Old 01-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #1  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Smile Getting Your Signature

I have to ask because I was so excited about getting my signature. Does everyone realize how exciting it to finally get your signature on here? I mean I started on here on January 1st and learned I couldn't get my signature until I was on here for 20 days and 20 posts. I have been losing weight since then but was unable to show it. It felt so good when I got my own signature and was able to see it in public. It makes me feel like I am answering to someone besides myself. I love it so much I can't wait to watch the ticker go towards the healthy side of life! Good luck to everyone who is just starting on 3FC, its worth the wait to get your signature. Congratulations to everyone that already has one.

P.S. The reason you have to wait for your signature is because of the silly spam bots that try to come in and interupt a fantastic forum! Huggers

Last edited by Shannon; 01-25-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Add information
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Ahhhh! I just asked that questions in the January 2009 thread. I created a ticker and it seems to be showing, but I wonder if it will disappear until I get my 20 posts in. Well..only 2 more posts to go till I hit 20, so I'd better get busy!

PS...I love this place!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #3  

I just got mine yesterday. I was counting down until I could get it. I must have signed up pretty late in the day when I joined because it was after 11 PM last night when I was finally able to create one. I had fun creating it and can see that I will want to change the look of it here and there for fun. It does make it worth it the wait as it is pretty exciting when you can finally do one. Plus like you said Shannon it makes you more accountable seeing it right there in front of you.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
I just got mine yesterday. I was counting down until I could get it. I must have signed up pretty late in the day when I joined because it was after 11 PM last night when I was finally able to create one. I had fun creating it and can see that I will want to change the look of it here and there for fun. It does make it worth it the wait as it is pretty exciting when you can finally do one. Plus like you said Shannon it makes you more accountable seeing it right there in front of you.
Yeah, the ticker is fun. Plus I am a "data" person, so I like seeing the progress on tickers, graphs, and charts. The accountability aspect of it is minor to me; in fact, I tend to do *worse* when I feel like other people are examining every morsel I eat. That's why I tend to not tell anyone when I am changing my ways. Because my plan (and the plans of many of you) are different from conventional deprivation dieting, I don't like having to justify or explain to observers why it's OK that I'm having my slice of pizza or my cookie.

There is a young man at work who is quite overweight and I suspect that he is trying to change his ways, because I've noticed he's snacking on fruits and vegetables lately. I haven't said anything because maybe he's like me; self conscious about people examining his food choices. But another co-worker blurted out, "'Fred', why are you eating carrots? I've never seen you eat healthy before!". Poor 'Fred'; nothing like being put on the spot and humiliated in front of the whole room! Why do people feel the need to do that?

Anyway--I'm rambling. Yes, I like seeing my progess on my ticker, but please, people--don't hound me about it if it doesn't move or goes in the wrong direction!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #5  

Speaking of hounding why do people do that? I belong to a small group at my church and we meet on Thursday nights. Of course there is always a big spread of unhealthy food there. I usually bring a snack for myself of some type of fruit. They usually hound me about how I am preparing it such as I hate those white strings on oranges and clementines. I pick them all off. It gives me something to do with my hands too. I was mercilessly teased about doing this the last meeting. Makes it hard when you are trying your best. Oh well, I guess I need to feel good that I am trying to be healthy and just let it roll off my back but I wish some people would be more supportive. Plus at the end of the same night they sent home a Strawberry Struedel Cake with my hubby. Real nice, huh, LOL?!?!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #6  
Jamaica Bound

Hey windchime, your post to me was number 23, your there!!! Wooo way to go girl !!!!!!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Hey windchime, your post to me was number 23, your there!!! Wooo way to go girl !!!!!!

Yay for me! I hope to become a "regular" here. Hopefully you guys don't get sick of me but I really find it helpful to be here.

I have been reading here about Greek yogurt and bought a couple of small containers of it today to try out. I bought a plain and a vanilla, and also bought a little bag of frozen blueberries to maybe mix in if I decide I want to.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #8  
Jamaica Bound

You could even blend the blueberries in the yogurt then freeze it for a little bit and you end up with ice cream or a slushie. I always love to try new things! Gives you a good change of pace!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
You could even blend the blueberries in the yogurt then freeze it for a little bit and you end up with ice cream or a slushie. I always love to try new things! Gives you a good change of pace!
That sounds yummy. I'll give it a try--thanks !
Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 AM   #10  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I too love to see my progress on the ticker.

This morning I reached one of my mini goals..... I am no longer obese!!!
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #11  

Congrats CruiseCAT on getting out of the obese category!! That must feel awesome! Keep up the good work!!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 221/218/145

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation Signature

So I can't get a signature until I have 20 posts?
just jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/175/155

Woo Hoo! I just made my ticker. Now I can enjoy seeing the progress.
bikini bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #14  
Visualize the beach....

S/C/G: 235/205/127

Height: 5'4"

Is it 20 posts and 20 days together, or just one?
bikinidreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #15  
Visualize the beach....

S/C/G: 235/205/127

Height: 5'4"

Default Congrats CruiseCat!

That's a goal I'm definitely looking forward to as well!
bikinidreamin is offline   Reply With Quote