Old 02-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #1  
GSD Mom

S/C/G: 205/201/145

Height: 5' 4"

Smile Onederland Delight

Hurray for Me! My doc was impressed.. I lost 8 pounds, since I saw her last and I am down to 197. My blood pressure was 110/70, which was even better than she asked for. Her goal for me was to loose 5 lbs, but I lost 3 pounds more than she wanted..

I still have a long way to go, but a little encouragement goes a long way. That is what I find here as well from all of you. Thank you for all of your help. I still have a long journey ahead of me still, but with your help it will make it a little easier.
LadybirdnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #2  
A Healthier Me

WTG! Keep up the good work
coco_chanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #3  

Woo Hoo! I cannot wait to get there! I'm so close I can taste it and I haven't been in Onderland for more than a few weeks in the last decade! I'm so happy for you!

I'm happy about your blood pressure too. I've always had good blood pressure, even fat, but in the last year I've noticed it creep up. Mine is still higher than it should be but I'm hoping it's on the way back down with all the work I'm doing.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Congrats!!!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #5  
Diana

I'm feeling a little jealous! Good for you!! I'm really happy for you.....even as I'm jealous! You've worked hard and it's a WONDERFUL accomplishment...you should be very, VERY proud!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:26 PM   #6  
GSD Mom

S/C/G: 205/201/145

Thank you everyone. Everyone here is in a very special club, because we are all here to support each other. Bindersbee, you will get there, I have faith in you. My blood pressure was heading up too, but I started to take 3 multi-omega's daily. There is so much controversy over the real health benefits, but it has definitely helped relieve the stiffness in my shoulder and I suspect that it also helps with the blood pressure too.

I also eat tons of garlic, tomatoes and lots of other veggies; I can't get enough of them. I have been trying to avoid the process food traps and limit my intake of sugar-free items. Although they say sugar-free, it doesn't mean they are calorie free. I have to have two of my guilty pleasures on hand no sugar added ice-cream and low-carb pasta.

If I did not have my low-carb pasta, I would go berserk! I love to make lasagna, baked ziti, spaghetti and my personal favorite mac and cheese. I adapted my recipes to fit my diet and so far so good. If anyone want's to know my recipe for low-carb lasagna let me know. I would love to share!

GainingWeightinLA, you have come along way and you will get there, I have faith in you too. Everyone gets to the Onederland eventually, it's just staying there that is the hardest part! Everyone here is working very hard towards their goals and I am so proud of everyone. Thank you again for all the support. Hang in there baby, you have come along way!
LadybirdnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote