Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #1  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Default Walk Away The Pounds

Does anybody know if this really works ( http://www.lesliesansone.com/walk/ )? If it makes your burn lot of calories? If so, then I'll pay the money to buy the bundle of DVDs from Costco. I know that the creator has a large group of supporters, but watching her walk in place...I've done it with her but I didn't feel any burn. And usually when you don't feel any burn you're not burning. Maybe if I did this workout everyday it could help ????

Can someone shed some light???

Last edited by SBD Sass; 12-31-2008 at 05:39 PM.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/250/150

Height: 5'6"

It is aerobic exercise, coupled with weights and can be moderately intense. I would say that the participant needs to take the initiative to make it more intense by making deeper lunges, increasing the weight etc...
The one great thing about the program is that it requires very little space. I use 5lb weights instead of 3lb weights and I find it is tiring.
Macomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Hey, thanks for linking to this. I have been hoping to find an exercise video I could do on-line. I just tried this and I could only do a couple of minutes of the straight walking in place (no leg lifts or side stepping) and had to quit when my knee was burning too much, but maybe a little at a time I can increase endurance on the knee. It did make my heart rate pick up. It's got a good steady beat, which is what I was looking for.
recidivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 07:37 PM   #4  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 195/158/130

Height: 5'3"

I like it. It's low impact overall, which I like. I don't like the super fast kicking and punching like in some videos. Makes me dizzy! The kickboxing one kicks my butt, the 2 mile is a nice work out. I'm sweating by the end. I know there are also 3, 4, and 5 mile videos out there but I don't own them... yet.
OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:25 PM   #5  

I love Leslie Sansone's program! I have all the video tapes (got them for a buck each at Goodwill) and do them when I can't walk outside. They give you a great workout (using muscles I didn't even know I had!) and you don't really have to be all that coordinated! :-)

LaVonda
LaVon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/184/147

Height: 5'7"

Default watp

I have just started using the WATP videos 2 weeks ago, and even though they don't look like they do much, they will make you sweat. I am new to the exercising world. Never really had to when I was younger. But now I am almost 29, have two kids, and have a job that I sit all day long. I figured these videos would be easy enough to follow for someone out of shape, and they don't require alot of coordination like the dance videos. Which that is great for me because I have no rhythm, coordination. I would definitely suggest buying a variety of her videos to prevent boredom.
4anewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #7  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I like them quite a bit. They aren't what I'd turn to for serious exercise, but on days the gym is closed or the weather is lousy, they're great for a decent workout in the house. I read somewhere that her three-mile tapes burn about 250-300 calories per use.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote