Old 02-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default FEBRUARY NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I am really into corsets. I had a small black one when I weighed between 190-210. I grew out of it, later I bought a bigger oen when I weighed 275 and it was a smidge snug and then...I...grew out of that one too. Now mind you a custom corset is not a CHEAP piece of clothing...

So last night I tried on the bigger one (gorgeous black with red cherry blossom chinese brocade) and not only did it fit, but there is only about a 3 inch gap in the back betweenthe laces! ANd that is not even laced tight it's just laced 'Comfortably tight" LOL>

I'm SO excited to be able to wear this again!

Last edited by lottie63; 02-01-2009 at 12:16 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/176.2/150

Height: 5'3"

I've only lost about ten pounds, but I didn't realize what a difference that would make. I bought a shirt in November to wear out on my birthday, but it was WAY too tight. Well, I went out last night and wore the shirt. It looked great and I got a few compliments, too!

Then today, I went to JC Penney to return something and decided to look at the clothes. I usually have to shop in the plus sizes, but I picked up a few XL shirts to try on. They fit really well, but I didn't buy any of them because I figure if I keep at it, they will be too big by March.

So, this was a pretty good weekend for me!
anmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

thats awesome!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I ate out twice today (friends visiting) and stayed within calorie limits. In the past I wouldn't have bother tracking on a day like today, so this is a big step for me.

I love your NSV Lottie. I can't wait until some of my lingerie items fit better. (I'm sure my hubby can't wait either!)
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #6  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I can sit at my desk for hours on end without getting sore and/or tired. I used to do so many things lying down, like watching tv, but now I sit up and enjoy it.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I can buckle my seat belt in the van without raising the arm... I don't take up the entire width of the seat anymore!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #8  
career counselor a-gogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
I can buckle my seat belt in the van without raising the arm... I don't take up the entire width of the seat anymore!!!
Woohoo!!

You are going to hit those magical 200's soon, it is going to happen!!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:58 PM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

dammit I better!!! It's taking soooooo looooooong. lol!!! I just want to see 2-- on the scale INSTEAD of 3--. 299.8 would be good enough for me!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:44 AM   #10  
career counselor a-gogo

It's taking so long? Well ok I understand when you're that close but I think you are losing so fast that sometimes I'm jealous! So don't worry it will get here sooner than you think and then you will do an amazing happy dance right on the scale!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #11  

Height: 5ft6'

When I started this journey in Jan I was walking at 4mph for 15-20 min. It is February 2nd and today I walked at 4.8mph for 50min...and I jogged for the last 5 min at 5mph. Wooohhhooo!!!
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #12  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Every workday at lunch, I walk for about 40 mins up and down hills. It's a great workout. I've been doing this in my regular business casual clothes, which is not really a problem.

But I've decided that I'd like to change into my workout gear so I can really go all-out and not worry about sweating, so today I brought my VERY FORM-FITTING pants and exercise bra and t-shirt to work and changed into them for my walk. Various people even saw me in these things, and I am not ashamed in the least. In fact, I'm even thinking of getting some shorter pants to wear so my legs can start getting some sun.

Also, every time I look in a mirror these days, I am just stunned by the pretty woman I see looking back at me; she's got lovely hair, radiant skin, shining eyes, and her natural pear-shaped curviness has returned. WOW.

My mom tells me I look great every time I see her. I love my mom
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Today I changed my mind on dinner twice.

First I wanted something that would have pushed me to my calorie limit - and would have meant I couldn't have a snack tonight and if I ended up caving I'd go over budget - But I opted for the healthier option.

Then because I was so hungry when I got home I was thinking of a larger portion. I decided to drink some water, then think about how hungry I really was - and put some of it back in the fridge.

Yay for better choices
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #14  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Great job everyone on all these great NSV's!

I checked my resting heart rate a couple morning ago...yep, slept with my HR monitor on...and over the course of a few months it has gone from near 70 to 56!! Gotta love cardio!

Last edited by Nori71; 02-02-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Tonight I was working out at the gym with my personal trainer. We were in the stretching/boxing/multi-purpose room doing my ball curl hip up thingys...there was a young man in there that I see all the time hitting the speed bag. My trainer complimented him on how he's getting better at the speed bag. The guy turned to me and said, "Speaking of getting better, you are looking great!"

Be still my heart.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote