Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Lightbulb Nutrisystem Buddies 2009

Welcome All! Please fill free to join right in!

Nutrisystem is the popular mail delivery meal program. Based on the low glycemic index it keeps your body balanced while you enjoy tasty food from burgers, chicken and dumplings, pizzas and chocolate cakes!

For those thinking about joining but worried about the cost, first it's probably the cheapest mail delivery meal program right now compared to other ones on the market. But there are also several different ways to purchase the plan. You can buy straight from the official website, but they have also partnered with qvc so you can buy there too, some with payment options. And don't forget to check craigslist etc which you can find sellers needing to get rid of their lot of food for a great discount to you!

Feel free to join if you are on the program or if you are thinking about it, we'd love to hear from you!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #2  

I hope you all don't mind that I started a new thread, it's 2009 now If you don't mind we'll probably start a new thread each month so that it doesn't get as long as our previous one, so many pages to sift through, lol...

Hurray for 2009!!!!! I'm ready to start fresh and see where this year takes me

I do have some great news! I peaked at the scale this morning and I'm down 2.6 lbs! that is for only 3 full days on the program! today is day 4 for me and Im sooooo excited with this plan.

Hope everyone had a great new years and I can't wait until this thread is hopping again!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #3  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Spryng (cool name!)
I joined 3chicks a few months ago. I hav a lot of weight to loose, about 50 lb. I've had success with Atkins in the past but it just didn't seem to go well this time. I think I need someting that tells me exactly what to eat so I'm considering one of the package delivery programs. Cost isn't really an issue, my husband is willing to pay whatever it costs to find something that works. So,how do you like the NS food? I'm encourage to see that you lost weight right away.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:04 PM   #4  

Welcome Kelly! Yeah I kinda like my name too, most people think it's a screen name but spryng is for real, lol..
yeah I've been on atkins more times than I can count and I tried a low carb diet again a few weeks ago and it made me sick. My body just rebels against any hard diets anymore. That's from years of abusing it.
I have to be honest and tell you I am not a picky eater. So my opinions on the food may not be the best but so far I've liked everything but the cheddar soy chips.. the bbq ones were good though. But I can't tell you how happy I am with this plan. I just find it easier. All I have to think about are the add ins for the meals and everything else is done for me and yes I'm feeling and seeing results already too which is encouraging me!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #5  

Evening all! I know eventually this thread will take off so I hope you don't think I'm talking to myself, lol.. I just need somewhere to keep me accountable.

So today is day 4. It has gone perfectly. No cravings at all. Got in all my water and add ins. All the meals have been tasty. Just one day at a time and I will get there Too bad I have to work tomorrow, I've been enjoying my day off with the family.
Well I hope all of you had a great first day in 2009 and I'll chat with you all tomorrow!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

I'm sure there will be more chatter once next week comes and the holidays are officially over.
Today is grocery buying day for the add ins, but I know that until Monday, it will be hit and miss for me.
I'm like you, not fussy when it comes to food. I like pretty much everything I've tried so far. I hope my next box of NS has the breakfast items I haven't tried yet. Hope they aren't out! I'm not going to get the eggs this time as I really miss toast. I just don't get pleasure out of eating just eggs.

So to anyone who has slipped this holiday season, just post anyways and prepare yourself to get back on the wagon.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #7  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Morning ladies!
That's right,now the holidays are over and I am back to the daily routine (thankfully I might add), the New Year celebrations were filled with not so smart choices but I am not even getting on the scale until my official weigh in day next Wednesday, and we'll see what a few days of back-on-plan can do.
My stove broke on Wednesday, and there won't be anyone available to repair it until Monday. I am so glad I am on NS right now he he. I will miss having my veggies cooked, but maybe I will get the grill out or something if I don't want them raw.

Welcome to 2009 and lets all get healthy together!
Old 01-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191.5/163.5/150

Height: 5'5

Happy New Year, Ladies! OMG..have I totally screwed up my diet. LOL..I had a couple of good days at the beginning of the week but all down hill again. I think I've had it with the holidays. Time to get back to real life. haa haa..and get back to working off my last 20 lbs. I'm starting boot camp at the gym on Monday. I work out regularly but this will boost my workouts and get me in high gear. Before we know it spring will be here and we'll be getting ready for bathing suit season! Aaaargghhh!!

Kelly - I totally recommend this diet. The first month, I think I lost 9 or 10 pounds. I still eat a lot of regular food because one of the main reasons I chose this diet was to have some variety while I learn how to cook. With other diets I was so overwhelmed with food and I got so bored with the same old same old. I also think NS food is pretty good. No big complaints about that.

Good luck with whatever decision you make!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #9  

Evening all! So good to see everyone today!

Staci, it's really hard to get back OP with all the holidays and all that throwing us off for weeks. But you'll get it going again, may take a few good days and bad days but you'll get it

Newshinyme, sorry to hear about your stove but it's a good thing ns only needs a microwave

Newgie, I'm with you on the eggs. I thought they tasted just like eggs but I don't like eggs by themselves either..

Well today is day 5 for me. Had the cranberry granola bar for breakfast which I thought was good but dry. Had to drink alot of water to get it down. For lunch was fettuccini alfredo, not one of my favorite pasta meals but it was ok. For dinner was the veg lasagna and it was really good. I like that one the best so far, course I have alot more to taste still, lol. I got in 20 min on my treadmill today which I think might have caused my cravings this evening. I was hungrier than normal and even drinking extra water and having my afternoon snack wouldn't curb it. I eventually had to eat dinner early and it went away.. weird. But I forget cardio does that sometimes. Does NS ever let you eat a little more when you are working out more?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #10  

Morning all! well I'm down another .6 lbs today, yay! So exciting.. Just wanted to check in and share, hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Spryng, depending on how many calories you are burning with exercise
(say maybe 500 plus), it would seem to make sense to eat a bit more. Like maybe a protein and some veggies.
I would definitely ask a counselor about that one!

Today has been a pretty good NS day for me. Really getting back on track. One thing I"m happy about....pms and holidays were at the same time! I don't have to worry about the holidays for quite some time but I'll be on the look out in four weeks for the other.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Happy 2009!! I can't believe it but I managed to stay pretty much on plan over the holidays! I had lost 40 lbs as of Dec 19 and my goal was to maintain that until the new year. Well, I lost 3 more lbs since then!! I absolutely LOVE this program!! (REALLY hope nobody sees this as bragging...'cause I'm totally not I'm just so proud of myself!)

I totally AM a picky eater (unless it's junk food...I seem to like all junk!) and have had no real problems with NS food.

I do not like...
ANY of the ravioli's (I find them VERY rubbery)
the chicken patty
anything with mushrooms
the minestrone soup
the plain pretzles (VERY dry and tasteless)

I love the...
bbq beef with black beans and rice
rotini with meatballs
MAC & CHEESE (mmmmmmm...yum! Comfort food!)
spilt pea soup
mashed potatoes
nacho soy chips (dipped in salsa!)

...plus I find them very helpful if they've sent a replacement for when they're out of stock that I don't like they will replace it without me sending the other back. Customer service has been amazing!

The one thing I try really hard to do is only weigh myself once a week. I find since there can be a significant variance in calorie/fat intake between days (for example if I eat the peanut butter and choc bar for lunch with 10 grams of fat instead of the pea soup with 1 or 2 grams and than I eat a pizza with 8 grams of fat for dinner instead of the mac and cheese with 4) that one day I can be down a pound and the next I'm up. BUT at the end of the week I'm always down and if I've only peeked once I none the wiser and all the skinnier! LOL! Once I weighed myself daily and one day was down 3 pounds and at week end I was only down 2. I was bummed. REALLY bummed. I realized if I hadn't peeked early than I would have only been proud of myself for the 2 lbs loss instead of putting myself down for it not being 3lbs! Have I made any sense or am I really rambling? In my head I completely understand what I'm trying to say but sometimes my head gets all mixed up! LOL!!!

Congrats to all those starting...I don't think you'll regret it!
Congrats to all those who met their holiday goals!!
And congrats to all those who might have gotten off track over the holidays but who have the courage to forgive themselves and move on...on track!!

NONE of this is easy and we're doing it! WTG!!

Last edited by kiki100; 01-04-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #13  

Morning all!

Kiki, you results are very inspiring! How long did it take you to lose 40 lbs? Thank you for listing what you like and don't like from the ns foods, I find that very interesting. It's neat to see how one person loathes one item and the next person cant live without it, lol.. The only thing I really hate is the white cheddar soy chips other than that I didn't care much for the fettuccini alfredo but it wasn't as bad as those chips, lol. I do like the bbq chips though Oh and I don't think you are bragging at all! you have done so well on this program you deserve to be proud of yourself! it's amazing results!

Newgie you cracked me up on the holidays and pms being gone for awhile. TOM just left here too so I can stop worrying about that for awhile too Oh and I did call a counselor about the exercise... basically you have to be really really working out like crazy in order to eat some more food. But if you are hungry she said to add an extra dairy or protein after the workout. But said it usually applies to people working out more than an hr each day.. which I'm not there yet, just 20 min so far. So I think I'll just time it around lunch or dinner so I can eat right after I'm done and maybe that will help

Well yesterday was good for me. I think I already mentioned I'm on the weekends off plan but I did buy food ns food from craigslist so I can still do ns on the weekends as well if I wish. Well yesterday I did ns for breakfast and lunch and then had a girls night out but I did so good! I orderd fish tacos (and only ate one) which was only grilled tilapia, cabbage and some cilantro ranch dressing.. then I had a side order of sauteed mushroom and a tossed salad.. so I did good!!! Course I didn't even eat all the food because the small portions on ns has already shrank my stomach and I was satisfied very quickly which was even better
Today is day 7 and tomorrow is my official wi which I don't think I'll see much more of a loss this week, 3.2 is unusual for me on any diet. So I'll take whatever comes

Well I'll be back on later to check in, my dh is headed to work so I'm gonna help him get around.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks to you all for the information. DH and I are scared but ready. Our package should be here on the 14th.

I need to put together a shopping list. I'm going to head the Nutrisystem website too. Someone somewhere said there are general rules for each of the categories. Like the dairy....no more than 100 calories, less than 3 grams of fat and at at least 7 grams of protein. Any idea where these are.

Can you tell I'm a researcher? Sorry if this is annoying. I'll settle down once I get on program.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #15  

It's definitely not annoying Vickie, lol.. ask away I asked a billion questions too, well I still do, I'm still really new but yeah check out the nutrisystem boards, they have a TON of info on there including the lists for dairy protein etc
Closed Thread