Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #1  

Default roll rash?

I have this little rash that I get in my little lower belly roll(which I HATE) and it burns so badly! Does anybody have advice on how to make it not hurt? I shower and clean everyday.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Cortisone cream may help.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Make sure you keep it not only clean, but very dry. When I get roll rash, I use Gold Bond powder. It stings like a murf, but it works. If it doesn't clear up after a few days, see a doctor. You might have a yeast infection.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #4  

good advice thats what i was going to say i use gold bond powder for everything lol.
raerae009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #5  
returning to myself

Height: 5'6"

Desitin!!

put some on at night and powder over it...GoldBond, or baby powder....

it's AMAZING!

Last edited by iminhere; 02-05-2009 at 08:42 PM.
iminhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #6  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Ditto the Gold Bond and if you have some miconazole cream (for treatment of athlete's feet or yeast infection) rub a little of that on. Also, you might think about...this is a totally fat girl thing..but it works! Take a long strip of toilet paper, fold it in half long ways, tuck it under your belly roll. Change it several times a day. The paper helps to aborb moisture/keeps the area dry. My chub roll gets rashy too from being moist from being a person that sweats, a-l-o-t! It's horrific in the summer...but even winter like now..if I sweat a lot, I get rashy.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Agree on the Gold Bond powder! I got that burning rash on my thighs one time. . . I was miserable! I picked up some gold bond and it helped instantly!
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I'm prone to fungal and bacterial infections because of an autoimmune disease, and my dermatologist recommended I use Head and Shoulders or any dandruff shampoo with pyrithione zinc as my only soap - face, body, and shampoo, and I could use zinc oxide cream for mild flares (I have a prescription steroid cream for severe flares). Zinc kills bacterial and fungal infections, and it's worked wonders. I hardly ever get the burning roll rash anymore at all (I do dry carefully, and I use zinc oxide on the susceptible spots).

Zinc oxide is usually thick and difficult to wash off your hands after applying, but Johnson's No More Rash Diaper Rash Cream with Zinc Oxide 3 in 1 formula is more like a regular lotion. If you've ever seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," where the bride's dad's cure-all is Windex - the Johnson's cream is my Windex. I've used it on pimples, windburn, rosacea, chaffing, dry or itchy skin, rashes.... It really heals skin problems up faster than anything else I've ever tried except the prescription steroid - but steroid creams, if used too often, damage the skin so it's really something I only want to use if absolutely necessary - and with the zinc cream I almost never need the prescription stuff.

Last edited by kaplods; 02-05-2009 at 09:11 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I like Soothing Care powder gel. Comes in a tube, can be found near other feminine products in most drugstores. It is not a steroid, it does not sting, and it really works well not only for rolls, but also for underarm chafing, bra line, etc. The same brand also comes as a powder, but I prefer the gel.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/275/140

Height: 5'4

if its yeast (which, more than likely is) you can kill it with a little Vicks Vapo rub. it soothes the burn, and kills the itch and kills yeast and bacteria. it actually smothers it. if thats too harsh for you, you could try Noxzeema (i love that stuff.) it too, coold the burn, and will help with the itching and heal the skin. if you find that dry feels better.. go with gold bond powder. (get the medicated stuff, it has menthol in it too that will kill the yeast)

ive had to deal with this for a long time.. good luck hope you heal soon
Nayex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #11  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I have also used tea tree oil. Just a few drops goes along way.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #12  
Bikini Season :)

gold bond, and find a way to tuck something inside - a clean wash cloth, etc... throughout the day when your folds are going to be mashed together a lot. keep the skin from touching. you dont want any sweat!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

I know I am late to this but I had to go to the doctor to get a prescription of Nystatin (sp) cream for my roll rash.

I was SO embarrassed. My skinny (but very nice) doctor tried to tell me "We all get them". LOL! She weighs about 100 pounds wet.

It was nice of her to try to make me feel better though.

There are so many good ideas to try, I'll have to make note to pick up some Gold Bond powder. It sounds like a popular choice.
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Skin infections, are common among skinny folks too, but if you've got more skin area, you just have a lot more skin to get infected. Still, there are fat people who never get them, and skinny folks who get them all the time, so it's not just the amount of skin and skinfolds you have, but also your immune system and other factors.

Last edited by kaplods; 02-06-2009 at 03:52 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #15  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Highly recommend foot fungus spray.

I get this rash under my breasts during long workout sessions or swim season. It's actually a yeast infection! I know, totally gross but that is life. I use a athlete's foot spray and it disappears within a week. Try that!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote