Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 02:00 AM   #1  
a brave new me...

Exclamation FAT vs. THIN

Ok, I am starting a thread that will be solely dedicated to ranting and whining about why it sucks to be fat and all the reasons why it would be great to be thin.

I'll begin.

First, let me say that it really sucks to be fat because I cannot find any clothes that fit me properly. Not only am I fat, but I am also short. This puts me in the land of the chubby and stubby who are apparently supposed to run around naked or wear moomoos of some sort. I would love to be thin because I could wear whatever outfit I wanted and look fabulous.

Next, I think it sucks to fat because I am always self-concious about my body. I DREAD running into people that I haven't seen in awhile because I am sure they are thinking "boy, she has packed on the pounds... what a pig" It would be great to be thin so they would be looking at me and thinking how HOT I looked.

I have hundreds more but I am going to pace my whining. Anyone else care to join in this pity party?
Old 09-09-2002, 07:57 AM   #2  
Queen of China

oooh..oooh..me next, me next!!!

how about fitting comfortably in airplane seats???
and the dreaded panti-hose conspiracy.
and buying clothes without the necklaces attached (a personal pet peeve!)
and pulling knee socks all the way up...
or having to 'scout the store' to see if they have your size...
or the look on the cashiers face when you check out at the grocery store... (&^*% them!)
or the fact that you only go to the dentist because it is the only Dr. who will not weigh you

ok...I feel better, not finished, but better
Old 09-09-2002, 08:31 AM   #3  
Must Shrink.

One time I saw my reflection in a window and I saw my mother's shape. Scared me good.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:21 AM   #4  
a brave new me...

Thumbs up Here is one...

You know what really sucks about being fat... the weight loss process. I mean, it takes FOREVER to lose weight, you must deprive yourself of the food you love, you have to force your body to exercise, you walk around starving, and then it seems inevitably you gain the weight back and then some. Plus you get to hear the double-edged compliments like "have you lost weight... you look great" (secret meaning... you looked like crap before). Or you get to hear comments from fat relatives or friends like "I lost weight on that diet and gained it all back" or "being fat is in your genes" or "yo-yo dieting is really unhealthy for you". It would be great to be thin just so I would never have to try and lose weight again!

Last edited by Sojourner; 09-09-2002 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:19 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

What I like is when you've told relatives that you're trying to watch it, and yet they offer you cookies, cakes, etc. Yes, I can say no, and often do, but that's not the point. How about saying yes once in awhile when I call you to go for a walk w/me instead?

What really frosts my cupcakes is my health insurance company won't cover my gym membership. They will cover numerous doctor visits & medications to treat the lovely things that can come w/being overweight: high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. But if I want to work out & prevent these things from happening, I'm on my own. Same thing w/them not covering birth control pills. You won't cover $30/month for my pills, but you WILL cover a $10,000 hospital birth!?!?!?!

K, I feel better.

Hey Sojo, where are you in WI? I'm in the suburbs of Mke.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:14 PM   #6  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Well, my second least favorite thing is I can't buy leather boots that go past my ankle because they aren't made for fat legs. My ultamite goal is a pair of thigh high leather boots.

My least favorite thing is squeezing my butt into a pair of my jeans that just barely fit. Then later after a night out at a bar, going home changing into a pair of shorts & a tshirt for bed, cuddling and getting asked what those marks on your legs are from while his hand is on your leg. My answer - "I told you I need to fit into my clothes again". His answer - a very sad sounding "Oh". He felt sorry he asked and made me unhappy. Those stupid marks are something I have always HATED but could pretend they weren't there because no one else saw them. But the good thing was it was a kick in the *** I needed to really do something about it. I can't ignore them forever.

PrettyFace - I can't believe they don't cover the Pill. Mine does and I am so glad.
Old 09-09-2002, 11:22 PM   #7  
a brave new me...

Thumbs up Oh yes...

the leather boots!!! Its probably a good thing they don't fit as I already have way too many shoes.

How about this... when you are fat, men and people in general tend to look right through you as if you don't exist. And when you are thin, well, then you get attention and respect. That is just plain wrong.

