Old 02-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy 30 somethings daily chat ~ Mon. Feb 2nd

Happy groundhog day!!!

I have to make a doctors appt. When I was 32 I was diagnose with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia. After years of meds, I went into remission and the RA really felt better. I still deal with the fibro daily. Last week I started feeling the RA coming back and now it is here again. Last time I got sick, it was almost overnight... this time too. I noticed the pain in my ankles and elbows wa back and now it's all over my body.

I will probably have to quit my job and go back to a desk job (if I can find one)... This couldnt happen at a worse time. I need the money that my job provides but won't be able to perform the duties expected for much longer. I was pretty much incapable of doing anything last time.

DH says that there are new meds out now so I will go to the MD and see what I can do. I will call them this morning.

Off to work thru my tears...

Have a good day
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #2  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey there chicks! Back at work after a 4 day "snow-cation!" Hard for me and the kids to get into the flow!!! I had a good weekend, did nothing for the superbowl, except watch the game on the couch, so that I could tell my kids when the 3-d stuff would be on.

I really need to get back to working out! I stayed on my plan, but didn't work out a bit, and stayed static in my weight. I was hoping for another 2 or 3 pound loss, but the way things were last week, I am just glad I didn't gain anything!!

Have a fantastic Monday!!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/174/145

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning everyone! I'm sorry to hear about your illness, Poppyseeds...I hope you start to feel better...

I had an upper endoscopy on Friday (my third one over the years) and they took some biopsies just to check everything out, but it left esophagus so raw and sore. It hurts everytime I swallow, even water. Ugh.

I ate like crap all weekend, but I managed to squeeze in a workout yesterday. I did some jogging video with a lady named Leslie? I really liked it. She's very motivating...I am trying to do light workouts on the weekends using the On Demand Exercise TV on cable. It's free!

I plan on eating healthy today and working out for 45 minutes (cardio & weights).

Have a good day!
snikklebokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #4  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Awwww, Valerie...sounds like the RA is turning your life upside down right now. Just be sure you are fully informed when you go in to your doctor (do A LOT of research about what's available out there) and be sure you're proactive in your treatment! So many people take the doctor's advice as gospel and are afraid to make suggestions (he is, afterall, the one with the degree!!). What we tend to forget or not think about is that we know our bodies better than anyone. Being a doctor is a lot like being a mechanic. There are often several things that can be wrong and often several treatments....some treatments work better than others on different folks. Just be informed when you go in to talk to him....that way you know the care you're getting is quality! Hope everything works out for you....

I've worked out today....I walked over a mile and did stationary bike for 3.5 miles and did some light weights...crunches...worked my legs...total workout time of about an hour. The more I go to the gym, the more I like it! I'm sooo glad! It makes spluring every so often (in eating) not feel nearly as bad! And splurge, I did yesterday during the game! It wasn't horrendous....could've been much worse....but went well over target. It was one day....I don't think it's gonna kill me....I was good all week in anticipation of Sunday. I'd lost about 12 lbs this month (January) as of yesterday morning.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry....I feel like the energizer bunny....I think I'm gonna like working out in the mornings...well, earlier in the mornings than I'm used to!

Have a GREAT DAY everyone! Happy Monday!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #5  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Hi ladies! I am hoping that you wouldn't mind me joining your group! I am starting my journey again today....this time to do it!! I am hoping that I can be support to you all and that you will be to me!! I am just getting over a broken wrist so I am just getting going with being able to do stuff again like tie my shoes so it has been a long 6 weeks!
Looking forward to getting to know you all!!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #6  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hey All... just a quick fly by today.

Same ole same ole from me today. Gym went well, been eating ok, and am hoping to rid of these last few pesky pounds before jumping into my last goal.

Poppy--- Hoping you get some answers about the RA. Thinking about you girl.

Well off for now. Hope everyone has a Good Monday.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #7  
On my way to a size 10!

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon everyone! I'm super excited about this site.
I've got so much to share and so much to learn.
SamanthaJubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/194/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I"m new to the site, and hoping to lose 45 pounds this year. I've started the year out pretty good by exercising 2 hours a day, 3 days a week, doing a good variety of exercise, and noticing inches coming off, but not the weight yet. Of course, eating king cakes doesn't help. Thankfully Mardi Gras will be over with in the next few weeks. I will keep you posted on the progress.
anniedoll30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #9  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

UGH...I'm TIRED! I've done laundry (several loads), changed sheets on my bed, mopped three rooms, done dishes from superbowl party...this is all since my last post @ 11:15...after working out. On target for eating, too...I'm making it a good day....have to after yesterday.

anniedoll, We're kinda neighbors.....you're in the south end of the state, I'm in NW part. We, thankfully (for caloric sake) aren't into Mardi Gras. We may take the kiddos to a parade, but that's about the extent of our celebration. Hope you have fun, tho'.

:Welcome: to you, too Samantha! Glad you're here with us to share experiences!

Bye for now!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Today turned out to be a better day than I thought, but I have been busy, busy. Sorry for the drive-by posting.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome newbies!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Valerie -

I ate a bunch of crap today. Bummer. And I didn't run. So, I am feeling pretty icky, but tomorrow is another day, after all.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 247/247/200

Height: 5'4

stopping by before bed . been a busy day here , kids had a 2 hour delay for school ( not sure why ) then laundry , clean the bathroom, get in my bereakfast & lunch shakes , then errands in town , then dinner ( chili on top of baby potato skins ) , shoer, now off to bed ........phew
rainenroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #14  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone!

First day of new job was good. Seemed a little long, but I think I just need to get used to actually working again! Ha!
Anyway, seems like a great company to work for and I look forward to my training (actually in training through March 6th).

Sorry I'm not talking too much, I just need to get some stuff done before bed. But, thanks for all the well wishes everyone!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote