Old 02-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #1  
Losing it!

Default McSkinney's Loozing Floozies FEBRUARY #2

Hey Floozies! Welcome to our February thread! Lets see if we can get it to as many pages as January was!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #2  
Losing it!

I hope our two little chickies are enjoying the fun & the sun while the rest of us freeze our pa-tooties off!!! :-)

Busy weekend, cooking, cleaning, playing nurse etc. I am now also preparing for a baby shower and hosting it here at our house of Feb. 14th. I will try to remember to post a link to a cake I'm going to try to make.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #3  

My creative and busy little one.....do you ever just do nothing?
Thanks fir posting a new thread for us. The other one was pretty long.

i had a marvelous day. I tried a new church, the people were kind and made friends easily. They help the children of the dump and the orphanages with what they collect. The only bill they pay is for rent of the space for sunday am. Next sunday they will be doing an adult baptism in the ocean. How cool.
Well I am into a new juice book so i am going to go and read.
Oh yeah just have to tell you all one more thing, it is a good thing that i am a good girl. When I was walking tonight a lady said hey Darlene and low and behold it was my neighbors sister. So you never know who you are going to meet. Better be good!
On that note good night.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #4  
Losing it!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm doing end of the month statements & paperwork for the shop too! I am ACTUALLY enjoying this morning~! I had time to finish the baby shower invitations, balance books and print off statements. I was on such a roll, I was able to find time to check-in here! Now, off to take my mommy to the doc for a check-up. This is her general practioner, so he should enjoy seeing her new "bling" (pacemaker)

Dee, I watched a video about the dump children, how moving and disturbing! We are a Nation filled with waste and luxery as people in our World continue to suffer. The adult Baptism sounds like an experience to witness. What is a Juice book???
Old 02-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #5  

Good morning, Floozies!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:06 AM   #6  

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here much. I have been working late and no time to post everywhere. Unfortunately, this it the board that suffers when I am busy.

Dee-From what you have told me about the people in the Dump, I know how devoted you are to them.

Janice-When is Jake's birthday?

Gayle-I don't know how you do everything. You must never sleep.

I am feeling quite big lately. I am eating too much at night again. I will be taking time for the trainer tonight at the gym.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #7  
Losing it!

Shelley, I sleep! Usually I am hitting the bed by 9:00-10:00, which is way earlier then I use to! I can't seem to get rested up. This week I was addressing baby invites the same time I was trying to get my statements completed and mailed out. My statements are STILL sitting here ready to be stuffed in envelopes and mailed. Thank goodness I have tonight free! Steve has been out of town most of the last two weeks, so thank goodness I have a MIL willing and able to get Allie picked up from school most days. Everyone have a great day! I'll check in later!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #8  

Shelley--not Janice, but---Jake's birthday is Saturday.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #9  

Cheryl do you have a party planned for Jake? Wow he is one already, enjoy it and make good memories.

Janice I hope that you are enjoying your trip.

Shelley it makes me laugh when I read your posts because you have me fooled almost everytime. I look at the pic and think that it is me posting.

Gayle I was wondering what you were talking about when you said juice book. lol I meant juicy. Give time to Steve when he is home and make sometime for yourself too. It isn't selfish to make time for yourself.

It is late and I am tired I am off to bed.

ttys
Old 02-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #10  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone! Life is hectic here...when isn't it? I think I have mentioned that my MIL has Alzheimer's and is living on her own. There was an incident where she accused the cleaning lady of stealing a couple of weeks ago. Of course the cleaning lady hadn't taken anything, but it caused a huge problem with the cleaning agency and the apartment manager wasn't happy either because the "fight" ended up in her office. The cleaning lady isn't coming back (because my MIL won't let her) and the apartment manager suggested that we may need to find someplace else for MIL to go. Easier said than done. There's no way we can afford a private room for her in a personal care home and I wouldn't even consider putting her in a shared room...she would make a roommates life a living ****. After a meeting with the area agency on aging and another with the apartment manager we have decided that I will go in daily to check on MIL, make sure she takes her meds, changes clothes and I'll do some cleaning too. It's all pretty ironic...she has hated me from day one, and now I'm the only one that she will let do anything for her. I wonder if she had known this, if she would have been nicer to me over the years? Anyway, between dealing with MIL an hour or two each day, watching the two little ones 2 days a week, picking the two older girls up at school the other three days, and trying to keep up with work...I'm having a hard time keeping up with my websites. I'm hoping that once I settle into this new routine that it will be easier to find time for the computer and such. We have made plans to go to NC next week to see the newest grandbaby. Our oldest son will be checking on MIL while we are away (God bless him) keep your fingers crossed that she behaves while we're gone.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:22 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Suzy, I would not wish Alzheimer's on any family...how sad. I can chuckle about the things that happen throughout the day, but then I tell Steve how thankful I am to not have a family member suffering from the illness. Words can't comprehend living it. Most at the nursing home, end up progressing from stealing (not, but thinking so) to aggressive behavior. Will you have someone to come in to assist with bathing etc? You shouldn't try doing it all yourself, you will wear yourself down.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #12  

Quote:
she has hated me from day one, and now I'm the only one that she will let do anything for her. I wonder if she had known this, if she would have been nicer to me over the years?
My guess is NO.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #13  

Suzy I am sorry to hear that you have your hands so full. Remember that it is important to take some time for yourself as stress makes one sick. I don't seem to have a problem taking time for myself...lol

have a good day everyone.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #14  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Her Alzheimer's isn't so far advanced that she needs a lot of care...just a little more supervision, so at this point it's not that big of a job and it's easier for me to do than it is for Tim. When it comes time that she needs more skilled care then she will have to go to a home of some sort. Right now we're just trying to buy her a little more time on her own.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #15  

Aww you are so sweet after how she treated you. Your a good daughter in law.

Gayle how is it to have Steve back home? I hope that you are enjoying it.
Larry comes home tomorrow night. One more sleep in this big empty king bed.

When is our traveler getting home? Is Janice gone one or two weeks?

Hey Shelley how are you doing? Did you enjoy your run this morning?

Cheryl how about that birthday party.....what are you going to do for little Jake?