Old 02-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/180/150

Height: 5'9

Unhappy Please help me. I don't know what plan to be on :-(

Hi there. I have been doing LA weight loss for 4 weeks now. A friend of mine just photocopied her plan for me and that is what I have been following. I have been eating 3 proteins, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starches, 2 dairy, and 2 fats. I do not have any LA weight loss bars and don' know what to use instead. So heres the problem..... I lost 10 pounds quite fast and now I'm at a stand still. I still haven't done the take 2 thing because I don't have the juice that they tell you to drink. Does anyone have any better ideas for me?? Does it seem like I am eating the rite portions for my height and weigh, or should I switch it up? And is the take off 2 important. I really wanna lose 30 more pounds and am very dedicatd to doing so, just wanna make sure I'm not waisting my time eating the wrong portions. Thanks and I really hope to hear from you all soon.

Last edited by shygirl26; 02-05-2009 at 03:56 PM.
shygirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

I have been eating 3 proteins, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starches, 2 dairy, and 2 fats.
I never tried LA but this Sounds much like weight watchers. Maybe you should cruz over a have look at it. No specail juices, bars etc. makes it cheaper.
maryl
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #3  

Thanks for your reply, but I can't leave LA now. I have put in 4 weeks already and need to stick with it. But if anyone knows a substitute for the bars and the juice please let me know. And how much of each category I should be eating that would be so helpful.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygirl26 View Post
Hi there. I have been doing LA weight loss for 4 weeks now. A friend of mine just photocopied her plan for me and that is what I have been following. I have been eating 3 proteins, 4 veggies, 3 fruits, 3 starches, 2 dairy, and 2 fats. I do not have any LA weight loss bars and don' know what to use instead. So heres the problem..... I lost 10 pounds quite fast and now I'm at a stand still. I still haven't done the take 2 thing because I don't have the juice that they tell you to drink. Does anyone have any better ideas for me?? Does it seem like I am eating the rite portions for my height and weigh, or should I switch it up? And is the take off 2 important. I really wanna lose 30 more pounds and am very dedicatd to doing so, just wanna make sure I'm not waisting my time eating the wrong portions. Thanks and I really hope to hear from you all soon.

You can do takeoff without the juice, just use cantaloupe. 1/4th of a cantaloupe for each serving of take off juice. Take Off 2 is a plateau buster and works well when done biweekly.

As far as the bars there's TONS of substitutes BUT at your height and weight you don't need them, your already following the correct plan if you weren't using them. If you added in the bars you would have to drop 1/2 protein, 1 veggie, 1 fruit and 1 starch so I would just continue with what you are doing.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Shy,

For the bars, Luna bars are often substituted. I think perhaps if you add the bars in you might see your weight start dropping again. It seems to me that you may be slightly too low in your exchanges without the bars. If the plan is too low, often you have an initial quick loss followed by a stall out. I know it seems counterintuitive, but our bodies are quite good at shutting down on burning calories when the calorie cut is too drastic. You have to find that sweet spot where you are eating enough to keep your metabolism humming along but low enough to drop the weight. Truly 12 pounds in 4 weeks is GREAT! I know you would like to see 2 pounds a week, every week, but it tends to come off in quick drops followed by stall outs instead, just to drive all of us crazy. I think you either need to go up a plan, or add the bars.

For the take off, I substitute oranges for the juice. I've also used 1/2 of a grape fruit or 1/4 of a cantaloupe. There are juices out there that some people substitute also. The hollywood juice diet that used to be sold in Walgreens can be used also. But it also is expensive. I lost the most on the grapefruit, but I ended up feeling very acidic after 2 days. I would try adding the bars for a few days.

I have also used zone perfect bars and some people use the south beach bars. Any bar with a goodly amount of protein and around 160-180 calories is a decent substitute in my book, but I've heard the Luna's are closest to the LA bars.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #6  

OH, AndreaMarie knows so much more than me about the plans... you should take her advice not mine. I do think 12 pounds in 4 weeks is great progress.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Shy,

For the bars, Luna bars are often substituted. I think perhaps if you add the bars in you might see your weight start dropping again. It seems to me that you may be slightly too low in your exchanges without the bars. If the plan is too low, often you have an initial quick loss followed by a stall out. I know it seems counterintuitive, but our bodies are quite good at shutting down on burning calories when the calorie cut is too drastic. You have to find that sweet spot where you are eating enough to keep your metabolism humming along but low enough to drop the weight. Truly 12 pounds in 4 weeks is GREAT! I know you would like to see 2 pounds a week, every week, but it tends to come off in quick drops followed by stall outs instead, just to drive all of us crazy. I think you either need to go up a plan, or add the bars.

For the take off, I substitute oranges for the juice. I've also used 1/2 of a grape fruit or 1/4 of a cantaloupe. There are juices out there that some people substitute also. The hollywood juice diet that used to be sold in Walgreens can be used also. But it also is expensive. I lost the most on the grapefruit, but I ended up feeling very acidic after 2 days. I would try adding the bars for a few days.

I have also used zone perfect bars and some people use the south beach bars. Any bar with a goodly amount of protein and around 160-180 calories is a decent substitute in my book, but I've heard the Luna's are closest to the LA bars.
She's EXACTLY right . If you do change to menu plan #2 then you could use any of the bars listed above. Ditto to the oranges and grapefruit. I've actually used V8 splash with great success.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #8  

Thanks ladies!! And not to sound repetative but what I got from the info was that the take 2 is important and just to substitute the juice for home made stuff, and that the bars are not important. Cuz one of you said they are and one of you said they are not....so now i'm confused :-(
And what is menu plan 2?? should I switch up my menu plan or just stay the same as I am doing without the bars and just add in the take 2 days. Cuz I do believe that you ladies know way more than me about all this, and I just wanna do this the rite way.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

shy - do you still have a center? If so, leave it to them to drop your plan or take Andrea's advice. If not, here's my advice - the bars helped me tremendously because they curbed sweets cravings, but according to Andrea you would have to eliminate some foods (drop a plan) if you wanted to try these.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #10  

Shy, You should also know that if you are exercising 5 hours or more per week or have a job that requires a good deal of physical labor, you should also go up a plan. I think for me when I need it is when I'm burning off more than 1500 calories in a week via exercise, then I find that I need to bump it up a plan. I believe what you have listed there is plan 3. Taking out the exchanges that AndraeMarie recommended would put you at plan 2. Basically they recommend you go up a plan if you do not eat the lites. I myself have always done better on the lites than not, but many people find they don't agree with them, and they do fine without too.

Although there is a formula, we are all different so you should judge based on how you feel and your own situation. If you are hungry all the time and cold and lacking energy, that is a sign your plan is too low. For me my body temperature will actually drop down to 96 degrees, so you know I'm just not burning the calories that I should be burning. I actually lost more weight by going up a plan... not saying it is the right answer for you, but it is a possiblity.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #11  

If you do follow Take Off 2 you will have to use some sort of bar substitution during those two days.

Your day would look something like this:

Meal 1: 4 eggwhites, 1/4 of a cantaloupe, 1/2 luna bar

2: 1/2 Luna Bar (or other bar substituion), 1/4 of a cantaloupe

3: 2 oz. cooked chicken, unlimited green vegetables (cooked or raw)

4: same as Meal 2

5: same as meal 3

6: same as meal 2

You can follow the above every fourteen days. The rest of the time you can continue on the plan you are currently on without LA Lites. If you choose to incorporate them then you can but you will then follow menu plan 2.

The bars are good, they are convenient and they do help with sweet cravings if you tend to get them. They aren't nessecary though, just as much weight can be lost without the use of them. Do whatever works best for you and fits your lifestyle the best.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'5

hello ladies ive been following everyones blogs and have decided to give it a try. i will be aposting progress and im sure many questions. youall seem very supportive of one another. good luck to all on the journey.
davismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'5

ladies hello again i just realized im not real sure how to do the LA stsrt progrsm i looked up LAto your dooe a little steep my husband says does anyone have a suggestion or a plan they could tell me to start and follow i remember when LA was in our area but no more. would appreciate any information. agaain thank you. i was up 2 pounds today
davismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #14  

Default LA Weight loss plan questions

I used the program years ago and lost 89lbs and have since gained it all back plus a little. Now I'm ready to do it all over again. lol. This time with the help of exercise. My questions are; I believe I should be on the red plan (5'7 & 330lbs). I would like to do the jump start juice thing but don't remember how it works, when to take it how much to take etc. I have heard of a couple juice/fruit replacements that I plan to try instead of the actual LA juice.

Next question, how do I adjust my plan if I don't want to use the bars? and or do you have any suggestions of bar replacements that are less expensive and easy to obtain?

Last question, my partner is going to do this with me. She is 5'7 & 190lbs, what plan should she be on?

Thank you very much for you help, knowledge and advice.
carlysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #15  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hi there

LAWL switched to numbered plans for a while now. These plans are designed for better results. So I would recommend you to follow the new system to maximize results.
You and you friend can choose plans using LA to your door link.
http://www.latoyourdoor.com/t-HowDoIChooseAPlan.aspx

You can buy the plan kit from LA to your door or ebay ( way cheaper).

I don't know if someone from this forum can email you a copy for free or not.We are not allowed to post the plans because of violation of copyrights.

If you are not using bars, just go a plan higher. Like instead of plan 3 with bars , use plan 4 without bars.

Good luck
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote