Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Default Request: Asian meal for potluck

I was hoping someone could help me. I'm going to a potluck on Sunday, and the host requested that I bring something ethnic, preferably Asian. It needs to be something that can be either served room temperature, or kept warm (for up to 2 hours) in a crockpot. And, I'm adventurous, but Asian cooking isn't my specialty, so it would be nice if it were something easy and/or forgiving.

I was thinking some kind of curry - either Thai or Indian, but I don't know how well they would keep and I'm sure the Thai curry isn't terribly healthy. Any healthier ideas, or thoughts from more experienced cooks?

Thanks!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:01 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Does it have to be traditional? You can try sushi rolls which are fun but take practice.

Here is a Sushi Salad that I've been wanting to try. Its basically the ingredients of a vegetable sushi roll in a salad. It looks yummy. Its not traditional asian but it looks good:

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/10/sushi-salad.html
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I make a Spring Roll Salad. Mix rice stick noodles with fresh mint, fresh basil and fresh cilantro. With your vegetable peeler, put in shreds of carrots and cucumber. Put in as many boiled shrimp as you like. The dressing is Plum sauce and Peanut sauce mixed. SERIOUS YUM and easy!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Ooh, thanks for those. That's out of the box and looks interesting - sometimes I get so caught up in "traditional" thinking I forget other stuff is out there.

Would still love to hear more ideas if anyone has them. I do enjoy trying to new food ideas, and this could be my next cooking spree.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote