Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #1  

Default Happy Chocolate Cake Day

I had a great virtual chocolate cake for you, but because I am new, I could not post the link. You can see it on my blog: decadesinthemaking

I wanted to post this, and also a recipe or 2 so you can have your chocolate cake and eat it too

MELTED TRUFFLE CAKES

4 ounces dark chocolate (Dark or 70% cocoa Valor)
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup Nature Sweet Powdered or Crystals
1 tablespoon Irish Cream OR SF DaVinci Irish Cream syrup
2 eggs
1 tablespoon flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter four-4 ounce ramekins or custard cups and place on a baking sheet.
In a medium microwave-safe bowl heat chocolate and butter on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 25 seconds or so until melted. Allow to cool slightly. Whisk in the Nature Sweet, Irish Cream, and eggs until well blended. Whisk in the flour just until smooth. Divide mixture evenly between the prepared cups. Bake for ONLY 8-10 minutes or until just set on the top and still quite soft in the middle. Allow to cool for a moment and serve. Makes four servings.

(Do not panic...it's once a year!) Per Serving: 257 Cal; 4 g Protein; 27 g Tot Fat; 2 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 0 g Sugar; 210 mg Sodium

Black Forest Mocha Cake

3/4 cup butter, cut into pieces: you can use applesauce instead or half and half
Six ounces sugar-free dark or 70% cocoa chocolate
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
4 large eggs
2/3 cup Nature Sweet powdered or Splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Splenda-sweetened cherry pie filling or sugar-free raspberry jam, warmed
Whipped cream

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease eight 4-ounce custard cups. Microwave the butter, chocolate, and instant coffee one minute or until butter is melted. Stir to melt chocolate completely. Set aside to cool.

In a medium bowl beat eggs, sugar sub, and vanilla with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in chocolate mixture. Stir together flour and cinnamon in a small bowl and add to batter, folding in just until incorporated. Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Place cups on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or just until firm on edges and soft in the center. Cool cakes for 5 minutes and invert onto dessert plate. Spoon pie filling over cake and top with splenda sweetened whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings. Per Serving: 216 Cal; 5 g Protein; 21 g Tot Fat; 8 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 1 g Sugar; 88 mg Sodium

Diane
dianek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #2  
DRUG FREE

S/C/G: 165/153/130

Height: 5'8''

Never say chocolate cake!! D:

Ha, just kidding. They sound delicious.
MISFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Sounds really good, but I'm not sure I can trust myself around chocolate cake yet. Maybe some day!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote