View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
Justwant2Bhealthy
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

You know, I was thinking about your post and realized a couple of things: firstly, you can still lose weight without being able to do lots of exercise by just eating healthier, it will just be a bit slower.

Secondly, you can do upper body aerobics while sitting in a chair; use your recumbent bike; do hand weights; and do leg and tummy exercises while laying in bed or on a couch. I do 30 minutes each morning of tummy tucks, crunches, leg lifts, and leg butterflies while laying on my bed. That way I don't have to put any weight on my bad knees. I also do hand weights and chair aerobics later in the day. If you combined all these over the day, you could reach up to 45-60 minutes a day quite easily.

I know what you mean about people not wanting to hear about our pain issues; I think that's because it's makes them feel uncomfortable and a bit helpless. That's why I like our thread and hanging around this forum so much because everyone here has some challenges and we all understand each other's pain.

Also, try not to be too hard on yourself; this isn't a sprint, it's more like a marathon, so you have lots of time. One thing that really helped me was when I realized that I don't have to think about tomorrow or down the road, but I only have to make it through the next second of the next minute, of the next hour of this day. I focus on one-day-at-a time; and it really does make a difference ...
ONE-STEP-AT-A-TIME PHIL 4:13 " I CAN "
YA GOTTA HAVE FAITH KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON
= 10 lbs ...
115 lbs + 16 Single Sizes Gone Forever! -- 100 lb tumor = ONEDERLAND!
Progress Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/look...ml#post4361876

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-07-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote