Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #1  
Time2fly

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Skinny Switch Secret

Has anyone else seen these ads, or has anyone tried it? It looks like it is based on calorie shifting and food combinations. I am intrigued....
Phoenix32203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #2  
Rocky Mountain "Hi"

S/C/G: 212 / 204 / 150

Height: 5'3"

I went for the "free" trial and canceled within 3 days.

The diet is a bunch of pick and choose meals based on the Zone 40/30/30 ratio. Every third day is your cheat day where the calories and carbs are a bit higher, plus you get your one treat food. Really nothing more than that. The recipes are interesting, but all require a fair amount of cooking.

Bottom line, what you get on the website is NOT worth the price they are charging. E-diets offers about the same thing with tons more content.
wurdnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:33 PM   #3  

Default Not Sure yet!

I'm on the diet now and have been on it for 4 days. Today is "load up day". So far I like it better then any other diet I've been on. I've been on diets since I was 14 an I'm now 28 every year I try something new an nothing has worked out any good. I have never reached my goal weight on any of these major diets or any diet at all. Money wasted!!! The skinny switch cost me abour $150 for six months an like I said today is day 4. The food is practical and delicous. You pick from a long list of foods you will eat and won't. Thus, customized menu. They put your menu together you just pick what you like. So far I've eatin bagels n cream cheese, cheese an pepper omlettes with rye toast, chinese steak an noodle stir fry (Yum) turkey and cheese sandwiches ect. Nothing seems like diet food at all an the amounts has got me thinking how is it possible to lose weight eating this much. I will say you eat three meals and 2 snacks but I don't have room for the snacks....too much to eat at meal time! This program has me wondering, it's not like any other I've been on an their all pretty much the same in some way. You know your on a diet with those but not this one! I hope it does work because I know I can live on this one. I've only actually cooked like 10-20 minute meals so far. It's very simple. You can eat out on this.
1. Jenny Craig---eeeewwwww & $$$ no eating out
2. L.A Weightloss----I starved & $$$ barely eating especially out
3. Atkins----Impossible & $$ nothing to eat out
4. Zone----Not for me & $$ no eating out
5. Nutrisystem---ok but annoying & $$$ if you eat out you have to BYOF
6. Raw Food Diet----Not for normal people with a life. No eating out
7. Mayo clinic-----Rabbit food No eating out!

Candy
candypalmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #4  
it's always something

eDiets is about 2.99 per week (cancel any time) and lets you customize your menus as well, with many diet options so you can choose what works for you. The basic eDiets plan is very flexible without restrictions of other plans, and is nutritious.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Candy: Just curious if you had lost anyweight so far...
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:12 AM   #6  

Default yes

Today was day 6 and I did weigh myself. I am glad to report that I have lost s2 pounds. It probably would have been more but I don't drink that much water at all. Maybe I should! I still can't eat the snacks, thought that part would pass especially since I'm a big eater, that's why I'm fat in the first place! I do feel better from the inside out though. You can tell a difference when you eat healthier. I was out for a while today and got really hungry, I thought about taco bell but the thought of all that grease turned my off instead of on like it usually does........THANK YOU JESUS!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #7  

Hey candy,

The program really got my attention and I decided on signing up. i am finishing up Day 2. So far, I love the food and I really do not feel like on a diet I am kind of not sure how the load up day works... Can we use it instead of any meal or snack? and if so, can we just randomly pick what we want? I have a cheese quesadillas scheduled for dinner, but I am scared that it won't be enough to fill me up
Old 01-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #8  

ok load up day is more like "treat yourself day". You can pick off the list which MEAL you want to be your treat meal! You can have a fast food cheese burger, taco ect. Or you can eat what they already put on your menu and still get the same bodily reaction. I found that the food they asign stay with you longer then the fast foods that we're soooooooooooo tempted by. I did the fast food thing and I was left hungry, since you can have a cheeseburger OR french fries not both at the same time. So now I just stick to what they tell me and I'n equally happy. Not that I won't ever eat fast food, I'm saving that for when I'm stuck out in town and have no other choice. I've completely lost track of my days but so far I'm down 7 Lbs!!!! Go me!!!! lol
Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #9  

I just wanted to add that I thought the same way about not being full after but since these foods seem more like quick fix junk food and not your Broccoli and grilled chicken meals I am satisfied with that thought, it really is in my head. So how are you doing now?
Old 01-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #10  
99 lbs. Gone!

Please share some of the foods you've been eating. I'm considering giving this plan a try. Thanks in advance!
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #11  
99 lbs. Gone!

Boy, the Web site is temporarily unavailable -- I bet everyone and their dog is looking at the site following the infomercial!
ToutDeSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #12  

well here is a sample of a lean day:

Breakfast: Yogurt with Bagel
lunch: Taco salad
Snack 1: BLT
Dinner: BBQ chicken and brown rice
Snack 2: Crakers with apple and cheese

i change the menu around quite a bit because i do not want to spend tons of $$ on food... so i do a few days following the same meal plan
Old 01-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #13  

As far as result, i lost 1.6 lbs in the first 3 days but then I just started eating whatever so...

But I am ready for tomorrow and got all my food ready!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/220/140

Default Candy ~ waht is the update

I am new here....just watched the infomercial and am thinking of joining. I an doing weight watchers now but it is so painfully slow and that is not very motivating at all!

This one looked a little better...
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #15  

Default thinking about trying the skinny switch secret

Hi everyone. I am new and I really do need to lose some weight. I saw the infomercial and I must say that I am very interested in this new diet plan. It is not too restrictive and I get to pick what I want to eat. Give me any kind of feedback on this new diet or shall I say way of life plan.
Destiny2009 is offline   Reply With Quote