Old 01-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat: 1/24-1/25

Mornin' All!

Today's the big bday party. Here's a pic of the cake I made:

I have to take pics of the work my aunt and I did in the kitchen this week. I'm pretty happy with it.

OK, sorry I've been MIA soo much, but I gotta run!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

Lauren
The cake turned out great--better than any I have ever attempted--LOL. I bet Peter will love it. Have a great time at the B-day party.
Kari
3turkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Lauren -That cake rocks!! Great job.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #4  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

That cake looks very cool Lauren!

Not up to anything yet today. I woke up just past 10am and put on some CSI (borrowing discs from the library is great). Decided to jump online between eps and check messages, etc. I figure I probably should take a shower at some point and do something, but I'm sorta in one of those "eh" moods where I think I could be content just chilling out at home today.
I know tomorrow my mom and I will run errands and get me some new clothes for the new job since I start a week from Monday. I'm going to try to convince her to go to the flea market tomorrow as well since I'd love to see if they have any good fresh fruits and veggies.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #5  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hi ladies! GREAT cake Lauren! Oh how I wish I were talented in a Martha Stewart kinda way. My 10 year old's school is raising money for St. Jude and his class is having a bake sale at walmart this morning. I signed up to bring stuff, so I bought pre-made cookie dough (slice and bake, baby!!) and added some milk and an egg to some blueberry muffin mix and made mini-muffins. That's my equivalent to Martha Stewart. Guess it's good I'm not any better at stuff like that....I'd probably weigh twice what I weigh now.

Well, I have good news and bad news...the bad news is we went to a Golden Corral last night on our date (not very romantic, but we ended up in a time crunch....and it was closest). It's an all you can eat kinda like Ryan's Steakhouse....Anyway, I didn't do GREAT there....that's the bad news. The kinda good news (depending on how you look at it) is that I'd basically not eaten anything all day long (I get 26 weight watcher points, I had had maybe 3 all day...if that). I know that's not healthy, but I knew it was a special occasion and I would probably not do well for supper....I figured it wouldn't hurt me. Plus, fighting this cold, I was not even really hungry all day yesterday. Soooo, while I went over my allotted budget, it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

The scales tortured me again this morning, too...............some people NEVER learn (Pointing to myself!!). They had NOTHING nice to say, but they weren't flat out rude either.......
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Lauren... nice cake!! How was it? Did you taste it??

Diana... I thought you weren't going to weigh again til monday?? Naughty.

I lost 2 ounces this week. Yes, that's a whole 2 ounces for those of you who were wondering!! LOL Hey... at least it's not a gain, right?

The nice thing is that those 2 ounces bought my total loss to 28 pounds!! Never under estimate the power of a small loss... they add up big!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 01-25-2009 at 08:49 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all..well i was exhausted from working 8 days straight..but i made it thr and now i have today off YEAH!!!! not exactly sure what i' going to do..but definately going to ride my pony.

great cake lauren

hey to everyone else.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Well, the party was a success, but never again! What a mad house it was there, soo many people! I don't mind going there on a weeknight to hang out for a couple hours, but weekends are horrible! Peter and his buddies had a great time though. They LOVED the cake and were more interested in playing with the cars and Grave Digger than seeing Chuck E. I think they wanted to drive GD around the cake rather than eat it! I thought it was pretty tasty...not sure what they thought. I guess they liked it - Peter had more for dessert last night.

And let me just say, Robby, who just turned 4 last week, ate 5 pieces of pizza AND a small piece of cake!! Can you say, "growth spurt"? Earlier in the week he ate a short stack of pancakes and 3-4 slices of taylor ham at the diner! DH is right, once these guys get older, we're going to need second jobs just to feed them!

Anyway, today is laundry, and cleaning. Peter asked if he can have his friend over for a playdate, and I told him he had to work on cleaning the basement. I've been doing good keeping up with the kitchen since Aunt B left. She'd be proud...but nagging to do more.

I'm going to join WW on Tuesday evening. I'd rather go in the AM, but I'm going to meet my daycare director there, she likes the leader that night.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

Glad you survived the party Lauren!!!
I believe today is cleaning day for us also. My older daughter spent all day yesterday with grandpa at a horse sale so therefore it was an excuse for me and hubby to slack off also--LOL Although we did go out to the farm and do chores for mom since dad was slacking and she has been sick. Other than that we didn't do much yesterday and today will be just as cold ---hopefully we will get chores caught up and then play the wii.
But just have to brag--yesterday I really wanted to "beef" up my fiber intake, because I knew just by looking at what I ate--I was not getting the 24-35 grams daily--I got a 32 for the day. I was happy to meet that goal. I am gonna try to track ww points and fiber points so I can continue with good WL and making healthier choices.
3turkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #10  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

So, mom and I ended up going out yesterday and doing some of the clothing shopping for the new job. Got 3 pairs of pants (size 16P!) and a cute top. Going to get more tops today at JCPenneys.
The TOM has gone and I'm down to just below 166 which is funny to me. Even though I know we hold water weight, it still is funny to me how that works with weight.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Hey guys, awesome cake Lauren! I can cook, but I am lost when it comes to baking!
I have been doing Ok....was proud of myself for going to Olive Garden lunch with some girlfriends and picked a meal with chicken and veggies in a citrus sauce, no mounds of pasta or my thick alfredo usual! (i did grab an extra breadstick though!) tee hee.
The weather warmed up here for ONE DAY and I took the dog out to play and that was nice.
Hope everyone is doing well, Im so happy I got to put a signature on my profile! WOOT!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote