Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 05:43 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready to try again....#213

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 09-14-2002, 05:59 PM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Thin: October is family history month and since quilting is family history related we are have a group of ladies come to demonstrate .
No work is not letting up any but we have hired a head librarian and a childrens person. I am going to Little Rock on Oct. 11 and 12 to a genealogy workshop.
Old 09-14-2002, 06:05 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Andrew says Thank you all for the Birthday Wishes!!

Phew! I'm glad thats over! LOL....the last of the party left at 5 pm I came in here to check my email and Andrew laid on his bed with a pretzel in his hand and before I opened my first email he was out cold snoring away! The little guy had such a great time with the kids playing outside in the backyard. John's stepsister came as the clown and did a wonderful job with the kids. She did the balloon shapes, face painting and tatoos and a little magic show. They all had so much fun! I think maybe next year we will have it at Chuck E Cheese or someplace like that. Let them do all the work. THough it wasn't bad....we just kept a supply of hamburgers and hotdogs cooking in stages on the grill as everyone came they could help themselves to a plate. Its was such a beautiful day weather wise we all sat out back on the patio. A friend of mine had given me about 5 or 6 kid size plastic chairs for outside awhile ago so that worked out great for the kids to sit in. He got some neat toys I can't wait to go play with. I should take them out of the boxes while he is sleeping and I can enjoy them without him wanting them! LOL

I don't think I did too bad food wise. I had a few chips, a pickle, a couple of deviled eggs, a cheeseburger, and about a half cup of potato salad that I made with the light mayo. And of course I shared a piece of cake and ice cream with Andrew. I didn't have any breakfast today and I probably won't have any dinner because I am still full. I have been drinking water, iced tea and diet sprite.

Kat...I can't wait to get done here and go put my feet up on the couch. John went to take his dad home and his nephew and HIS son so I have a couple of hours rest...

Thin...I love those first week losses...I just wish it was steady all the time! I do know that I will lose this weight again and so will all of you! We can do this together...It sounds like you had a great time in Niagra Falls!

Mel...those pictures are beautiful!....I have those walk away the pounds dvd's too. And the weights. I started them a couple of times but just haven't been organized enough to keep consistent. Now that the party is done and the house is clean I have no excuse not to do them every day. I want to get this weight off and I know the exercise speeds this process!

Tina...sounds like you had a GREAT time! Those other people must have envied you! Your husband was lucky to be chosen too!

Mary...fingers crossed for your son's job!

Lucky....did you find that husband yet?

Well I should get on out of here! I need to rest...my feet hurt!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-14-2002, 09:53 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just saying 'hi'! And bringing the new thread up. There's alot on the second page of the last one, so if you haven't seen all of Melissa's pics and Lucky's post, make sure you stop back by there.

I had a small theatre job today so DH and I went there and then out to dinner and stopped at our friend's house for a bit.

Movie review: Swimfan was ummmmm lame. Not even terribly entertaining, I'm sorry to say. I have to tell you though, we would not have seen it if it didn't fit into the in-between times that we had to do the theatre job. So it's not as if we picked a lame movie on purpose!

LuckyLadyBug: Thanks for the nice welcome back.

Melissa: Great pictures! Sounds like you did a whole lot of walking.

Michelle: Bet you're glad the day is over. If you'd have laid on the bed too, you'd probably be 'out' as well.

Mary: I was just teasing about the 'quilting' classes. I think it's wonderful that your library has so much to offer. It sounds like it is really a community oriented place where everyone comes and has a good time. That's wonderful!

Gonna run. Just made reservations for next weekend away so I need to call our friends and let them know. See you all later.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:24 AM   #5  

Unhappy Hi Ladies,

Looks like I spoke too soon when I said it looked like my little kitty, Moses, was doing okay. He was SO sick today that we took him back to the vet's, then the 24-hour Emergency Clinic. He's there now on an IV drip and being monitored. Poor little guy! I'm SO worried that we might lose him! He's only 3 1/2 years old and until Thursday was in absolute perfect health! They're not sure WHAT'S wrong; they've run a bunch of tests... $750 so far! I know it's crazy but we love him SO much!

