Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #1  

Question Herbal Magic??? has anyone tried it?

So I have herd alot about herbal magic but never gotten the chance to talk to anyone that's actually tryed it. I was wondering what your thoughts on it are and if it has worked for anyone on here. I herd that you are still allowed to have alcohol while on it (which would be awsome seeing as I love having a beer or a drink at the end of the day). I was also wondering if anyone knew how much it costs, I heard it was about $1000.00 a month. If anyone could give me a little extra info.. that would be much appreciated. thanks
GypsyCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'3"

I've never heard anything about it but that is pretty expensive for a diet if true.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down Not worth it!

Hi, I've tried Herbal Magic, it's very expensive approx $1000.00 to start up, plus $52.00 per week for the supplements, plus another $28.00 once a month for another supplement. The diet is very very strict, plus they want you go weigh in 3times per week. And if you ever do cheat the consultants treat you like you committed a crime. The consultants should be people that have had weight issue. One of the consultant where I was going was a fitness model. Anytime I commented on the plan she would say "you should see what I need to eat before of of my competitions". In 3 months I lost 15 months (no cheating at all) for the little amount of food your allowed (between 1200-1300 calories per day), 5lbs per month is not much weight when you have 80lbs to lose. After 3months I was discouraged and just stopped going.
df1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #4  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

Hi there.. I have done HM, went on sabbatical for a bit and now am back. I am very fortunate my counsellors are very good, understanding people that do not push a hard sell for supplements. Maybe you can afford, them, maybe you can't, in the end it is up to you in my opinion. One of them (chromagic0 really does help with those blasted cravings.

I have tried so many different diets over time..this one seems to work..and it isn't that strict of a food plan I find either there is an eat out menu planner, a frozen entreee one as well.. Lots to chose from. Plus you get the one on one attention. The 1st 2 weeks they ask you to come in 5 times a week, to help guide you...
Personally, I think it is worth it. I aske dfor the entire fee up front to figure it out..and I can say, I could either spend it some other stupid way, or take care of myself this way. I need to be accountable and be able to eat things I liked. I tried Nutrisystem again last year for a month.. over 400 for a month of food and most of it was icky...Most of it still sits in the cupboard as well.

hope this helps
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/189.2/165

Height: 5ft6in

Not sure if I wanted to own up to this right away or not, but why not jump right in and be up front, right?

I am currently going to HM, I think it is very expensive, but am putting out the cash, because it is working for me. I feel any "diet" will work for someone if they follow and are willing to be in a lifestyle change for the long haul. I plan on leaving the clinic soon after I reach my goal, BUT i will never leave the way of life they have taught me. I have never ever felt more on top of my body and my eating, ever, on any diet, ever. (Did I mention never ever? =)) (Little dramatic, I know, but hey , it's how I feel folks.)

The cost ridiculous, the results for me? Priceless. As a matter of fact the $ is my one and only complaint with these people.
hockeywboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/186/140

Height: 5'2

I agree with you hockeywboyz.... it does cost more money than other diets but.... it works!!! I love it. I have lost 60 lbs in about 6 months!!!
keoughj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #7  
Mistakes Don't Define Me

S/C/G: 328.6/272.0/160

Height: 5'7"

I am currently on it....and I can say honestly its probably the easiest thing I have ever done, like said by others, NOT easy on the bank account, im sure its lost more weight than I have to date ha ha. But in all honesty I don't find it too strict, I eat normal foods that everyone else eats, its more about portion than anything else. For someone that needs to feel 'accountable' for their weight it helps. Before my thinking was if nobody sees me eat this whole pizza, it doesnt count. Well now although i could still eat an entire pizza, someone will find out when i weigh in haha. I have been on the plan since Dec 1 2008 and have lost just shy of 30lbs (.4 to be exact ha ha). I started at 328.6 and am now 299.0. No longer in the 3's ha ha!
UglyFatFriend is offline   Reply With Quote