Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

Default Lost 7 lbs eating DELICIOUS food on Diet to Go

I am doing the happy dance!!! I decided to stick w/it for a few more weeks as my budget is happier on this before starting on Bistro. Had the Shrimp Fettucini, Broccoli Florets, Honey Wheat Roll for dinner tonight and thought...wow, I have to eat THIS (yummy fettucine) to lose weight.
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

I lost 5.8 pounds the first week I did Diet to go, I did the low carb meal. I thought the food was real good.
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:00 AM   #3  

What I like about it is the variety. If I get tired of low-fat, I can try low carb one week or two and then vegetarian another week. All the menus look amazing. And congrats on the weight loss! I might try the low carb to jump start my weight loss.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/234/165

Height: 5'10"

I have a question about Diet to Go. When I called their customer service, I asked what foods do we get to use for snacks, and the person told me that there are NO SNACKS allowed on Diet to Go...just 3 meals a day that they send you. No additional dairy, fruit or veggies. She said to me, "You want to lose weight, don't you?!? You can't snack and lose weight." That bugged me, and that was why I decided to go with ediets. So my question is to those of you on Diet to Go, are you allowed snacks?
Thanks,
TripMom
TripMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #5  

Well thanks to Cheeseheader we have a new thread dedicated to Diet To Go, but I thought I would answer you in here since they probably won't all get merged.

First off, I would have said something to her about her attitude because that's ridiculous and unnecessary. The customer service people are wonderful however the two salespeople are a little strange to be honest. The guy is super intense and you can totally tell he is working out of his home (at least try to convey a different image you know). He did tell me that the other salesperson who is a female often tells people that they should not eat any other food while on their plan, but that this is not something he agrees with. So you must have gotten her. He told me that you should have a little milk or string cheese or an apple or something in between meals if you get hungry and shaky. Personally I would have done that on my own anyway because you don't want your blood sugar to plummet. They don't offer snacks on their program which I am totally cool with because most companies give you soy based snacks that are not good for people like me with thyroid disorders and I can buy my own fruit and string cheese and milk.

The low carb plans leaves you feeling full for longer periods of time due to the protein, however I am a chocoholic and usually have one ChocoPerfection low carb chocolate bar per day (and a glass of milk usually). I am losing weight just fine although they do put more calories in their meals so you do need to watch the snacking a bit. The meals are more satisfying and delicious than any other meal plan I have tried however the meals themselves total about 1200-1400 on average calories per day.

Also it's never one size fits all so that advice she gave you was just dumb dumb and more dumb. Anyway good luck to you in any choice that you make!
PrincessDietMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:27 AM   #6  

I'm pretty satisfied with the meals that are given. I will have a hard boiled egg or an apple or something a few hours after my lunch as I go straight to the gym after work. So I have a late dinner and it's important for me to have the snack. It's low in calories so it's not much of a difference. The lady may have jumped the gun and was assuming the snack was a huge bag of potato chips or something. Can't see an 80 calorie hard boiled egg hurting your efforts too much. It's nice that all veggies, etc are included. Sure beats nutrisystem (which I had tried one time).
Old 01-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #7  

Actually I have heard from a couple people now that she does this all the time. It was not her jumping the gun. She is adamant about people not eating between meals period. Even the other rep said that they butt heads over this because if you get her, she will tell you not to eat anything in between meals and if you get him, he feels you should do so if you need to.

It's actually dangerous advice to give because if you are diabetic or in the early stages of pre-diabates (many do not even know they are in this stage) telling people to not snack between three meals a day can be dangerous advice to give. People who are insulin resistant, pre diabeteic, diabetic or who suffer from hypoglycemia need to keep their blood sugar levels stabilized. Going for hours like that without anything in your system is not such a hot idea for these types people. She's even admonished people for even bringing up the idea of having any other food in between the meals as seen here by a member who stated as such. It's not the best advice. Ideally you should eat at least 5 times a day even if they are small meals or small snacks. I think the guy there is at least more reasonable and sound when it comes to issues like this. If even one client who is diabetic takes her advice and fights not to eat anything in between meals and gets sick, she could find herself in some hot water.

Last edited by PrincessDietMuch; 01-30-2009 at 05:28 PM.
PrincessDietMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #8  

Princess I totally agree with you...... about snacks.. I don't think I could do a plan without something mid meals.

One suggestion....They have a dietitian.... why not address your questions to her.... the rep's are just clerks and so should NOT be giving out health advise. They do need to clarify this as they sell snacks so they obviously recommend them for many people....

Don't they provide snacks on the low fat plan ? I can't remember but thought there was something.
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #9  
MF'er

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'2" (5'3" on a big hair day)

snacks are listed on their mail order page. they have quite a variety. (scroll down)

http://www.diettogo.com/0108web/orderonline.htm

Last edited by MsFB; 01-31-2009 at 01:49 PM.
MsFB is offline   Reply With Quote