Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default BFL Meals

Post what you're eating here.....maybe we can all use a little sharing of creative ideas.

My Monday:
1: Egg beaters scrambled sandwhich on 1 slice ww toast
2: 1/2 c cottage cheese and grapes
3: Lean ham sandwich on ww pita w/1 slice 2% cheese; carrots
4: 2 egg whites; yogurt
5: turkey, orange
6: spaghetti w/meat sauce made from ground turkey, spices and ketchup; green beans

My little discovery is that I'll basically be eating every 2 hours. Wow, reminds me of having an infant in the house - what else will get done? Because I plan to eat my b'fast at 8:30 after cardio is done and kids on the bus, to get my last meal in before too too late (6:30) leaves me squeezing the other 4 in every 2 hours. Weird.

Oh, and feel free to edit my choices or correct me. I'm new at this!

Last edited by sportmom; 01-25-2009 at 11:27 PM.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #2  
No description available.

1) 2 eggs, whole wheat english muffin, cheese
2)greek yogurt, strawberries

(things got weird here due to babies coming out)
3)turkey sandwich on rye, cottage cheese, tomatoes, a slice of smoked beef (also 2 watercrackers with eggplant spread, to be totally upfront!)
4) bell pepper strips, laughing cow (I was planning a protein shake with this, but I had that smoked beef an hour before so I didn't)
5)salmon, roasted veggies, small potato
6)protein shake
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #3  

breakfast: 1/2 cup yoghurt, 1/2 cup OJ, 1/4 cup bran, 1/4 cup yeastflakes, 1/4 cup protein powder
snack: bite of pie (coworkers 50 bd)
lunch: cup of soup, 2 slice ww bread, 1 slice low fat cheese

will edit to give the rest of today
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:56 AM   #4  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

This is my plan for today. I usually only eat four meals a day. The snack after dinner I usually skip. I think since I am going to skip the ww toast just before my workout that I should add that late evening snack. Let see how this goes. I may need to tweak it if I don't see any changes in a week.

1) Protein Oatmeal: cooked oatmeal, cottage cheese, protein powder
2) 4 egg whites omlette, Kraft ff cheese slice, strawberries
3) Fage greek yogurt, 1/2c cottage cheese, handful of blueberries, cinnamon, splenda,
4) Roasted Turkey breast, 1/2 yam, broccoli
5) 1 c milk with protein powder
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:59 AM   #5  

I woke up ready to throw in the towel thinking today will be too hard to eat all that protein (and worrying about kidney stones returning). I was thinking, I'll just do WW and count points - that way combinations don't matter and I can eat anything! I talked my way off the ledge when my b'fast sandwhich was actually quite yummy! I reminded myself that my doc told me I could eat things in moderation as long as I drink plenty of water. For me, I think that means natural protein (moderation) but no od'ing on the shakes. Fingers crossed. Off to do my lbwo today at lunch. Mixing things up a bit - my legs are begging to be worked first, so will start off there.

May have to pick up a hand mixer today and try that blending trick for the cottage cheese. We'll see. 1/2 c is not that much to choke down.

But I can see why I'm eating every 2-3 hours. It really is not that much food. I think I like Midwife's plan of getting some fat in to each meal a little more - cheese would have been mightly tasty in my eggs this morning. Oh well, I can do anything for 12 weeks!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #6  

Cheese is always a good choice with eggs!

I'm gonna copy and paste my post from accountability in maintainers.....sorry to double post, but I wanted to share my food plan if it is helpful at all.

Today:

kashi heart cereal, skim milk (1/2 pint), 2 eggs omelet with veggies and a sprinkling of cheese

greek yogurt & fruit

leftover salmon, perhaps with beans or a small potato

more greek yogurt! (yes I made it to Trader Joe's this weekend!), pecans, fruit

dinner: egads!! Dunno....protein and veggies

1 hr gym

protein shake

Beautiful morning today. I might go for a run just for fun. Or I might not!

I thought about you, Fran, as I had my skim milk today! Sometimes cereal just hits the spot. But I had to have my beloved eggs with it.

I usually have breakfast at the hospital cafe on Monday mornings and they use a prepared omelet mix. After learning that IHOP puts pancake batter in their omelets, I have started viewing this omelet mix with concern. So today I requested 2 eggs to be used instead of the mix. No big deal! I wonder what they'll say if I request 5 eggs and toss 4 of the yolks?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #7  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

every time I try to drag a pic. of the hand weights on sale at target... I lose my post and the address changes to the target photo. I want to show you guys these 25 pound stackable hand weights and get your input. Today is my day one.

eta: sorry, this is in the wrong thread!

Last edited by kittycat40; 01-26-2009 at 11:56 AM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #8  

Hmmm....I'm not great with pictures, but could you open a second window and then copy and paste the link?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #9  

Cottage cheese consumed

Old 01-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #10  

Old 01-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #11  

Cool midwife, I'm glad they were able to customize your omelet. But yeah, asking them to separate eggs might be a bit much! I bet they have some egg beaters or egg whites back there tho already, at least for the cardiologists! lol
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #12  

What's funny is they handed me the eggs and a bowl and I carried it to the omelet station and cracked and scrambled them myself.

I think I will ask about egg beaters.....good plan!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #13  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
What's funny is they handed me the eggs and a bowl and I carried it to the omelet station and cracked and scrambled them myself.

I think I will ask about egg beaters.....good plan!
I regularly think about ihop and pancake batter omlettes. huh. what does that say about me??

nOW i AM AT a different computer in another facility. the ad I saw said up to 25 pounds and had only one set on view. But I'm thinking maybe this is it and it's 2 hand sets up to 12.5 eACH. I was stoked on the higher weight. But the price is the same.. This could be the same item. Will check further.

ANd I'll post link the way you did. But.... why can everyone else do it???? whaaa whaa whaa

http://www.target.com/Reebok-Adjusta...8&pf_rd_t=5101

Ahhh haaaa!! I did it!! This is the set. looks good, right? do I need one or two??

Last edited by kittycat40; 01-26-2009 at 01:24 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:32 PM   #14  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Kitty - I think I got a picture of the weights you're talking about to attach to the post. I've seen them in person at Target, it's one dumbbell for $60, at least at our Target, and the weight goes to 12.5 lbs. I'm also attaching the set I bought at Academy Sports. Two dumbells, each adjust to 12 pounds, and is supposedly upgradeable to 24 lbs each. I haven't been able to find the upgrades, yet, though. I paid $30 for both after Christmas, but they are regularly only $60. I love my adjustables because they take up so little room. The only thing I've found that I don't like about them is that when I do the tricep extension the side bars make my grip odd. It's workable, though, so I can't complain too much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speed%20Pac.jpg (35.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Sportblocks.jpg (3.5 KB, 2 views)
dixied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:35 PM   #15  

The one review worries me a little tho I think the weight amount is fine.

Have you looked into the Bowflex? They are pricier but worth saving up for, imo. I've had them for 3+ years with no issues at all & have even traveled with them so they've been in and out of the house a bit with wear.