Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Default Fibromyalgia #181

Good morning all! Hope this works for the new thread...test test
Old 02-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #2  

I might not have done this correctly but tried it out. Could someone put this to the proper thread "space"? Also, haven't figured out how to do a "sticky" yet.
So...Good morning all! Very chilly here in Florida this am. Trying to get all my stuff done for the big game tonight, although I honestly am not excited about either the Ravens or the Steelers. I might even just do some computer-"ing" instead!
Eleni, thanks for the update on Joanne. I so hope she gets through this okay.
Victoria, such a pretty dog! I just adore standard poodles. They are so darn smart and playful. Having three must be a handful!
Anne, my doctor seems to think I have some arthritis on top of the FM, so that is what he is targeting with the Celebrex. My lower back and hips are giving me a terrible time and my xrays indicate some degeneration and arthritic areas. What I am hoping for is an all-over feel better with the Celebrex. This cool weather is definitely not helping matters any.
I need to get some kitchen stuff done so I will check back later. Just thought I could help out with this new thread....hopefully I did it okay. Bye for now. Tammy....stay warm!!
Kate

Last edited by Kate53; 02-01-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: wrong name
Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #3  

Good morning Kate. Thanks for starting the new thread. You can't sticky it yourself, so you have to ask a moderator to do it for you. Meowee is ours. I have sent her a message asking to get it done.

I hope the Celebrex helps you. I take it for arthritis as well. My Dr. told me years ago, that you can OA for 25 years before it actually shows up on an xray and by that time it is way to late, as it has a hold. It sure isn't fun. Enjoy the festivities of the SuperBowl even if you don't watch it. I don't care for it at all, but some people will be glued to the TV.

Need to go to the Dr. about my foot again. It is swollen on the top of my foot and it really hurts just where the toes are connected to the foot. I wonder if I have a fracture there. I think it needs an xray,. Tomorrow is another day. This darn FM and OA have taken up residence once again. The weather went from very cold and dry (when I actually feel great) to nice (42F). We had rain showers on Thursday, for heaven sakes, and it was NOT freezing rain. They had to cancel outdoor hockey games because of rain - in JANUARY! History was made, as NEVER has that happened before. Anyway, with the humidity comes the pain. I hope we go back to colder weather but for the next 10 days, it is hovering around 32F give or take a degree.

Eleni - thank you so much for letting us know about Joanne. My goodness, I hope she gets out of danger soon. Poor gal.

Mima - does Dennis need bypass surgery? Glad he survived that attack. My poor fibro brain can't remember what else I read

Tammy - hope you get out today, but be sure it is safe.

Well, everybody have a good day.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #4  

Quick note here ladies...Our moderator "Meowee" must be keeping an eye on things because the new thread was squared away and sticky"ed" before you could say "Boo!". Thanks much for the help and for your reply Candice.
As for the Superbowl, well...it does seem to be a great past time here and marks the start of "visitor" season for me. It seems that as soon as the Superbowl is over, everyone shows up at my house to get away from the cold and snow. The next two months will be a test of patience for me as I cook, clean and do everything in between. I'll need a vacation myself when all is said and done, right??
Talk to everyone soon and enjoy the afternoon ladies. Get well soon, Joanne!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #5  

We were up in the 40's today, so there is melting going on. It isn't supposed to stay that warm, so hopefully we won't have flooding. Sure felt balmy!

Kate, one of the first meds the doctor tried on me was celebrex for the arthritis and fm. It didn't help me at all, but one of my good friends swears by it. Hope it helps.

Anne, it does sound like an xray of you foot is in order. Hard to believe they had to cancel the hockey games because of rain.

I watched the super bowl with some friends tonight. We talked and laughed more than we watched the game.

I haven't heard anything from Eleni today. Hope all is well with Joanne.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:35 AM   #6  

Good morning all. A cold front is moving in here tonight with rain and thunderstorms for this afternoon. Suppose to be close to freezing next few mornings...warming up again next weekend. This weather is driving everyone nuts down here! Just hoping the weather holds for all these guests I am expecting. That will keep them all outside on my patio.
Tammy, the only concern I have with the Celebrex is tummy related. I know I can take ibuprofen with no problems and the doc assured me this was basically the same medication but I would only have to take 1 pill a day instead of 6 because it lasts longer. We'll see! It was recommended I take it with food too.
Well, only watched 1/2 the Superbowl last night. Hubby had to get up early for work this morning (3:30 am). I wasn't that impressed with the half time show either. I got a decent nights sleep instead! Need to get my coffee down so I can take the "Queen" for her walk and brush her out. She goes to the vets tomorrow for her yearly...that is expensive! Between her shots, year-long heartworm and flea meds, it can cost close to $300. But she's definitely worth it! Of course, her nocturnal habits make me wonder sometimes....
Hope everyone enjoys the day. Will check back later to see if there is an update on Joanne.
Kate

Last edited by Kate53; 02-02-2009 at 06:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #7  

Thanks for the thread and for clearing up the sticky post. We loved the game last night-we were the party. I wanted Arizona to win because they were the underdog .
Skin doc at 9 and Brad finally conceded that he needed to go to doc for his cough .He will probably drop me off.
We went to eat after church-I had terriaki chicken with pineapple. had the same thing back home. Yummy.
I think Dennis needs a pacemaker. He actually needs a new heart but?????
Going to Olive garden tonight but eating late. Alison has a class.
Bye for now-hope Joanne is ok. Mima
Old 02-02-2009, 09:00 PM   #8  

Kate, getting a good night's sleep is great!

Mima, the chicken sounds yummy!

NOTE FROM ELENI

All I can really tell you is that she is not worse.They put a pressurized oxygen mask on her which is helping and heart rate seems to have settled down.She should show improvement in next couple of days if we are lucky. I stay with her in the afternoons.She rested very well for me

I had my aerobics class this morning, and then I had yoga this afternoon. I am pooed out! Glad I don't have any classes on Tuesday so I can recuperate. lol
Old 02-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #9  

well-that is good news about Joanne but hope she recovers quickly.
Glad you can get out and about tammy.
Skin doc zapped my nose, something on my face and something on my shoulder. The growth that i went to her for was ok.The thing on my face was making me crazy-I wanted it gone!!!
The Olive Garden was excellent-what a crowd for a Monday night.
I feel congested-hope i am not getting Brad's cold. Doc gave him an antibiotic.
Have fun with your company, Kate. Mima
Old 02-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #10  

Well, that is great to have Eleni giving Tammy the updates for Joanne. Please do thank her for us, Tammy. We appreciate it. Hopefully Joanne will be back with us soon. Tammy, you seem to have so much energy! I haven't had any ambition to exercise at all lately. I feel like I am stuck in a rut all of a sudden. Between the cold weather (which I am not used to!) and impending company, I feel like going to bed with the big down comforter pulled up over my head. I also need to go back to phase 1 of SB because I didn't lose a single pound last week. I am sure it is because I am indulging in to many carbs, albeit good ones but too many all the same. That yoga dvd I have is a bit too much for me at this point. I am going to have to try the one for plus sized women with alternate positions. Just spent a ton of money on the "Queen" for her yearly vet visit (heartworm meds, flea meds, rabies/distemper shot, etc) so it will have to wait a few weeks. Need to get the spare room put back together in case my first "guest" shows up this weekend. He's driving down from Massachusetts.
Mima, when you say "Zapped", do you mean burned off? Is there another procedure they are using now like laser or something? I have a couple of skin tags I want removed but I do not want to go through cutting them off. Did what you have done need any anesthesia like numbing stuff? I need to get to a dermatologist myself. Right now I am trying to find a chiro that takes my health insurance and is good at adjusting. That will take a miracle I think...
Hope everyone enjoys the day.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #11  

Mima, I haven't been to Olive Garden for quite a while. Maybe I'll have to check with Tim and see when we can get there. I enjoy their soup and salad lunches, but I also love all the pastas!!

Kate, I will thank Eleni for all of you. I was able to meet Eleni and Joanne last winter when my hubby and I were in Florida. It was a great time.

Some days I do have energy, then others I don't have much. I know starting the bible study the beginning of January is helping me to stay more focused on everything. Tomorrow is another official weigh in, so I hope I can move my butterfly again in the right direction.

I had some skin tags removed several years ago. I don't remember what the doctor used, but he put some liquid on each one, and they gradually fell off over the next few days. I think I need to have it done again because I'm looking pretty "taggy".

Just saw the weather report. More snow. Oh boy! Glad that the town finally removed the mountain of snow in our cul-de-sac. They did that this morning. At least the new snow won't add to that now!

Take care everyone!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:46 AM   #12  

Toe is feeling better finally.... but still cannot wear enclosed shoes so my Birk sandels will ahv eto do so not doing to much walking and not out of the hosue unless and appt.

Gotta go read the last thread to check on you gals....been kinda down not being able to get out...been too long of a winter!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #13  

JOANNE
Old 02-04-2009, 07:00 AM   #14  

Hi-she froze then-it feels cold and hurts a little-I was told that laser hurts. She cut the spot on my face after she numbed it-that didn't hurt.
That spot is right under my glasses so I don't think it will go away quickly/
Arttoday and I have to leave early to go to the urologist.I keep getting those UTI's .
Tonight starts the mission conference and we get to see our friends from Whisper Mountain in NC.
Brad still can't sleep well because of his cough. He woke me up when he came into the bedroom at 3-didn't fall right back to sleep.I hate when that happens.
No more snow!! My gf is going on a trip in June and they keep adding days to her school year. Right now she is up to the day before she leaves.
Bye for now=glad about your foot candice. Hope Joanne is on the mend.
No company today Kate-enjoy yourself. It
s supposed to be warmer on Friday.Mima
Old 02-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #15  

Good morning everyone! Brrrr....very cold here today and for the next few days. Suppose to get to mid 20's tonight....Global warming my butt!! Still need to get that guest room put back together. I can't get the Queen off the bed long enough to get the bed skirt back on. She has a huge sheet I keep over the entire bed so her fur doesn't get attached to everything. She is going to be some Po'd when company arrives and her "room" is no longer available! Nothing like a PO'd Great Pyrenees.....

Tammy, that might have been liguid nitrogen they used for the skin tag. It basically "burn/freezes" it off. That's just what I am hoping for but will have to check before I make the appointment on the method used. Some drs. like to numb it up and slice it off which doesn't appeal to me at all. I have 3 tags to remove...two under my arm and one on my neck. Ugly little things, aren't they??

Mima, didn't they give your hubby some cough syrup for the night time? My doctor usually gives me a codeine based liquid to take at night to quiet the cough and loosen the chest congestion. Codeine also acts as an expectorant. It always makes my cough more "productive" which means I cough less. I hope you can find a way to sleep around that problem....I have a "snore-er" myself.

Candice, hopefully you will be feeling better with spring just around the corner! We'll be turning the clockes to DST the beginning of March...that always makes me feel a little better. I can walk her "royal highness" later at night and it is still light out. When I start feeling a little caged up, I put on some good music, open a bottle of red wine and cook something really tasty.
Not getting much done today. Need to get to the produce stand down the street but it's just too darn cold to get motivated to go outside! Hope everyone enjoys the day....get well soon, Joanne.
Closed Thread