just a thin layer of stuffing. It was soo good though, turned out nice and juicy and tender. 7 points per serving. She also made mashies w/o butter, just a little skim milk, mixed veggies and sauteed spinach. Dessert was a boxed angel food cake that she added a little cocoa powder to, because she knows I prefer chocolate. Thanks mom!!

That was at 2:30-ish though, so when we got home, we were all starting to get hungry. I had a can of Progresso Turkey Noodle soup for 3 pts. Weird, because when I entered the points into eTools, it came up 3 pts. per serving, but when I did it on my slider, it was just barely 2 pts., and when I searched, and found it in eTools already, it was 2 pts.?? Anyway, I used the 2 pts. that was already in there...majority rules. Oh, and it came to 3 pts. for the can. I just don't get how they figure these things! So I have a few points left for today. I will probably have a sweet something.

'Night all!

Last edited by LBH; 02-08-2009 at 08:13 PM.