Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Thumbs up Back In Kindergarten #70

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Feel free to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!
So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-21-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

mmm, just my luck......now I have run out of time!
lol

I have had a good day off from work. Cleaned my room like a teenager, hope my mom lets me go out this weekend*snicker*

Gab talked me into going to the toy store after school and we have swimming tonight!

Almost hate to say it but......getting tired of salad....man does not eat by Romaine alone obviously.

hope you ladies are having a good day!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-21-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

k- was able to speed read back post. haha

I also have 10 minutes on the library computer. I feel so lame when I write that. You think I would have my own computer.

- sorry about the work place. Major drama at my place to, almost makes you want to go get another job. lol Snuggle Dominic! That'll make you feel better.

Sue- Thinking of your mother,hope she is having a good day.

Tammy - Hope you are able to get out of the hospital soon!

Katy - Did you see DH in the parade?? I wasn't able to watch.

Kathy - lol - all sorts of things would jiggle on me too...

to Cristina, Mindee ,Asia, Francie ,Sassy.....am I forgetting someone??

Now I better get. Chat later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-21-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #4  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I finished The Reader. It was good, the ending took me by surpise. I want to watch the movie now. I'm going to start another book tonight. But for now I'm just gonna enjoy my time alone with Fonzo. Angel is at work right now. So its just me & the hubby alone for a couple of hours, lol. Angel works again on friday..and Fonzo has that day off. YAY!!! Friday is our 6 year anniversary. I cant believe I've been with that boy for 6 years, lol.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #5  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping back in here to see how every one is doing...

the kids are watching Fireman Sam again.......Tommy is making dinner......and I am putzing around on here.

Tomorrow Brandon has his follow up with the ENT, so that should be interesting to see how that goes.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello...

SUSAN...THANK YOU for starting the new thread, very much appreciated! Kids, they know how to get what they want don't they? Cambrie twisted my arm yesterday when I ran to Wal-mart for milk...went home with a freaking toy grocery cart and puzzle, lol. She wanted more and I told her no, that's more than enough. Gotta love 'em though eh?! How is Gaby liking the new school and swimming? I know she did swimming before, so apparently she loves it, duh! Yeah, I think it would get a little boring, eating salads after a while. I think that is one of my problems, I get bored with eating the same thing day in and day out.

JULES...hugs to you missy. I don't know why some people thrive off the drama. Hope it gets better at work.

ASIA...Ernie dog is our puppy dog. Well, we call him puppy dog but he is actually 13 1/2 years-old, lol. Still our baby and now he is miliking it, lol...dog is smart! I've not gone online and checked out the challenge yet but I do plan to. Is there a time frame for it, and for you for your 16 or 17 pounds? Sorry, I forgot how much you were aiming to lose.

MINDEE...hoping Tommy isn't lifting anything heavy, he should take it easy still since it's not even been a week. Glad the kids are feeling better.

SUE...thinking of you and your mom. Hoping she is feeling better and glad she is home now...there's no place like home!

KATHY...I think we need more hours in the days, but then we would just have more time to work wouldn't we? Hoping all is well with you.

TAMMY...hoping you are feeling better sweetie and hope if you're not at home that you will be soon!

FRANCIE...I've not heard of that book/movie. But I am thinking I may want to see the movie that is out now, can't think of the name...Revoluntionary Road or something like that???? Hope you get the day with Fonzo Friday.

KATY...when will your hubby be back, hoping he had a great time!

Not a lot going on with me. I was up early and got the majority of my exercise done. I have a 30 minute walk left to do...thinking I will break it up into two walks...feeling sleepy. Took Cambrie to preschool and then DS came home from his trip to FL and offered to take me to lunch so I couldn't resist. Actually, I could but didn't. There went my flex points for the week, lol. Maybe not, I've not figured them out yet. Even if it took all of them that's okay...just means I HAVE to stay within my daily points. Anyway...

Take care
Old 01-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #7  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the good wishes for mom. She is home, even though they said after her blood work that she still has the virus in her system. She had the same virus that causes mono...so Dr. said she would be wiped out for awhile. I am so glad I took her to the ER. They got her heart meds. back on track and hydrated her.

I cleaned house, and did another load of laundry this morning. DH swept all the hard surface floors and I did the carpets. He knew I was pooped. Eight hours at the hospital Mon. and again Tues. Don't know why that tires me out. Luckily today they had her ready almost as soon as I got there. She and I booked home pretty fast.

Bad news is...after our trip and the hospital I am no where near my goal for the challenge, and have not lost a bit. That good old stress.....ugh. I need a week of eating salads every day...and I could do that...or cereal. I love both.

Grocery shopping and Wal- Mart tomorrow, so maybe I will plan a few meals. I need to tell DH I am not cooking for a week....lol. That would go over big. (actually, a month would get me a good start)

Okay...off to bed and see if I can rest now that Mom is back under my roof. I worry, then can't sleep. I bet I sleep well tonight.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #8  

stopping back in to see how every one is doing.......putzing around online before heading to bed. I already called in to the school and the bus for Brandon. I think that he is happy for his appointment because I told him that he could come home and take a nap if he wanted to.

SuzieQ~ Thank you for starting a new thread! I was going to but then dinner was ready, so I didn't get a chance to.

Cristina~ Nope, he isn't lifting anything too heavy. He has me yelling at him to not lift anything heavy!

Sue~ It is good to hear that your mom is back home. I had Mono my senior year in high school....so I know what your mom is going through. she will be weak for about a week or two.

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 01-21-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:54 PM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Cristina~Here's the movie: http://www.thereader-movie.com/ And here's the book: http://www.amazon.com/Reader-Movie-T...2599728&sr=8-1 I do want to see Revolutionary Road too. I love Leo & Kate!!! I was so happy when Kate Winslet won the 2 Golden Globes!!! She's a great actress. Have you seen one her first movies, Heavenly Creatures?? That was such a good movie!!! And of course Sense and Sensabilty. I made my mom watch that movie 20 billion times, LOL!! I just love Kate Winslet!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #10  
One day at a time

Good morning, chickies...

SUE...glad your mom is home and on the mend. Don't worry about the challenge..do what you can do, you still have time. I think I will quit cooking for a week too!

MINDEE...glad Tommy is doing well too and on the mend.

FRANCIE...thanks for the link, I want to see that movie now! Never saw Heavenly Creatures...I don't think, will have to look it up and see. I see so many movies and can't remember some until I go to watch it and then remember that I did indeed see it already, lol. I have seen Sense and Sensibilty...and I too love Kate Winslet and was VERY happy to see her finally win!!!

JULES...hoping you have a drama free day!

Hiya to everyone else

I didn't have to get up early and go get C but I decided to get up ealry anyway. I wanted to start the day off with some exercise before jumping in the shower. She's not coming over today, well, until later. She had an infection on her finger and it is back so J is taking her to the doc and then will bring her over after. Gives me the morning to get what I need to get done. Which is grocery shopping, and then take some things back to Penney's, and exercise in peace of course, lol. It is supposed to be 62 today so later on when she gets here I will take her on that bike ride she didn't get in the other day. So I will get in 1 1/2 miles there and I am walking the treadmill this morning. Already did one walk and getting ready to do another. Hoping to get in 5 miles today. I'll check back later.

Have a great day!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 AM   #11  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Hubby made it home ok..very smooth flight, no delays. He was tired, but had the time of his life...all worth it!
Now we have the news that his grandma is in the hospital with congestive heart failure and we are just hanging by the phone for daily updates. She's stable on oxygen, but not improving.

Cristina- let's all quit cooking, lol! I seem to be eating salads anyway...guess the kids might like something different once in awhile

Francie - I read The Reader for our book group and thought it was very good. We had a long discussion about whether the relationship could be truly consensual...the perspective of the author seemed to be one of someone who had been abused. I think the book leaves one wondering, don't you think? I want to see the movie... I think Kate Winslett is excellent casting!

Sue - glad your mom is doing better.. I had mono in college - NO FUN. I'm with Cristina - we all picked our own challenges, so just do what works for you. I haven't stuck to mine religiously, so I'm tweaking it.

HI to Susan, Mindee, Kathy, Asia, Jules, and Tammy! Hope i got everyone, if not - HI to you, too!

I'd do more indys but I have to go get Leigh up for school. Woke up to 171 and change, so the holiday pounds are coming off. That really should have been my goal all along, though I am still focused on keeping my carbs to 100. I just am not doing it everyday. My produce gets delivered today, so I am going to renew my efforts.

Have a great day, everyone!

Old 01-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #12  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

I am sooooooo proud of my turkey meatballs that I made this morning ......

.....no that is not an actual picture (though if I had time......haha).....when I work at 11am I try and get some dinner started and this morning it is like "what will Gaby eat??" She is such a picky eater. I know she will eat meatballs and mash potatoes. I used some of the ground turkey and mixed it w/ a meatloaf mix.

anyway, I probably sound ******ed but I don't cook....and omg, I did this morning!! lol Now I figure I can have turkey meatball salads for the next few days.

Cristina- sorry about Cambrie's finger! Hope she is ok and Ernie is feeling better now that he is home. Wow to your 5 miles!! You GO!! I will just sit back and watch. Gaby loves her school and the swimming. When I get paid next week I am going to sign her up for t-ball, think she will like that. I have to shop for a doctor for her, she has Blue Cross w/ her fathers insurance. I found a female Dr. on the list of preferred so I just need to call. And you know I bought her a $12 playmobil and all she wanted was the horse it the kit......Playmobil is way to expensive!

Katy - , sorry to hear about DH's grandmother but glad he had a safe trip. Good for you on 171!

Francie - I want to see Revolutionary Road too, I was almost going to see it w/ Beck but she decided on Bride Wars, maybe next time. I am almost done w/ Conversations and still like it! Have to check out The Reader next.

Mindee - Good luck w/ the ENT (is it IEP???) tomorrow. Now that Gab has BC/BS I need to call back the speech lady and see if she will take that insurance. Sometimes small towns are a pain. lol anyway, hope Tommy is healing ok.

Sue- to you and your mom.....sounds like you need some rest, hope you get that today.

to everyone else!

I better get to work. It is a beautiful day here on the coast, almost feels like spring. I still don't want Gaby at school too early playing outside (they play from 7:45 to 8:15) so I plan on getting there right as they are called in the school. Gab had a friggin melt down this morning when she saw the 3rd graders being called in. "You never let me play!! I want to play!! Now I can only play outside 2 times!!" and she holds up her fingers to show me what 2 looks like...*eyes roll* whatever....what kid needs to be playing outside before 8am?? Not mine. lmbo

Adios and wish you all a good day

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-22-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #13  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

I'm back!!!

Well barely. Got home from the hospital about 7 last night and got immediately into the shower. I was so worn out. Still feeling crappy but slept pretty well last night. Don't know when I'll get back to work, maybe next Thur,Fri. Have a doc appt on Monday and will decide then. Wow, this is the sickest I've ever been. My history of asthma is what really put me under, I'm sure. Without it, I might have been able to handle it better. This was a first for me. Never imagined almost a week in the hospital. I had to beg to get out last night. Promise to do nearly nothing at home! Well, needless to say, after being on the computer half the day, washing my hair, making a sandwich for lunch, I am totally exhausted and hacking my head off more. In a minute, I'm heading for the comfy recliner, cover up with my dogs and snooze a little.

Cristina: so happy to hear that Ernie dog is on the mend. God, I missed my boys, Cody has not been off my lap all day.

Mindee-glad that Tommy had his surgery and is on the mend.

Sue--Hope your mom continues to do better. That running back and forth to the hospital is no fun. Dh was quite moody last night after getting me back home. I know he was tired of all the running.

Hugs to everyone else. Going to lay down now, will check back later.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #14  

well, we are back from the ENT. Brandon has to go back in two months because he had some negative pressure in both ears. So, the ENT wants to check him again then. He said that it isn't enough to cause concern right now, which is why he wants to check him in two months.

then we took the kids to the mall to let them burn off some energy at the play area. then we stopped for a pretzel, and then went on to walmart to pick up some stuff. then came home and it is nap time, although the only one not napping is Logan. although I hear Brandon crying right now, so I am sure that Logan did something to him!

I am so ready for a nap, but now both boys are awake and Tommy is napping on the couch.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Another quick HI, lol...it's not funny...just I meant to get here sooner and didn't realize the time..can't miss my Jeopardy, lol. Sorry ladies, I love ya but my Jeopardy comes first...kidding of course, I think. I'll be back a little later. J still hasn't brought Cambrie over but did just get off the phone and they are waiting for Chase to get home then going to get some meds for her finger and then will be over. Anywho...I'll be back later this evening, after dinner. Hugs
Closed Thread