Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 08:11 AM   #1  
the kid's counting on me!

Default LesBiAlternachicks and Friends

Decided to start a new thread since the old Lesbian Mom thread was getting so big. For newcomers, this is a thread that tries to welcome lesbians who want to lose weight, of which I am one...mostly, straight women who feel a spiritual connection to my lesbian self come here to visit and usually stay for awhile. Some of them have lesbian sisters-in-law or friends or are bisexual or just feel amused by the lesbian who keeps this thread going wondering where all the other chubby Lesbians are hiding out.

Long ago another woman who actually identified herself as a lesbian dropped by...but, alas, she never returned.

So, welcome to alternachicks and welcome to the lesbian thread. To learn more about all of us check out the meet and greet.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:34 AM   #2  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Soozie
See you have started a new thread for us all. Not sure if i mentioned this or not before but I am BI, ( am very chubby also-fat to be exact, but working on it). Hopefully this will draw in more ladies!
I am glad you had a nice week at the beach, were there many cute chicks hangin out on the beach. So has your daughter started back to school yet? My kids start back on Wednesday, PARTY!!
Take care!
Virginia
Old 09-02-2002, 09:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Hello darlings... here is the token homophobic. (that's a joke... you picked up on that, right?)

Soozie, I'm glad you had fun at the beach! Maybe you should ask Mauvais to close the other thread.

Mauvais? Could you close the other thread please sweetie? Don't delete it... just close it.

Hey Virginia, my kids start back tomorrow! I can't wait! I feel like I've had house guests for two months who never pick up after themselves!
Old 09-02-2002, 11:31 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! Can I be a Friend? I am just as homophobic as Ellis.

Don'tcha luv it?
Old 09-02-2002, 11:56 AM   #5  

Soozie - Thank you for starting this thread. The law of averages tells us there's gotta be more of us around the 3FC community..

Virginia,

Are you familiar with any bimarried women's online support groups or websites? I would like to find a simpatico group of kindred spirits who are travelling the same path..... the issues can be so complicated The closest local group is about 30 miles of HEAVY traffic away from my home.

terrigrrrl - wearing her little rainbow flag

" They're hoping soon my kind will drop and die,
But I'm gonna wave my freak flag high, high.
Wave on, wave on
Fall mountains, just don't fall on me
Go ahead on Mr. Business man, you can't dress like me."

- Jimi Hendrix
Old 09-02-2002, 12:12 PM   #6  
a brave new me...

Default Hi...

Just dropping in to offer my support and welcome any lurking soon to be newcomers.

Old 09-02-2002, 01:07 PM   #7  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Terri
No I am sorry I do not know of any right off. I have a friend who goes to PFLAG and think I may start going with her. Have never had anyone to go with before, and hate going to new things by myself. But why cant we start our own right here! Or PM me and we can be candid if you like. It certainly can be complicated, and the support of friedns always makes life that much easier doesn't it?
Virginia
Old 09-02-2002, 11:31 PM   #8  

Hi girls.
BTW Virginia, congrats on the weight loss...you go girl!!!!!!!
Virginia, Terri, Ruth, Ellis, and Sojo...thanks for dropping by...Bi????
Ruth and Ellis, We will do our best to help you recover from your narrow worlds...you both live such innocent and sheltered lives...its no wonder your both homophobic...to anyone reading this who doesn't know Ruth and Ellis,
the above was complete sarcasm...Ruth and Ellis are actually as unhomophobic as one could be...even though Ellis failed an online test...
Ellis, maybe it was just test anxiety????

My DD starts kindergarten on Wednesday! I can't wait. Then I have no excuse for not returning to the gym...except that I feel like an jerk because I haven't been there in months...not sure when I was there last.

Oh well, lots of stuff to do and it is getting late.
Talk to you soon,
Love, Soozie

hey Kat, I know that you're back, where are you??
Old 09-03-2002, 09:53 AM   #9  

Listen Soozie... I think even YOU would have failed that test! It was too weird...

yeah... where the heck IS Kat?

I don't know of any support groups for you bi girls, but I've got a heck of a lot of activist sites if anyone is interested...
Let's see... ummm
environmental
homosexual
feminist
political
corp-bashing
anti-GMOs
the list goes on...
what do you want...?
Old 09-03-2002, 11:05 AM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

ALL I WANT IS SOME PEACE!

JUST GIVE ME SOME PEACE!
Old 09-03-2002, 12:54 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

AND THIN THIGHS!
Old 09-03-2002, 06:18 PM   #12  

you women are too much!
Old 09-03-2002, 07:28 PM   #13  

I have nothing for peace. That's completely out of my league.
And thin thighs? Are you kidding? My thighs look like 60 pound bags of potatoes. Or really big socks with marbles in them.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:56 PM   #14  

Ellis, stop, you're turning me on....

Ellis, how about the site where you took that test??? Do you remember where it was. I'd like to take it and see how I do.

Tomorrow is the big day...kindergarten. As I reread my last post here I thought, checking out all of my typos, maybe I should go back to kindergarten with my kid...couldn't hurt, relearn how to read and write, snacks, coloring, games, field trips, unfortunatly they don't nap, how awful. In the olden days we had a nice nap period in kindergarden. The teacher took out the cots and we'd all take a nice rest. Today's kindergarteners are so beyond that...oh mother, my daughter would remark, how terribly passe, why we gave up napping months ago.

Talk to you soon Ladies.
Love, Soozie
Old 09-03-2002, 09:48 PM   #15  

Here it is. I just did it again, and I tried to do it "differently" this time, but the results were "inconclusive" because I had too many errors. (I was trying to deliberately be biased FOR gays)
I don't get it. Am I stupid? Am I doing it incorrectly?
http://www.tolerance.org/hidden_bias/index.html

I'm too irritated to take any of the other tests. I'M NOT BIASED!!! I LOVE my gay friends and relatives! (for the most part, more than I do the straight ones!)

We used to have a special "nap towel" that we'd keep at school in kindergarten. I had mine until I was in my mid-20's. I still don't know where it went... it just never wore out.
Closed Thread