Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #1  
jmwt

S/C/G: 242/199/140

Height: 5'7

Smile DIET-TO-GO anyone used this program?

Hello ladies (and gents)-

Has anyone out there used the diet-to-go food delivery service ?

I am seriously thinking about using- but would like some feedback before I sign up for yet ANOTHER "PROGRAM"

THANKS!!
venusbirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #2  
it's always something

I think there are several here that have used it, you'll find a few threads in this forum We also tried it a while back, our review is here if it helps any

Good luck! If you try it, let us know what you think
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi there,

I tried the fresh version of this plan (not sure if you're interested in fresh or frozen) and wrote a report about my experiences on my blog here if you want to check that out.

Ultimately my verdict was that the food was DELICIOUS but, unfortunately, I didn't lose any weight! However, depending on what you've been eating already, it might be worth a try. The food is super tasty, but there's a fairly high amount of refined carbohydrate (especially bread: sandwich rolls, big sub rolls, etc). I think that may have been my issue; not sure.

Good luck, whatever you decide!
noodlebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #4  
jmwt

S/C/G: 242/199/140

Height: 5'7

thaks for both responses ladies- HELPFUL !!!
venusbirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

I'm thinking about giving it a try. I tried Nutrisystem and the food just wasn't for me.
kari1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:06 AM   #6  

I second Noodlebeans response.. the food was good but way too high in sodium and low in protein.. loved the food but did not lose one pound.. while on that program.
I have tried 4 meal delivery program and have been the most successful with Pure food fresh start and Bistro MD.

Good luck in what ever you try.....

Last edited by crenita; 01-10-2009 at 03:00 PM.
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #7  

Default re

Oh, too bad. High blood pressure runs in the family so I can't eat anything to high in sodium but maybe i'll check it out.

Edited: I just placed an order w/Bistro MD but I think I'll try Diet-to-go next. I tend to switch around to see what suits me

Last edited by kari1980; 12-25-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #8  
mmaxxy

S/C/G: 188/183/140

Height: 5'6

Default tried diets to go,prefer bistro md

Hello! The food tastes good on both bistro md and diets to go. Diets to go is less expensive than bistro. The proof is in the pudding(excuse the pun) I lost 3 pounds my first week with Bistro(currently in week 2) and never lost weight on diets to go! Hope that helps! Of course everybody is different.
mmaxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:20 AM   #9  

I agree. Bistro MD is great and I've lost a couple lbs. I will be checking out Diet to Go soon. Seems pretty affordable!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #10  

I just began my first day on Diet To Go's Low Carb Menu (not the regular which has all the bread). All I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, the food came next day delivery (it was shipped on Monday and I got it today, so that is wonderful news that I am only a one day shipping lane away from one of their many facilities). Secondly, the food was vacuum packed which is what I wanted (little disappointed that Pure Foods, which I was just on, did not do this because vacuum packing ensures safer food storage with all the air being sucked out). Lastly they use dry ice which keeps food totally frozen so less worries of bacteria or food poisoning which is a big factor for me. The black microwavable trays all came beautifully vacuum packed and sealed perfectly with everything being flash frozen from the moment the food was cooked in their kitchens. Everything was in order (though I wish they put the labels of the food on the front of each carton rather then on the back so you can see what's what in the freezer).

I am about to have lunch here soon but breakfast was absolutely unreal! I had the most delicious omelet you can imagine with two huge, plump and hearty sausage links! The vegetables they used are fajita style and were so delectable, I wished there was more of it in the tray (I never feel that way about veggies)! Because it's all protein, I felt full for hours! I am just now getting hungry (I had a feeling I might do better on a low carb plan rather than a low fat plan). I am always so hungry on low fat plans. Lunch is going to be old fashioned pot roast in a creamy mushroom sauce with the best looking green beans I have seen in ages and dinner is Prime rib in red wine sauce with amazingly fresh and pristine looking cauliflower! Instead of rice, pasta, orzo, couscous or bread, you get truly delectable, pristine and healthy veggies with your protein meals instead so it's good carbs. If lunch is anything like breakfast, I will be in heaven! I am going to buy some low carb chocolate from Russell Stovers and have one piece a night if I want as a treat and of course if I get hungry, have a piece of fruit split in half or something to stave off the munchies but so far so good!

I have heard that the regular low fat food is delicious, but not everyone lost as fast as they could have however I have heard great things about this low carb version which is why I went for this one (it's still almost $200.00 less a month than Bistro even though the low carb is their more expensive plan at Diet To Go). The Low Fat is only $125.00 a week delivered!!!!! My doctor said I should probably do a low carb plan because of my insulin resistance so here I am and so far (knock on wood) VERY pleased!

I'll keep you posted as I go along!

Last edited by PrincessDietMuch; 01-21-2009 at 12:32 PM.
PrincessDietMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #11  

OK just a quick update since we don't really have a Diet To Go thread per'se, I just had lunch and I am in shock!!!! This is diet food?????

I just had the most mouth watering pot roast of my life! I had slices upon slices of mouth watering, fall apart beef with the most delectable mushroom cream sauce you can imagine! The collard greens were so intensely delicious with these tiny burst in your mouth pearl onions all folded into the creamy mushroom sauce and it was to die for! The green beans were squeaky and fresh and tasty! This tastes like your are eating at an uptown restaurant! Incredibly gourmet (I would eat this if I were not dieting)! I am honestly in shock here! I guess we'll know in a week or two if it takes off some of the weight but I am floored by all of this! I also don't feel shaky like I did on the regular low fat diets I have done. I can hardly wait to eat the prime rib tonight. I also ordered some of those infamous ChocoPerfection low carb rich European chocolate bars to have when I crave chocolate so I don't derail my efforts. I am stoked!

Last edited by PrincessDietMuch; 01-21-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #12  

Wow just had the prime rib and can't believe this diet at all. It was an actual piece of prime rib only smaller of course (a little more than a quarter of what a piece normally is but had all the thickness and everything). Scrumptious red wine sauce and incredibly delicious and fresh cauliflower. I am actually eating more healthy vegetables on this plan than I have with any my whole life! Delicious but even more importantly I am not shaking and hungry like I normally am on low fat plans, so this is a good sign. Had to remind myself it was dinner time as almost 5 hours passed and I was not really hungry! Yay!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

I would have to agree, I Love Diet to go and chose it over Bistro. I just ordered two more weeks and I was able to substitute the meals that didn't grab me. I also feel i can provide better snacks then when I tried Bistro and I really like the actual breakfasts on Diet to go, it's not pastries and sugar free stuff.
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #14  

Mmmm I just had the Pork Chop breakfast this morning and it was incredible! I have to say that none of the programs I have tried prior to this can compare. I love the food and more importantly, I am not starving like I usually am on other programs. At first I was concerned with the Atkin's approach, because it's a lot of beef, pork and sausage and stuff like that, but actually, they include fresh vegetables that are to die for with every meal so I am getting more fiber and heart healthy veggies then I ever ate before. I also am not shaky or hungry and that is a major first for me. It seems to be controlling my blood sugar and insulin much better so I feel more stable. I am eating anywhere from 1200-1400 calories per day and I feel better with this food. I hear that it causes a chemical reaction in your body and burns fat like crazy once it reaches a certain state so I am extremely hopeful with this plan (I don't know how they can afford to feed us all this extravagant food for only $166.00 a week delivered but I am stoked!!

The salmon and catfish dishes look like 4 star entrees! So huge and fresh looking! I love this diet!!!

Last edited by PrincessDietMuch; 01-22-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #15  

I feel like I am on Candid Camera here or something! I just had the baked salmon with creamy dill sauce and fancy greens and I am stunned. Seriously this is too much. The salmon was as good as I make and that's saying something. I am known for my baked salmon and this stuff was divine. The salmon was so fresh that it didn't even have a fish smell if you know what I mean. They aren't kidding when they say they cook this up fresh each week and flash freeze it. Huge, healthy and thick piece of beautiful salmon in a sauce I would love the recipe for! It just breaks apart with your fork. The green beans with that tangy fresh stewed tomato on top was incredible! This is diet food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????? ? If this is a dream, please don't wake me!