Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Question TOM and stalling...

I know most of us hold water weight during TOM and then lose it afterwards. My question is, does anyone else seem to have it affect them more than 1 week?

I spot for a week before actual TOM. (No Birth control, just the way I am) This week is also my PMS week and I retain a LOT of water. Then the following week, I get an actual period, during which, I still retain water. You can't even pinch my skin, it's so tight.

It just sucks to only lose weight 2 weeks out of the month.

Im still waiting for a decent woosh afterwards. I am finally down a pound this week, but I am still retaining water. I drink at least 64oz..what else I can do that isn't an OTC remedy?

Anyone else have this issue?
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

I wish I could give you an answer on how to get rid of the water retention. I have the same problem. I spot for a week and then have a 5 day tom as well. I only lose weight 2 weeks out of the month too.
It's frustrating, but it will amaze you how quickly those pounds add up. I've only been at this for a little over a year and I'm down almost 100 pounds. I do have those wooshes of weight loss during those two weeks. They are smaller wooshes now than earlier in my weight loss, but I'm learning how patience pays off.
Avoiding extra salt really helps with the water retention. It's amazing how many things have salt in huge amounts. I like the fresco menu at Taco Bell, but even those items have huge amounts of salt. I found this out by using thedailyplate.com to track my food. Soda will make you retain water as well. I have found that since I got below 200 pounds that I don't notice the swelling as bad. I still feel it in my stomach area, but my feet and ankles don't swell like they used to.
Just keep at it, all the work pays off. It does take a lot of patience, but it's worth it!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

I have the same problem. My TOM lasts forever, and I am up for a couple days before and a couple days after, so I only get two decent losses a month. And I never get that 'woosh' after TOM. Never. It's so frustrating, but I feel your pain.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote