Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default So what is 10lbs...Inspiration for you!

Something else to inspire all of you...

I know when you have a lot to lose that sometimes it is overwhelming...Ok drowning! But as each week goes by it seems to get easier and easier.
Suddenly, you can see a light at the end of the tunnel...might be far away but it is there. We all dream of the day where we are not long in a place where we are not happy with ourselves. I have learned over the years at my many attempts at weight loss that you must REALLY REALLY want it in order for it to happen. Before you know it 10, 20, 30...lbs are all gone.

When starting out we get discouraged, frustrated, and sometimes the devil on our other shoulder makes us eat things we are not suppose to (or we eat 10 times as much as we intended). When I started this battle some weeks ago (3 days before Christmas for me) I was 297. This morning I came in at 280....ahh victory. At 290 I took some measurements for those times when I was discouraged or did not think this was working, well here is what in 10lbs...

From 290 to 280 here is what I have lost (besides 10lbs):

Bust: -2"
Bust line: -1.5"
Mid Section: -1.5"
Belly button: -.5"
Middle Tummy fat roll: -2"
Thighs: -1.75"

So with this said....10lbs may not be a lot when you have 100 to lose, but it is rather fun to watch it "come off", literally!!!
Luvbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That's awesome! I know that I religiously take my measurements every sunday whether I've lost or not and it ALWAYS shows a change. It's helpful when the scale is stuck stuck.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #3  

Really great post... It is so fun watching it come off inch by inch....
Another way I like to see it come off is in the way I can move around better.
10 lbs does make the difference in the way I can go about my daily routine..
I just think about how much better 100 lbs off will feel.. it is a small light at the end of the tunnel But it is burning ever so bright!
I am moving toward the light!!!!!!!!!!!!
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #4  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

good job! i started around the same time as you (dec.22nd) and have lost 8 pounds. i measured on dec. 29th but havent measured again. i think i will though...
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #5  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Great post. I can tell that my clothes are feeling smaller, but the scale doesn't want to inch down from 255. I have my valentines goal set at 249, and I still have time, but need it to move. I will go home and measure tonight.

Thanks for posting this. And congrats on the loss, in pounds AND inches. Good for you!

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #6  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

That's great... I have been putting off taking my measurements. I will do that tonight after work.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Great post! I really should take my measurments. I think you may just have inspired me to finally do so.
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #8  
Zaria9999

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5"4

Awesome post. Thanks for encouraging me to push through the tiredness and measure again tonight. The scale says I've lost 8lbs, but I'm feeling so awesome it's like I've lost 20! You're so right, every little bit helps... and slowly does it nicely!
Zaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

I've been meaning to do my measurements also...I will need to get a tape measure but I think it's worth doing. My DD has dance tonight...maybe a pit stop at Walmart might be needed. Thanks for the encouragement!!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Yes!! I love seeing the numbers shrink that way for sure! I bought some ski pants, the first pair I've bought in ages. They didn't fit me when I bought them, I could pull them up but they wouldn't do up around my belly but I kept them anyway and one of my small goes is to get them to do up. I'm almost there. I'm getting so excited about that. I just need to walk more and I know they'll be fitting in now time.

Great job by the way! You are doing awesome!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote