Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default Body for Life Challenge...

Is anyone else doing a Body for Life Challenge now? i'm on week one and was wanting to chat with others doing this same routine perhaps. There used to be a thread here. How about another one?
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:48 PM   #2  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

I'm not doing a challenge, but thought I'd bump the thread for you. You can always join us on the January 2009 chat thread. We'll talk about it with you and give you some , no problem! I do like the BFL pyramid sets or drop sets, or whatever they're called. I use those when I really want to be cryin' for my mama. They're especially evil on isolation exercises like preacher curls. Which, I thought I'd never do curls, but I confess, I love preachers and seated incline curls...oh, the pain!!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #3  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I signed up for it, but I'm continuing my current routine. I'm about to utilize the free month at Bally though since my free 30-days at 24-Hour Fitness is about up. Once I get going in my new job, I'm going to join a gym, but I'm trying them out so I can see which one best fits me.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hey Shannon! Is BFL giving away the bally's pass too now, or maybe you're talking about the Discovery Channel national body challenge?

Horsey, I do the BFL weight lifting part incl. the 3 sets of increasing weight with decreasing reps. I do my own eating plan tho. Yeah, screamin' for my momma IS what I'm doing right now cheryl. And I did incline bicep curls today too, funny you should mention! Like CHeryl said Horsey, I shared my pain on the January thread, so do feel free to join us over there. Tons of those regular posters have done the BFL challenges and can give tips on the eating and workout plan.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:35 AM   #5  

I'm thinking about it. But is it necessary that you use EAS supplements to do the challenge?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:59 AM   #6  
Mel

No (to the supplements). If you officially enter, you have to show that you actually bought an EAS product (at least those were the rule a long time ago), but you can dump them down the drain if you want.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #7  

Anyone have some inside knowledge on how they decide who the winner is?

What are they basing it on?

Forgive my ignorance, but I only have a superficial awareness of the contest.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote