Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Hydroxy Cut...

Anyone use this? Does it work? I've been sticking to my diet, going to the gym with my trainer religously and have been losing weight. This week alone I lost 5 lbs. but.... My boyfriend, who is seriously into body building, recommended that I start taking Hydroxy Cut to kinda kick my metabolism into gear... So, I started taking it. Yesterday though, I got hot flashes & felt like I was going to pass out, really pass out... I do currently have the flu, so it could be from that I dont know. I'm curious if any of you have tried this and either had success or horror stories... Please share!
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Extacee, I would caution you against anything that is making you feel like that. You are doing so well on the plan you have in place, are you sure you want to do anything differently? You are seriously not playing when it comes to your weight loss and I know this couldn't have been easy for you. It seems you have the motivation to continue to do very well. Your pace has been steady and solid afterall. Surely by swimsuit season, you will be rocking it.

By the way, I did Alli for a while. It helped and my side effects were minimal. I never felt anything outside my digestive tract.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There are a few previous threads about hydroxycut:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112836

Basically its just a stimulant, similar to caffeine but more intense. Its possible that you could have negative side effects taking such a pill especially if you have an undiagnosed heart condition.

You lost 5 lbs in one week and think you need to take a pill? I think you need to just focus on healthy eating.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 231/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I def do focus on eating healthy & I've been doing really good working out too, but I kinda look at it as if this can make the weight loss go a little quicker, that's not a bad thing.... Is different always bad? I feel like I'm stuck @ this plateau since mid December I've only lost 10 lbs...
Extasee58865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well the thing is that your body is very reluctant to give up fat in general and we all know that through our own weight loss efforts. A healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 lbs per week so 10 lbs since mid december is fantastic and isn't a plateau. If your body finds itself needing to give up more than 2 lbs of fat per week, it may start looking at cutting down what is burning so many calories which means decreased metabolism and your body turning to muscle as fuel in addition to fat as fuel.

Basically, from all I've read, 1% of your weight should be the top weight loss goal per week which for most people is 1-2 lbs per week otherwise you risk a decreased metabolism and muscle loss.

The other thing to remember is that there has been no stimulant pill that has been proven safe and effective. Some stimulant pills may help you burn a few calories a day extra but its similar to drinking caffeine. So you may burn 10 calories extra a day but isn't it much easier to cut those few calories? Stimulant pills usually run high health risk with low benefit and also high cost.

Last edited by nelie; 02-03-2009 at 11:47 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote