Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #1  

Post New York City Ballet Workout?

Has anyone tried this? I watched a little bit of it. Of course people in ballet have the most beautiful bodies ever I think. So graceful. It's really amazing. A girl I knew said it was the most awesome workout. I could see it as a pilates or yoga replacement, but I'm not so sure about cardio capacity.

Any takers? Who has done this?
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/185/130

Height: 5'3"

I haven't tried it, but it does look good for strengthening/sculpting kinda like pilates. Maybe in combo with a cardio too?
Haligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:07 PM   #3  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I would not use it in place of cardio. That being said, I did it a few years ago and liked it.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:53 PM   #4  
is covered in paint

Height: 5'7

i had this video a few years ago and did it religiously. while i felt great, i didnt really see much change. having said that, i didn't pair it with cardio, which i think you really need to do -- most of the work is bar/floor work.
avie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #5  
Depressed

S/C/G: 188/185/129

Height: 5'9"

I was in dancing school from age 4 to age 14. I bought one of the New York City Ballet's workouts when I was in my early 20's and it was far too advanced for me. I'm very sorry that I don't recall exactly which one it was, but it was definately for people who are ALREADY in shape!!!!!
And I'd also like to add that when I was in my early 20's I did a lot of walking and was not out of shape per se, I was in excellent shape I just didn't workout very often or lift weights.
baby phat is offline   Reply With Quote