Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 10:55 AM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default what's your day like?

just wondering... i'm finding that i have to be very regimented in order to get all my protein and liquid in, and i fell apart yesterday, almost fainting because i didn't get the protein in until about 10:30, after i'd been up for nearly 4 hours, and exercised, and cleaned and did laundry, and more.

so.... what are you doing to make sure you get all your STUFF in???

my typical work day looks like this:up by 6:30, and i don't have to be at work until 9:30-10:00.... so, it's a 2 mile walk, then 20 oz SF wyler's lemonade [because i like the extra vit C] while i make breakfast [usually rolled up deli meats and very very thinly sliced cheese or a deviled egg], and lunch [protein, some veg or salad], and snack of cheese or something. and a piece of fruit. i keep a slice of protein cake in the freezer at work and a premade protein shake in the work refrig, too..

and then, aroun 8-8:30, it's protein shake. and then pack breakfast, lunch, and snack into an insulated bag, and into the car around 9, and breakfast in the car... then i get a very large iced decaf at starbucks, with some SF vanilla syrup, and add about 1/4 c milk, vanilla powder and a sprinkle of nutmeg. and by the time i get to work and get settled in, about 1/2 hour has passed since breakfast so i can start drinking

and then 12 oz v8. and after that i start falling apart!!! some soybeans [a couple of tablespoons] if i'm hungry, and lunch happens when it happens, never before 2. and i fit in another 16-24 oz liquid, and then i leave work anywhere between 6 and 7:30, and i'm hungry, so i eat some beef jerky and maybe the cheese snack on the way home. maybe the protein shake. and then i can't manage dinner. sometimes i just have a little cottage cheese or cheese around 9:30...

anyone who says we've taken the easy way out has no clue!!!
Old 09-16-2002, 09:59 PM   #2  

This is a typical day for me at almost 17 months post duodenal switch.

I get up at 5:30 a.m. and chug down a glass of iced tea. Within the next hour or two I eat breakfast (1-2 boiled eggs or an egg beater omelet with salsa and/or cheese or a few ounces of fish or chicken).

I go to work at 8:00 and have two 16 oz cups of coffee with Splenda and creamer.

By 10:00 I am ready for my first snack or mini-meal. Usually ham or turkey lunch meat spread with laughing cow cheese and rolled up. Sometimes I have some veggies with dip (mostly red pepper strips, with a celery stick or two thrown in); dip is usually whatever lowfat salad dressing I have around.

Around noon I am hungry again. This snack is usually a small bowl of some sort of soup (soup always has broth, protein and veggies) or some cottage cheese.

By 2:00 I'm hungry again. A small package of peanuts and/or kippered beef strips (I have no idea what this really is, it's like beef jerkey, but softer and easier to chew). Usually drink some decaf tea with this.

By the time I get home from work between 5 and 6 pm I am starving. (I swear it is true!). Dinner is usually a piece of fish or a chicken breast. I usually don't have room for any veggies with this. I just get the protein down.

The dinner protein fills me up for awhile, then I start drinking again. I try to chug down several glasses of decaf iced tea in the evening. That keeps me full for several hours.

Before bed (around 11 pm) I eat a small bowl of high fiber/high protein cereal with milk and Splenda.

Dawna
Closed Thread