Old 01-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Angry Skinny sister ate my apples!

I bought a bag of apples (5 total) on Monday. My sister and I are roommates and I absolutely love her dearly... BUT SHE ATE MY APPLES! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She can eat anything she wants and still weighs 105 soaking wet with a brick tied to her butt and she still eats MY APPLES!!!

sorry I am slightly irritated... I only got one... and I usually eat them for my breakfast along with other things of course.... but now I am apple-less
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #2  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

buy some and hidethem lol
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Do you have an arrangement on food in the house? You might consider setting up foods that are "yours", "hers", and "everyone's", which would prevent this in the future, but this isn't going to happen without having a discussion about it. And if your food has all been collective before, and now you're eating healthfully and planning your meals, she may not know that you are upset.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Ug that's like with me- my brother would eat my health food and I would get so annoyed! I was like dude this is MY food- you know it's for me- I buy it special please don't eat it!

My brother would eat everything to the point where people would hide food in their rooms lol.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/Don't weight often/130

Height: 5'6

I had a similar situation with my roommate. We never came up with a system and it just got messy. There was no sense of who bought what, what was off limits or what we were saving for something special. By the time I got annoyed with it, it was way too awkward to bring up. It may be different for you since she is your sister and you can probably be a lot more honest but I would definately suggest working out a system. Like maybe you label things that are just meant for you and anything else is up for grabs.

There is nothing worse than dreaming about eating something all day and you get home to find someone else has eaten it!
cooperistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #6  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

You could tell her if she eats your food again, you are going to use her deodorant on the dog ---- or hook her bed up to the overhead fan so she gets bedspins even when she hasn't had anything to drink --- or you go to her all scared and upset, telling her you just KNOW some psycho is hiding in the walls of your home because he keeps eating all your freaking food and there isn't anyone else to do that because she would never be that inconsiderate; too bad the psycho didn't know that you had ALREADY planted a little tiny explosive in one of the missing apples and he is only minutes away from violent death.....

Or yeah, you could talk to her and enlist her in the battle against our enemy fat, but that is just like so ....mature.

LOL --- Good luck finding a solution.
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #7  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Bad Sister!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #8  

So.... I talked to my darling sister.... She apologized and said she wouldnt eat any more of my apples... as we finished our conversation I was relieved ....until I threw a paper towel away and realized SHE ATE MY SWEET POTATO that I was going to have for dinner so I told her to please check with me before she eats any of my fruits or veggies...
Old 01-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

So sorry! That can't be fun. I feel that way about wine at my house. No matter how much I buy, it's gone when I want a glass!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

It happens in my house - it was my teenagers eating my food and sometimes when they got what they wanted out of it my husband would nick something... LOL

So - it got to the point that every weekend when we are unloading food - I would identify anything that was specifically for my work lunches - and they all understand that I really don't care if it takes me 4 weeks to go through that package they had better not touch it - otherwise I cut off all "normal" snacks. It worked......LOL
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #11  

Dear God I have become a food ****....
Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #12  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

My sister who is about 105 lbs and a size 0-2 used to do that to me all the time when I was living with her. It annoyed me soo much. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and she was blessed with a naturally slender body and has never even been a few lbs overweight but used to always eat my healthy food! Grrr. Lol. I would start labeling and let her know that you really don't want her to eat your food.
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 262/See Ticker/135

Nope - you have not become a food **** - you are just defending your right for healthy food choices....LOL

Seriously though - when your food choices are taken away - what does that leave you with in the cupboard? Her food that is not really on your plan? What does that do to you in the end? Initially I felt that I was being too picky until I asked myself- how many times did I have to scramble to find something "within plan" and when I am the only one "on plan" so the majority of the food is for everyone else... it didn't leave me too many options.
Randi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #14  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

...I still have this problem with my family. I buy things because I want to be healthy and it is gone when I go to eat it. I don't mind sharing and would love everyone to be healthy... but really? If you want half of it then pay me for half of it. I can't afford to pay for everyone to take care of themselves...
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #15  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I have to hide things from my husband. He is already fit as a fiddle and dang sexy! LOL But babe stay away from my food!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote