Old 01-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #1  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Default 30 Something Daily Chat, Friday 1/23

Hey everyone!

Finally got my vacation pay from my former employer this morning, so that makes things good. Going to have lunch with my mom this afternoon, then I'm not sure what I'll be up to.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping warm!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

Glad you got the money--I know at this point every little bit helps. I am not looking forward to starting my baby in daycare next week I want to be with my baby more and don't really have the money for daycare. But its getting harder and harder to get all my hours in with my husband also working about the same hours. So at least it is only part-time. Have you had any luck finding a job ranger?? This economy stinks--especially if you live in a small town like I do, jobs are few and far between.
3turkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hey All!

It's DS1's 6th bday today, going to a party in his classroom in a bit. DS2 is completely melting down right now...over God knows what! :banghead:

Hope everyone is well...be back later!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #4  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3turkeys View Post
Have you had any luck finding a job ranger??
Yup, I start on February 2nd. So happy about that.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:11 PM   #5  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

UGH! Will I EVER get over this stupid crud/cold/rhinovirus/whatever-it-is??? Geez, enough already. I'm blaming all the congestion/"snot" in my head for having gained 1.5 lbs since I weighed yesterday morning (It sure feels like atleast 1 1/2 lbs of stuff in my head...sorry if TMI). Why do I find those scales so irresistible when I'm dieting and so dreadful when I'm not?? I torture myself...I said I wasn't gonna get on them except on Mondays. UGH

I'm a bit irritated today.....and DH and I have a date tonight....I'm going sick nor not....we don't get dates often at all. And of course that means we'll be going out to eat. I'll be up another 1.5 lb tomorrow, but I'll never know it til Monday 'cause I'm NOT WEIGHING anymore until Monday!!!

Sorry I'm such a grumbler today....encourage me ladies!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-23-2009 at 12:12 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Diana... thanks for that 'blow by blow' on your snot. I was eating my lunch as I read the thread. I threw up in my mouth a little... but I'm OK now. ROFLMAO!

Hey all... slept til 12:30. Called out of work. I am still feeling like crap and I have DD's bday sleepover tonight. ARGH! Thank god I'm off tomorrow too so I can rest a little more.

Have a great day all!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #7  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! It has been a while since I posted, but I have been reading the threads...Just guess I don't have much to say...he he he, wish my husband could have read that, he would be ROFL!

I have had a horrible sweet tooth here lately, and I keep trying to choose the right things! I love these 100 calorie pack knockoffs that Aldi has. They are just the right amount of chocolate for my "fix!"

Gotta find something fun and easy for dinner. Hubby is at the firehouse, and I have the kids. Can't do pizza, they had that for lunch! Any ideas? I am also thinking about renting WALL*E. Anyone seen it?
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #8  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hey All!!!

So glad that it is Friday~ TGIF!!!

Busy weekend though, non-stop from tonight to Sunday night.

Went to the gym and are planning a healthy supper, thinking of making lemon-herbed chicken with a green salad. You know the chicken cut up on top of it. I have a yummy lemon poppyseed dressing I've been craving that'll top it. Man my mouth is watering just thinking of it.

Been on par for diet and exercise, except for the one day off, because of a full bore workout the day before. But I used that off day as my errands day. So all in all this week had been good. How about all of you?

Ranger--- Yay for getting your $$$$.

Meredithann--- We own Wall-E. Santa brought it . The kiddos saw it when it was in theaters. It is a cute movie. As for dinner, what about Ravioli's and some garlic bread? They have those bags of frozen ones in the freezer area, you can add as much sauce as you want or as little as you want. We've done that a few times when we are in a time crunch.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All!

Meredith, My kids will eat pizza for lunch and dinner. Why not, it's a "complete" meal?!

Valerie, Hope you feel better soon! That's right, spread the germs to DD's friends!

Diana, Come on girl! You've got to stick to it better than that! You know you're going out to eat, if they have their menu online, check it out and plan ahead...then you don't even open the menu at the restaurant. Or just tell yourself...and DH for that matter...that you're going to pick someone as nutritious as possible! Don't just resolve to gain 1.5 lbs. overnight!

Turkey, Awe, I feel for you starting the baby in daycare. I know it's hard, but you'll get over it quick enough. We do what we've gotta do, right? Besides, daycare's are used to new mom's calling 5-6 times a day to make sure everything's going well! I pride myself on only calling a couple times when I first started DS1.

Shannon, looking very "thoughtful" in your avatar today.

Waiting for the Monster Jam cake to come out of the oven. That's the easy part...decorating will be the hard part. Going to try something similar to this, because it looked easy... http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.co...r-cake-25.html

Tomorrow is Peter's party at Chuck E. Cheese's, so at least if the cake doesn't turn out, I can have them supply one at the last minute! Have a nice evening all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

The party is happening right now... HELP!!!

12 year olds are CRAZY!!!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Valerie- I am pulling for you to make it out of there with your sanity intact. Good luck with the party.

I am in pretty good spirits lately. I haven't been running in two days, but I am not going to beat myself up. I did work a 13 hour day yesterday so I just didn't have it in me to get up earlier this morning.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

That is wonderful Ranger--glad you found a new job.
Poppyseed---I hear ya on that 10 year olds are just as bad
Hope ya'll are having a great weekend
3turkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #13  
Believe it, be it

Ha, yeah I'm trying to take pics of myself regularly now since I'm losing weight. I figure I should have some silly fun with the camera while I've got it going.