Old 01-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Talking New and Rarin' to go....

Hey everyone, I may have already introduced myself in the daily chat, but figure I would do it more extensively here. I am 31, married for a little over a year, no kids, have 2 cats and a boxer puppy, work in Cultural Events, and live in West Virginia. I have 80 lbs to lose, I am the heaviest I have ever been to date, it sealed the deal when i had a bad bout with my ashtma and landed in the hospital and was on prednisone for about a month straight hard core to get better, I gained my last 20 lbs there and nothing has budged since. As of now I havent done much but right down what I am eating, but my payday is on Thursday, so I plan to pick up good stuff to get me stocked up.....such as celery, carrots, yogurt, hummus, wheat bread, wheat pasta, etc...If anyone has any other ideas on good food choices for lunch as far as sandwiches(I am on a pretty tight budget) I would welcome the help. I am so glad i found this forum and visit every day. I am also hoping to find a treadmill in our ad bulletin for cheap as I am very embarassed to walk in public and cannot afford the gym and want to be close to home exercising if my asthma acts up. Thanks everyone in advance for all your support and help! I noticed a lot of you have problems and obstacles just like me, which gives me hope that i too can overcome!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #2  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey Jenn! Good to meet you! I am also new...and on a tight budget, too!

My mom and dad had a treadmill in their basement just gathering dust, and so I acquired that...I sent out a "group" e-mail to all of my family and friends, asking if they had one, because sometimes people are just looking for a reason to get rid of what they consider "junk." Also, check craigslist.org. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but I ABSOLUTELY swear by it!

Good luck to you!!

meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #3  

Yeah my mother uses her treadmill to hang clothes but every time I ask for it she swears she uses it, LOL....Im new at the craigslist thing, but i will def check it out, thanks!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I got my treadmill on craigs list for $175 from some really nice people in town. So glad I purchased it. Also consider tracking your calories on thedailyplate.com (it's free!). Helped me more than anything ever has.
Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome....you will find this place really can be a huge help. Good luck...definately cruise around this site..there are a lot of helpful advice for different wt loss strategies etc. good luck!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #6  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

welcome

Last edited by me4life; 01-10-2009 at 08:18 AM.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #7  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody2006 View Post
I got my treadmill on craigs list for $175 from some really nice people in town. So glad I purchased it. Also consider tracking your calories on thedailyplate.com (it's free!). Helped me more than anything ever has.
I just got on thedailyplate.com...It is sooo cool! I love the calorie/exercise tracker. Thanks for the suggestion!!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/240/140

Height: 5'7"

Hey Fellow newlywed with furry children, (aka WVU Jenn)!

This is my very first post - I guess it took another WV girl to make me finally pull myself out of lurk-dom. I have about 100 lbs to lose(80% post-marital ... yikes). My husband is gone a lot with his job so it is just me and his insane family trapped on a mountain top together (you know. in case there were any questions about the weight gain lol)

I'm actually a Michigan transplant. I moved here to get married ... but I couldn't resist saying hello anyway
ravishingruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishingruby View Post
Hey Fellow newlywed with furry children, (aka WVU Jenn)!

This is my very first post - I guess it took another WV girl to make me finally pull myself out of lurk-dom. I have about 100 lbs to lose(80% post-marital ... yikes). My husband is gone a lot with his job so it is just me and his insane family trapped on a mountain top together (you know. in case there were any questions about the weight gain lol)

I'm actually a Michigan transplant. I moved here to get married ... but I couldn't resist saying hello anyway

Tee hee, your trapped on a mountain with one of our insane WV families eh? Good luck with that! j/k I love your avatar, good luck with your weight loss, lets keep in touch!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/283.6/180

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome to the boards Jenn. Congrats on your dedication to a more healthy lifestyle.
Masstacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

WV girl here too... woot!

Well, technically I'm in Ohio (or "O-hi" where I'm from in WV) but I call the mountain state home.

Just wanted to say hey and good luck!
marimari is offline   Reply With Quote