Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 06:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 378/364/168

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Hi I'm New!

Hi!

My name is Fi and I'm new here. I loved the idea of this section when I found it - I'm definately not a mainstream kind of person. I love to embrace the weird and wonderful and so even though I fall into the 300+ category too I'm hoping I will find more like minds here.

I live in the UK and I'm following the Rosemary Conley programme which is essentially a GI based diet with a weekly fitness class thrown in. I've only just started and have a long way to go but I know I can do it and 2009 is going to be my year to get healthy!

Fi
x
Old 01-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #2  
Laughing and Loving

S/C/G: 207/188/139

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

Welcome fifitrix! I'm glad you found us here!! There are many wonderful support groups and exercise threads you can join to acheive your goal! I hope you stay on your path toward good health!

-I love your avatar!!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #3  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Fi!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #4  

I've got my first weigh in tonight. Wish me luck!

I've just been looking at other people's G weights. I went with 12 stone (168lbs) because I've not been that since I was about 11 and I figured with the extra height that would look ok. I don't want to be super skinny but I'd like to have a nice shape / size.
I'm 5'6 with a medium build. Alot of my height is in my back though - I'm only average legged.

What do you think?

Last edited by fifitrix; 01-21-2009 at 08:09 AM. Reason: to add
Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #5  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome - love your avatar!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi Fi! Welcome!

I hope your weigh in went well!

And about how to set your goal weight - I think for most of us, that is just a blind guess! We really have no idea how we will look or how our bodies will respond as we get close to it. I think you have to set one, but you also have to allow for the fact that you may wish to change it up or down as you slim down. You should also have mini-goals, something that you can feel great about reaching and draw motivation from so that you can keep going through the inevitable rough spots. Maybe it's losing ten pounds at a time, maybe it's being able to do a certain number of minutes of exercise, maybe it's eating more veggies or less of what you are trying to cut out.

BP
Old 01-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #7  

Smile

Thanks for the advice bopeep - I guess I'll leave my goal weight as is until I'm closer and have more info.

I lost 10lbs this week. It was really unexpected because I had plenty to eat and didn't actually manage hardly any exercise at all (except for a bit of walking but that wasn't much more than my previously sedentary lifestyle).

And I was pretty good the week before I started and did lost some weight then, so I don't think this week can have been all "water" loss. I had already cut out almost all of the processed and sugary foods and started drinking more water. So hopefully most of it was actual loss. Especially as it represents the last of what I put on over Xmas and New Year. I had flu and then a cold the whole time. So I didn't eat at all for a couple of days but then ate in misery for the rest of the holidays, like food was going out of fashion.

I haven't felt hungry at all since I've started the RC plan though, and I've noticed that I am much more alert - I've not been getting any of those "OMG I need to sleep" moments in the afternoons and I think I've been sleeping better at night too.

I've set myself some mini goals for the next 60 pounds or so to lose to keep me motivated :

<350 lbs - have a mini pampering session - facial/manicure/pedicure
<330 lbs - Buy myself a Wii fit board (as I wouldn't be able to use it until then)
<300 lbs - have a luxury pampering session at a spa - full day package.

I've been very virtuous today. I just had a lunchtime meeting at work that was catered and all I had was some fruit (which was allowed on my plan). I've got some soup to have after my next meeting (which starts in 5 minutes or I'd have it now.)

Overall - so far so good. I'm pretty happy today!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #8  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Hi, I'm new as well. Good to see another newb
Old 01-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #9  

Hi Moon Safari!

How are you getting on? I'm so determined to get healthy this year, but sometimes it's sooo hard. I had a wobble over the weekend when I ate out with friends. I didn't make the best choices but the menu was so confusing (too many different choices and too little nutrition info about each choice).

I eventually went with something I could predict/count but that was probably not the best choice. It was a chain pub not a proper restaurant and the kind of place where ordering off menu would have thrown the order taker into a meltdown so I didn't attempt it.

Nevermind. Back on track since then and hopefully it wont show too much at my weekly weigh in.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #10  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

luckily im pretty well versed in low carb living as i was on atkins years ago. i am hitting up the twix bars pretty hard lol. being able to make snap decisions on nutrition is always hard, especially at certain places but you did the best you could and thats what you should expect from yourself. not perfection
Old 01-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #11  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

S/C/G: 198.5/191/168

Height: 5'2

Hey ladies,
I'm somewhat new too. Just wanted to say hi =)
Old 01-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #12  

Hi sarahnotsega!

I love your tag line - very appropriate for cats..

I lost another 3lbs this week which isn't bad since I've got the monthly **** which arrived today.

So that's 13lbs in two weeks. YAY! I'm pretty happy with that. I wanted to lose at least a stone in the first month and I only need one more pound to achieve that.

Fi
x
Old 01-29-2009, 06:51 AM   #13  
busty nerd

S/C/G: 210/206/133

Height: 5'5"

congratulations on 13lbs!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #14  
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

S/C/G: 198.5/191/168

Height: 5'2

Thats awesome!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #15  
Has Sauce

S/C/G: 278/164/145

Height: 5'2"

I thought I heard someone was throwing stones in this thread, I see now that you are just dropping stones!!

Welcome and a hearty "well done!!" on your weigh-in! That rocks!
Closed Thread