Or how about trying on clothes at the store and looking in the dreaded....

THREE-WAY MIRROR!!

When I am finally thin you can guarantee that I will actually purchase a three way mirror for my bedroom and prance around in front of it naked on a regular basis. Heck, I may even prance around in front of it in the store... maybe with some clothes on.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:22 AM   #8  
Queen of China

I would be happy just being able to prance and not hear a slapping sound...
Old 09-10-2002, 12:20 PM   #9  
Must Shrink.

Ugh. Off topic, but similar.

I have this friend, (who I don't see much of anymore) who always compliments me when I'm heavy, and ignores how I look when I'm smaller. When I smoked, she would stick religiosly to 3 smokes per day, mentally counting how many I smoked and when I quit smoking she proceeded to smoke at least 7 or 8 per visit. She would say; oh, it's too bad you're addicted to cigarettes, I only need 1 or 2 a day.

She's my crazy-maker for sure.

She can go take a hike with those people who offer sweets and yummies as soon as they find out you're watching what you're eating.
Old 09-10-2002, 12:34 PM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YES!!! The people who say, "We should go on a diet" (looking you up and down), and then when you do and they DON'T, they bring you treats and say, "A little won't hurt!!"
Old 09-10-2002, 08:27 PM   #11  
a brave new me...

Wink Oh yes...

I know of the notorious diat saboteurs. That sucks... my overweight mom is one of the worst.

How about this... skinny friends who complain about how fat they are to their very fat friends. This just burns me up! I mean, how can someone who weighs say 115 pounds sit there and complain about their "disgusting" huge rear and fat thighs to someone who weighs almost 200 pounds!??! It is so obnoxious. Granted, I know that self loathing is relative and most people think they are fat even when they aren't... but it is so rude to say bad things about your own weight to someone bigger than you. It is completely a different thing to empathize with each other. I actually had a good friend who is maybe 30 pounds overweight announce that "she didn't deserve to live" because of how fat and gross she was. She said this to a table of women all much larger than her. Yes.. I know... she is PSYCHO :hypno2:, but how insulting is that?? When I am thin I will be supportive and hopefully inspirational to others trying to lose weight.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:14 PM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ahhh, yes, the diet saboteurs

I have a friend that I can't discuss anything diet, food or health related with because everytime I do she makes a negative comment about my dieting.

I have also told my mom on several occasions that I am trying not to eat white flour products and white rice and everytime I go to my parents place for dinner she serves white rice and puts a basket of white rolls or bread on the table

The last time one of my stick chick friends complained about being fat I said "You know your are right, that big toe of yours is getting kind of pudgy looking. Probably because it is the only ounce of fat on your body! Now shut up and drink your beer!" followed by much laughter from all of us. Sheesh!
Old 09-11-2002, 01:37 AM   #13  
a brave new me...

Exclamation Oh man...

I just thought of a really terrible aspect of being fat...

THIGHS RUBBING TOGETHER!

(and I'm not talking about the fun kind of rubbing thighs during sex...)

I long for the day when my thighs will have proper clearance.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:12 AM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

How about this! Yesterday I was going through some photos with a friend. There was one of me when I was 19. She said, "Oh! You were really pretty!"
snarl

Or this. Went to my best friend's on the weekend for a BBQ. She used to give me all of her cast-off clothes (REALLY expensive and barely worn. She's thin, and they USED to fit me!). THIS TIME, she said to my 13 year old daughter, "Come on... we'll go through my closet and I'll give you some of my clothes."
curses

Or wearing socks and not realizing until you take them off that they've been slowly cutting off your circulation all day, and when you take them off there is a MAJOR red indent around each puffy ankle. It's itchy and it hurts.
Old 09-11-2002, 06:55 AM   #15  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Sojourner, I hear ya on the thigh thing. I long for the day when I no longer have to powder my thighs just to be comfortable. To be able to see light coming through the otherside will be so wonderful. I also have family who know I am trying to be very concious about what I eat, but yet they still pass me the tray with all the yummy sweets and say, ah come on a little wont hurt!
Really how do they think I got this way! Oh well, soon there will be a thinner me!
Virginia
Closed Thread