Anyways, after we got Moses settled at the clinic we had to rush and get ready for our friend's wedding this evening. It was a lot of fun and really helped get my mind off him... but now we're home and I'm back to worrying!

Actually, I'm gonna head to bed now because it's 3:30 am and who knows what's gonna happen tomorrow with him.

TTFN
Sara
Old 09-15-2002, 11:06 AM   #6  

Baylee, no rain here yesterday. Just sun and wind. I got a lot done but feel acky today. Remember I am on a farm...a lot of places to mow and I was also raking and hauling. I raked up the crab apples - I hate those things...make a mess and stink. I want to cut the darn tree down.

I do rubber stamping...well, lets say I have the stuff to do rubber stamping. I haven't done any for over a year. Since I moved to the farm!!!! Wonder why!!

Michelle, great party .... but all those little kids I am surprised you weren't laying there with Andrew and his pretzel.

Sara, I sure hope my cat doesn't get sick because I couldn't come up with the money to save him. Of course, I don't know if he can get sick if all he does is sleep.

Oops..someone is here...later
Old 09-15-2002, 01:26 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Revelations!

You know...I came to the realization today, that I am probably not clinically depressed or bipolar or anything scary like that...I HAD PMS!!! My period came today, taking me totally by surprise...it is a wee bit early, but thinking back a few days to a week ago, I was totally PMSing! Whew...THAT'S a relief!! I did start taking some peri-menopausal vitamin supplement a few days ago...I doubt it kicked in already! So, today...I am just little Mary Sunshine!

I worked last night...had packed my gym bag ahead of time, planning on going straight over from work, when I discovered my "visitor," so I had to come home. I figured, "Oh well...if I don't get there right away, I ain't going!" I proceeded to the computer, read a few posts, was all ready to reply, when I thought..."hmmmm...*flashback* Wasn't it just yesterday that I promised not to get caught up in posting til I accomplished something around the house AND did my exercise? Why, yes it was!" And so...I went to the kitchen and cleaned up the mess left by my darlings last night. I could have left it for them, but I needed something...anything... to do before I could post! Once the kitchen was bright and shiny, I thought, "Well, there's still time to get over for the 9am Aquacize class...I did promise the girls..." And off I went! The class lasted 50 minutes, so I spent the last 10 minutes doing laps. I felt fabulous afterwards!!! So good, in fact, I high-tailed it over to Shop Rite and bought some fruits and veggies and lots of good stuff. Once everything was put away~AND ONLY THEN~I sat down to post...bursting with excitement at how good I feel!

I am a moody wench on a good day...so PMS can really send me on a hormonal roller coaster!

Wow! I just rambled that story on and on, but I had to share...couldn't wait to, actually!

So...I just had a nine point breakfast...I know, a little high, but I DID work all night without nibbling! I'll finish this post and maybe lie down for a bit. I didn't get much sleep last night before work. When I tried, I felt that I couldn't rest til my bedside table was cleared off, it was that messy! So I grabbed the wastebasket, tossed a few magazines, some papers, some old lotion and nail polish, contact lens wrappers....which made it better...but not good enough...Time to get rid of this PILE of books taking up space here...{Revelation #2 is coming...}

Let me just give you a rundown of the books accumulated there..."Potatoes, Not Prozac," "The Hunger Within," "Make the Connection," "Food for Thought," "Breaking Free from Compulsive Eating," "Sugar Busters Quick and Easy Cookbook, " AND, "Fat Flush Plan." Not to mention the Kathy Smith Walking tape(used once) and log book (never used). I thought, "What the ****...just for kicks, let's look in the closet, just to see what other weight loss gadgets I could come up with...Ready?
1. Ab Slider
2. 2 pairs of dumbells
3. 2 pairs Jack Lalanne stretchy bands
4. 1 pair Elaine Powers ankle weights
...not to mention the measuring tape hanging there...and we won't even go into all the exercise video tapes in my possession...or the Weight Watchers and other "light" cookbooks that I own! Come to think of it...if I looked into a junk drawer or my desk drawer, I'm sure I could find a few old WW weekly weigh in booklets. I have also joined "Lean Line", "Lifesteps," an expensive program through my job, similar to WW, I even tried "Fit America." I have received Richard Simmons' newletters, and cried at MANY of his infomercials. I have used those funky diet pills from GNC, and protein powders...I've been on the crazy three day diet where you eat hot dogs and beets and icecream. I have owned, in the past, a rowing machine, a stair stepper, a mini trampoline, various "steps" for step aerobics...
(Bear with me, I'm on a roll...I just keep thinking of more and more things!) In the past 20 years, I have belonged to: Elaine Powers, Lucille Roberts, another lady's gym that I can't remember the name of, a racquetball club, not to mention my current memberships at the "state of the art" fitness and wellness center AND at Curves!

