Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 09:52 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #61

Stay at home Mom's #61

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #60 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny
Old 09-04-2002, 09:55 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello. So far I have one off to school. Ds has his first day today- after staying up until the wee hours trying to finish the journal that he was supposed to be completing weekly during the summer . Despite all my nagging he left it till the last minute........sort of like the infamous Robert Louis Stevenson report of last spring! (anyone have some advil?) Both Dd's start tomorrow.

I got a 15 minute walk in this am. That might be it for today with all that I must get done.

Gotta go and wade a path thru the rubble of my house.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 09-04-2002, 10:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Well today is my son's first day of preschool. He was fine. I, on the other hand, cried my eyes out. He only goes for a half day so I think he'll have a good time. It's just hard to let my baby boy go. I suppose it will be the same with my daughter when she's old enough. I'm too emotional. Oh well, TOM is here and wreaking havoc. Cramps galore. Still have to get my exercise in for the day. Hopefully that will help.
Steph
Old 09-04-2002, 10:23 AM   #4  
One day at a time.

Re-post from SAHM # 60

Hi Jackie, I'm happy to see that you're here and everything is alright! Those Tornados really scare me, and to think we knowingly moved into Tornado alley here? Duh, but I guess ones as bad as the other, cause in La. we we're threatened with Hurricanes! And WOW, MRS. MCGUYVER (sp) fixed your monitor with tweezers and a pen cap. I sure wish I was that handy with things!

Well, the results are in, I only lost .8 lb. this week. But it's not like I didn't know, I still feel bloated from TOM and very congested too, from this awful head cold! I ended up not calling the Dr. about my cold, cause I'm taking some pretty good cold medicine and I really don't want to spend money on a Dr. right now. I'll give it a couple more days, and hopefully it'll clear up? As for me being OP, I'm trying to really tighten down again. I've only eaten my minimum for the last two days, and I'm gonna get back into my workouts today! I also didn't drink enough water yesterday, so I need to focus on that too.

Sassy, I feel for you and those canker sores, I get them from time to time and they're pretty painful! I hope they're gone soon, and I'm glad y'all really enjoyed the DMB!!

Spryng, Just get up and hop back on that horse! One bad day won't ruin your efforts, so long as you take advantage of the new start you have today. And you know what, Will Power gets stronger every time you use it! I've learned that from experience, so just stop and think "Do I really want that?" and "Am I going to regret eating this?" Our Dh will sabbotage our good intentions every chance they get, if we let them! So put your foot down, and tell him you're trying to get healthy for yourself and for the baby you're thinking about having, and I bet he'll understand and support you! OK, I'm sorry for preaching, but I woke up so motivated today and I thought I would share it with y'all!
So PLEASE don't take it the wrong way, I'm just trying to share my $0.02 with friends.

Well, I hope I didn't upset anyone with my point of view, cause I sure enjoy the friendship and support I get from all of you special ladies!

Gotta get Ds ready for school, TTYL

Total lost 39 lbs. since 6-11-02
274.2/235.2/135

Last edited by mel17; 09-04-2002 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-04-2002, 03:22 PM   #5  

Hi all!!!!

Just a really quick note to let you all know that I'm still here!!! I've been soooo busy and dh has been tinkering with the computer! We had dh birthday this weekend and then yesterday my little baby girl turned one!!!

I have to get ready for work so I don't have time for personal messages! Hope all is going well for everyone! I know I need to get back to exercising...my allergies have been killing me and leaving me very little energy! Tonight after work I promise to do my WOTP tape and I already took the kids for a short bike ride this AM!

Talk to you all soon I hope!!!

Tami
230/215/???
Old 09-04-2002, 04:21 PM   #6  

Hi, all. I went to Planned Parenthood today, and I am undoubtedly pregnant. I thought this was too cute... My daughter saw a jar full of birth control, and asked (quite loudly) "Mommy, can I have some candy??" To which I replied, "That's not candy, honey." "Well, then what is it?" "It's birth control, sweetie." Then, very loudly, "Mommy, can I have some birth control?" It was quite embarrassing. It was nice though, that she was able to give all the tense possible mothers-to-be a good laugh. She's always good for that.

I guess I can't diet anymore. Sigh. Everyone can watch my stats go up! With good reason, I guess.

Have a great day, all.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

SO New Horizons, how far along do you think/know you are and when are you due?? I'm so excited for you.
Jackie I am so glad you are back!
Tami I'm glad you are back and doing well, hope you can find time to post more often we miss you!
OK, well today has been an emotional one. But turned out really well. I've acyually been OP all day so far. But am not feeling so great. I have a head cold too that is driving my nuts and now I'm a bit quesy. I bought some sudafed that I took earlier and it worked great but then I took a nap to wake up all congested and pressure building again (only on my left side of the head, strange.) Hopefully it passes soon. But my eating has been good so far today so that makes me happy.
Well, guess I need to get off here. It's time to find something for dinner.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:54 PM   #8  

Oh I forgot to mention to Melissa, you didn't say anything wrong! Your .02 cents was much appreciated!! I know I just need to "DO IT" and stop making excuses why I haven't or won't. I want to be in good physical shape for this next baby to be and that takes will power like you said. Your words are always appreciated and thank you for caring!
Old 09-05-2002, 12:43 PM   #9  
baj

Good morning!!!!!
Just got done burning my 400 calories for the day. It is so strange that I can burn that much and eat what I do and still not lose even 1 pound. I can tell a big difference in the mirror but the scale will not budge!!! hey it is all about the look though right?LOL
went for my yearly yesterday---whoopty do!!!
I would rather do that then go to the dentist and I have to do that next week!!
Had over a thousand calories in the bank so decided to have pizza last night and a couple glasses of wine. still have thousand calories in the bank and the scale is still the same. It is the week after TOM which used to be a good week but maybe not this month.
Well I got to clean this pig sty--- before the little piggy gets home from kindergarden!!!
Don;t forget the water!

Anna
Old 09-05-2002, 02:12 PM   #10  

Sounds like your day is going well Anna! What do you do exercise on that burns so much cals?? I get on my bike for 20 minutes an am lucky to burn 180 cals. (but that doesn't include what I burn with my arms)
Well my day is right on track. had a healthy breakfast and lunch so far, exercised for 15 minutes so far (I'm going for another 15 minutes later tonight) and have got in a good amount of water. So I'm happy with myself. I hope everyone else is having a great OP day!!
Old 09-05-2002, 04:54 PM   #11  
One day at a time.

Hi,

It's been a busy day here, but I wanted to stop in for a few minutes. SPRYNG, sounds like you're having a good day, keep up the good work! And you too ANNA, I wouldn't worry about those scale, all they do is play mind games with us! I haven't gotten on my treadmill, but I've been plenty busy! We're trying to get ready to make a quick trip to pick up a new addition to our kennel. So I won't be around much this weekend, but I'll try to check in tomorrow. I've been so busy today, I haven't really eaten much, or drank much water either, so I'm about to go do some catching up! I'm also gonna try to get in a few minutes on the treadmill too! I'll try to check in later.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:50 AM   #12  
baj

Hey all you losers!!!! get it ha ha...
I hope you are anyway because Im not.

The scale did not budge again today. I am about to throw that thing thru the window. My calorie budget keeps going down on my diet power because I am not losing any weight right now it is at 991 I still have about 1000 in the bank I am just getting kind of frustrated. I want this so bad I thought that this would be the thing to keep me on track. and it is in a way. but it is just not budging the pounds. maybe the whoosh fairy will come if I keep it up.
People are coming to measure my bedroom for new carpet today!!! DH and I bought a new head board and foot board the other day and we miseaswell paint and floor all at the same time and do it right. It won't be here until Nov. probably so it will be an extra early Christmas present. It is one of the pine beds that look like logs it should look really good.
Anyway I am not going to exercise today--- SPRYNG--I have an elliptical trainer I love it. I thought for along time that I was only burning 40 calories in 20 min until I started asking around and looking at exercise logs and figured out it was really 400. My Dr. told me that 20 min of exercise only burnt enough to burn an apple--why do it then --just don;t eat the apple.....
well I am off to shower before the measure people get here I better hurry or I will scare them away...

Anna
Old 09-06-2002, 03:13 PM   #13  
One day at a time.

Hi,

I just stopped in to say HI and BYE! I'm getting things ready to leave, then we have to drop Ds off at a friends house. I finally feel like my cold is improving a little, so hopefully things can get back to normal when I get back home. I'm doing good with my eating and water, I just have to pick back up with my exercise ASAP! Y'all have a good week end, and I'll talk to y'all later!
Old 09-07-2002, 01:53 PM   #14  
Searching for Motivation

Hi ladies!

Well, it seems that I have less time and energy than I thought and therefore, I'll probably only check in on weekends - unless I have a really good day and some extra time to boot! I have decided that I will not get on the pc (to post/chat) when my kids are awake - I need to be spending my time more wisely and hours can go by on this thing without even a blink! Not to mention that I get interrupted 100 million times anyway!

So.........I'm sad cause I'll miss checking in everyday and replying personally to you all but I think this is the best thing for now . I will definitly try to skim the posts and reply some but my memory is usually pretty bad - so I'll do what I can. Obviously, I won't post my food intake for the week (too long!) but I will give an overview of that as well as exercise.

This week was a tough one! After not getting much sleep over the Labor Day weekend, I had to go back to work on Tues and I was just not used to having to get up (and stay up ) so early in the am! I have to leave my house by 7:30am to get to work by 8 - and that's on a good-weather day. Besides the fact that I have to get the girls up and fix their hair, which can be a nightmare in and of itself !! Oh yeah, did I mention I, too, have to get ready? I work in a bank and dress code is pretty stuffy, so I get to play dress-up every am - woo hoo!! (not). I am a jogging pants and t-shirt kinda gal - so wearing panty hose everyday is not exactly my bag, baby! Anyway, point being, I have been really tired all week and not a whole lot of exercise got done .

I exercised 2 out of the 5 days this week and I plan to do it today. I skipped my aerobics cause I just couldn't bear the idea of jumping around for an hour - pathetic? Yeah, I know.

My hope is that I'll get used to this new schedule pretty quickly and things will iron out and I'll have more energy in the evenings again. (crossing my fingers!!!!)

Anyway, babbled enough for now. I'll try to get in tomorrow too since dh is home on weekends and I don't have to worry about "Mommy, what are you doing?", "Mommy, can you read me what it says on the computer?", etc. . Take care ladies!
Old 09-08-2002, 02:01 PM   #15  
baj

Sassiepie glad to hear that you are still hanging in there.
Is'nt it just weird how things happen over the summer and when Sept. gets here it just all goes to pot for a week or so?
I am kind of glad that I have some sort of a schedule now. It seems easier to get things done.

Well finally the scales moved today unless someone was playing with the button....... wouldn't suprize me. maybe I should buy one of the digital kind then nobody could mess with it. haha
Went to a stamping up party lst night--ah it was okay--I am a ceramic painter so ---I just don't work well with scissors I guess.

Well I am off to eat some thing...what will it be????????
Have a great day

Anna
Closed Thread