AND YET I WEIGH 260 POUNDS!!!!

here comes the revelation...

After all the $$$$$ down the tubes and the years spent trying, (sometimes succeeding, mostly failing) to lose weight...I have come to the realization that NOTHING WILL WORK WITHOUT THE RIGHT ATTITUDE. End of story. If I expect to lose this weight, I should expect to do the work to make it happen. All the potions and powders, pills and playthings in the world will not do the job for me if I do not adopt the mindset that says, "THIS IS IT! I'M THROUGH FOOLING AROUND, IT'S TIME TO GET DOWN TO BUSINESS AND GET THIS WEIGHT OFF, ONCE AND FOR ALL."

So that's it. I want it bad enough. So I'm gonna do it. Watch and see.

Now, I really have to get my butt in bed for a nap.
Whew! I'm spent after that mega post!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-15-2002 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:51 PM   #8  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm glad you all liked the pictures, if anyone wants full size ones, they make really pretty desktop pictures, actually. Especially the scenery ones. I can't wait till the day I go back
Hehehe, another late day..oh well it'll catch up to me come tomorrow when I have to be up for my class....oh wait..HA HA! That's not until 2:30 LOL...but anyways let's assess my progress on my new "diet" if you will. I'm still staying under my allowed points, and drinking my water...yeah! LOL...I think tomorrow may be the day to tackle those walking tapes once again. I just wolfled down two of those cheddarwursts... I didn't realize there were 24 grams of fat in each ...there goes 18 points out of my day LOL...s'al good, I can fit it in. I seem to have misplaced my voice this morning. I wonder if I have lost anything yet?

Michelle -
You probably already told everyone how old Andrew is, but how old did he turn? I see his picture as your icon, but I think I've seen that there for a while, so I wasn't sure And FYI: yeah, you did well...LOL...especially with the low fat mayonnaise. I'm always a sucker for the starches. If there were some miracle diet that excluded meat I would be all set :0D

Mary -
Are the ladies coming to demonstrate at the library or at your home? LOL Have fun with that thought!

Thin -
Thanks for the reaffirmation, now I REALLY won't bother watching that movie, LOL.

Baylee -
Marble color? Oh, is that when the peppers are a mixture of both red and green or something? LOL Sorry I guess I had a peroxide dependent moment there. Yay!! Congratulations on entering the next point level!! That really rocks..it makes you feel as if you've tangibly accomplished something.:0D
As far as those walking tapes go...don't underestimate the workout they can give you, LOL. The only workout tapes I have that are harder are Tae Bo (spell?) and my step tapes...both pretty grueling. I'm not sure how in shape you are, but I find that as soon as I start using them again...yeah I get quite a workout and my pulse is up...they're divided into 1, 2, and 3 mile walks..and it's not just "walking" in place, it's basically an aerobics tape, but it's easy on the folks with little or no coordination...I find that's nice and straighforward, I don't have to pay attention I can just do my weights and place my concentration elsewhere for the time it takes...it takes about 50 minutes to do the 3 mile walk, and a little over half an hour for the 2. I have noticed a difference in my endurance and strength, so the tapes come with my seal of aproval And thanks for the deli / bread suggestions, I'm going to try them out. :0D
Sara -
AWW!! Poor Moses!! Poor YOU! Jeesh, I'm an animal lover myself (i've had every kind of pet you can imagine growing up). He's so lucky to have you guys as owners, whatever happens let us know how he's doing, ok?

Katrina -
You said it hun!! LOL, here here...I, too have everything..Ab-doer, Body by Jake, Cardio Glide, tapes, etc. EVERYTHING I NEED to lose weight. Oh, except a positive attitude...my weakness is eating late at night be I am definitely a night owl myself. Trouble is, I eat dinner around 6, have a snack at like 8...but then I am hungry again at like midnight. BAD IDEA. I think communities like this really really help keep us in line (depite the irony of sitting on our @$$es every day talking). I've been coming here for over a year now, off and on. And it really gives me people to answer to, it's hard for me because I live with a non-dieting family, you know? Keep up the good work though, i feel for ya.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:49 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello all
Mel: they are coming to the library.

My son passed the first part of the test for the job he now has to take a speed test on the 24. Keep your fingers crossed.
I went shopping today for food and a new ceiling fan. Found one for $20.00.

Dh took me out to dinner last night I guess I did ok.
I'll check in later
Sara hope your kitty is ok. I have a furry son too. Don't know what I'd do if anything happened to him
Old 09-15-2002, 03:08 PM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Wow...Kat...I can surely relate! But I have to say...I love my Richard videos! I lost 97 lbs with him a couple of years ago! That and just plain old walking! I joined the gym back then but rarely found time to go...but every morning bright and early I was out there walking before work! I just gotta get back out there!

Mel...Andrew just turned 2 on the 11th. That picture was from last Christmas so he was just over 1 then. I do need to change it but a few weeks ago I took him for pics and he wouldn't smile or sit still. I have to wait till his daddy is off work again....he seems to listen to dad more than mom!

Lucky and Thin.....it wasn't long after Andrew fell asleep that I was out for the count too! I was exhausted. I told John last night that next year Chuck E Cheese can do all the work! We had a great time though! He loved having all the kids in his yard to play with!

Sara how is little Moses today?

Baylee I didn't think about all the running around I was doing yesterday burning calories! I sure hope it helped the damage I did with the darn cake and ice cream! I did throw the rest of the cake out in the trash today!

Well I should get off of here....my little guy crashed on his bed with his pbj sandwich still in hand and all over his face. I'll check back later to see who else came out of the woodwork today!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-15-2002, 03:55 PM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Afternoon All,
I'm not even going to try to do an individual catch up. You gals have been BUSY!

I've frittered away the weekend. Did tons of laundry yesterday when I got home from the Y. BTW,it looks like I'll be able to start strength training in 2 weeks. That ought to be fun. I've never intentionally lifted anything other than my own weight in the name of exercise.

Today, It's on and off rainy, so I'm pretty much stuck indoors. I'm finishing Tami Hoag's "Dark Horse". Want to get it done before bedtime so it doesn't keep me awake.

Sara: How's Moses??? I'e been thinking about him.

We have 2 kitties that are allowed outside. We have 25 acres for them to wander and they are both getting up in yrs. so they stay close to the house but yesterday morning, when I left for the Y I was pulling out of the driveway and saw a B/W kitty laying in the road. My first thought was "Oh no Mister has only been out 2 minutes and he never goes down to the road!" I stopped the car and went to the kitty, sadly,it had passed on but it WASN'T ours. I moved it out of the road but since we couldn't find out who it belonged to we buried him this morning. We have a spot out back where our pets are buried and we put him to rest with them. How Sad. Our pets are like kids to many of us so give them (and your kids too!!!!) an extra hug tonight.

Tomorrow, I get to plan menus for the next 2 weeks cause my house mates are leaving on vacation. 2 weeks alone. I plan to get a good jump start on sticking to WW while they're gone.

Talk to you all tomorrow,
Old 09-15-2002, 05:10 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Been trying to catch up on laundry today and my soaps I missed while I was out of town.

Boy can the laundry pile up when you have 4 adults in the house! I feel like I've been working on it all day and there are still piles and piles down there. I have to keep up with the baby's clothes because he'll be wanting to pack for school in another week and a half.

Baylee: Good for you planning your week's meals in advance. That is such a great idea and a good habit to get into. Lucky you, you decided to start out that way from the beginning, looking at it as just part of the program will make it so much easier! * Sounds like you had one very busy day yesterday. On the go and going strong! Take a minute for yourself now! * The extra meetings is one thing that I continue to forget about.....and need to remember more often. It also gives you a little different perspective, especially if your town offers meetings by more than one leader. We had a really great guy leader when I first started (I know I've told the story of the wife with ice cream before), anyway, he gave up his Monday meetings and I really like my new leader, but it does me good to go see Frank every once in awhile for a good kick in the butt!

Sara: I'm so sorry Moses isn't doing well. Poor kitty! * Bet you looked great in that dress last night!

LuckyLadyBug: You sound like me.....lots of crafts to do and then we don't touch them. I bet I've got more supplies stock piled than you do!

Katrina: You sound so together now. I'm glad it was just PMS and not some major catastrophy that was making you feel poopy! Your collection of "potions and powders, pills and playthings" sounds very similar to mine. Why do we invest in all that crap and then do nothing with it? No wonder this weightloss thing is a billion $$ industry!

Melissa: Glad to hear it on the walking tapes. So many people really like them. Maybe they will be the next addition to my weightloss collection!

Mary: WooHoo! Your son is 1/2 way to a new job!! Hurray!!!

Michelle: Good for you throwing the rest of the cake away! You go girl!!!

J-ann: I like the attitute of jump starting the diet while your house is empty. DH is leaving for Mexico in the morning. Unfortunately, I still have both of the boys home.

Well, girls, I just wanted to check in. Gotta get hubby ready to go and I'm working alot Monday and Tuesday. The rest of the week will fill up, I'm sure. See ya later............
Old 09-15-2002, 06:30 PM   #13  
I'm on my way!

Thin I HAD to throw the cake away this morning. It was screaming for me to let it out of the box as soon as I woke up! It was marble cake! And the frosting wasn't that heavy sweet stuff it was a light whipped cream frosting. You know....the stuff to die for!!

Andrew and I went to look at toy boxes today. His Aunt Kim is going to send the money for one....it was that or a swing set but they ain't got none out no more! And the third choice is opening a 529 account. Hummmm.....I bet since the toy box is only $50 she will do the 529 too. She is high maintenance so my brother in law had to get himself a darn good job to keep up with her! she's the one who drives a Lexus. And her 18 yr old son drives a brandy spanking new 2002 Honda Civic Coupe. She's my son's favorite Auntie...actually she is his only Auntie on my side of the family!

Mary you snuck in on me while I was typing last time! My fingers are still crossed for your son! Makes for hard typing!

J-Ann...its so much easier to diet when you are alone. When I lost the 97 lbs I was living alone...I had just moved from Rhode Island to Pennsylvania and knew not a soul here! Then when I found John it was harder to lose and then during pregnancy I lost control totally!

Tina where are you my friend? I too want to know if you washed that arm yet? LOL

I need to go get lunches ready for tomorrow and clothes and get the trash out and give the boy his bath again today! He played in the mud this morning then again this evening!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-15-2002, 06:56 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

I'm just going to see if this works. I don't have a very expensive digital camera, and was just playing with it at the falls. I'm a gotta-have-the-print-pics-in-my-hand kinda girl. So the digital really doesn't thrill me.

Ok, so it doesn't work. It says my file is too big. Anybody know how to shrink the file?

Come on Tina and Melissa, you made your pictures work. Let me know how.
Old 09-15-2002, 09:35 PM   #15  

Kat, I am soooo with you.....I have stuff, books, tapes but ... they don't seem to work while sitting on the shelf, in the closet or in the garage. Go figure.

I, too, have been thinking about how I just have to do it and quit just "planning" to lose weight.

So here it is chicks: I WILL journal all day September 15th, 2002 and can NOT post to you unless I do.

WOW, that made me shiver, but I know I can't lie to you so I will have to do it.

Until...tomorrow.
Closed Thread